Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1981 Dry Sump project - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1981 Dry Sump project

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Dave .Both look fantastic ..But for me I would keep the car as it came out of the factory  But I am glad you are keeping the car .Either way li will look fantastic ....Good luck ....Mike .  Reminds me of the late late breakfast  show car in red .Think it was red ....Mike

• Like 1

Another vote for red and gold with Comps here. Great news that another dry sump is being restored to its former glory (or better!), best of luck.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, love the Noel Edmonds show and just sat watching it laughing at how awful TV was back then but still good!

Doubt I will decide on colour for a while and it will be a spontaneous decision at the time no doubt. Going to be black wheels though as I like the look, also assembling them soon so leaves my colour choice open.

If I go red then I will get the seat centres changed to leather as all the other panels are full.

IMG_0635.JPG.78e4e96a70038d29644a4d6ac5936d4b.JPGI do like this image though! Can't wait to play my 80's vibes on that roof stereo! ?

Mind the image Stephen posted in that advert is wicked ?

It would have looked good next to Jo and Jonny's cars at brands. ??

Dave :) 

• Like 2

Do or do not, there is no try! 

I'd go black decals with silver/black Comps but rest assured that it's going to look amazing whatever you do.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Yes nearly bought it over mine but to turn that into an Essex replica as planned would have me hung by members being so clean. That's why I went for a car needing paint anyway.

In hindsight if staying red I should have gone with my gut feeling, I was not keen on the sunroof or the Essex red interior on a red car, black does look better with Stephens beauty highlighting that well. :thumbup:

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Remember it well Dave and many an email in betweenB-)

Looked a nice car but I personally couldn't have lived with red paint and red interior.....that's migraine material in my book. And my childhood photographic memory won't allow me to see a red Turbo with black decals with anything else other than BBS wheels :lol:

Still think Gold decals and Gold centred Compos is the way to go - have you seen another one, other than those pictured here?

Your car though, so whatever you choose needs to be right for you.....I'm just chuffed you're restoring!:thumbup:

• Like 1