Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mod the V6S or look for a Cup? - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Mod the V6S or look for a Cup?

Gashead1105

2 hours ago, Bassman said:

Hi Gashead1105, yes, was there as part of the B&C squad, had an excellent day, my first time on the GP circuit (did the National last year), found it very demanding but would definitely go back.

Think we had a little chat in the morning while I was on a conference call (on mute!) Once I got off that I had a couple of goes in the grey Evora 400 and really enjoyed it.  Good to see your cup is being well used (a lot more than mine has been, I've only just got past 7,000 in 2 and a half years on mine!) 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
11 hours ago, The Pits said:

Good to have you on board Keith. Do we have your car on the V6 Cup register? If not, let me know the number and I'll add it to the register. Missing mine badly, I don't recommend selling. Will's idea of keeping and modifying has a lot going for it!

Thanks! Just in from a long day and catching up with a large glass of something strong! I'll send the number over tomorrow. I realise I set up my account years ago and it has been dormant - it's good to be back in touch. I have a day at Blyton on Monday, a private hire with my drivers group to do some close quarter work, then I think it's time to wind down and give the car some TLC over the winter. I'm hoping to meet up with some of you all next season!

• Like 1

On 9/28/2017 at 18:06, C8RKH said:

Lovely post that @Bassman you can feel how much you love your cup.

Oh I most certainly do! 

Also saw your post dated 24 September - I would definitely recommend some tuition. I came to the Cup via a 2009 Exige S2 which I had for 18 months and it was the perfect car for a performance beginner. I then moved on to B&C's V6 S ex-demonstrator which was a quantum leap forwards. A year later Jamie at B&C dangled the Cup in front of me and I just couldn't say no! Throughout this period I was working with a freelance instructor to ensure I kept myself and the cars in one piece. In the context of cars costing tens of thousands of pounds money spent on tuition generates returns far in excess of the cash outlay. So good luck with the ARDS training at Knockhill, you won't regret it!

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 08:41, The Pits said:

Good to have you on board Keith. Do we have your car on the V6 Cup register? If not, let me know the number and I'll add it to the register. Missing mine badly, I don't recommend selling. Will's idea of keeping and modifying has a lot going for it!

Hi Jonny

my car is number 082.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I enjoyed the last trackday for this year in Spa Francorchamps. The weather was perfect and so I could try to what extent the latest modifications to my Exige Sport 350, the KomoTec

• close ratio final drive and the
  • plate-type LSD by Drexler

actually ipmroved the performance on the track. Fortunately all expectations were met - lap time improved 2 sec from 2:51:98 to 2:49:93 (first time below 2:50 ever) and the car handles great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Bwzc23GhQ

Previous conclusion confirmed: before I would consider any power upgrade I would (1) go for the close ratio final drive and (2) for the Drexler plate-type LSD as offered by KomoTec.

@Wilbert Camshaft Although i haven't received my car yet, that hasn't stopped me from looking at mods. I keep reading about the 5th and 6th gear being too tall and was considering the close ratio final drive from Komotec if deemed necessary. 

I would have thought that mod would be worth more than 2 secs on Spa. Would love to hear more feedback on the final drive upgrade. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Wilbert Camshaft said:

Yesterday I enjoyed the last trackday for this year in Spa Francorchamps. The weather was perfect and so I could try to what extent the latest modifications to my Exige Sport 350, the KomoTec

• close ratio final drive and the
  • plate-type LSD by Drexler

actually ipmroved the performance on the track. Fortunately all expectations were met - lap time improved 2 sec from 2:51:98 to 2:49:93 (first time below 2:50 ever) and the car handles great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Bwzc23GhQ

Previous conclusion confirmed: before I would consider any power upgrade I would (1) go for the close ratio final drive and (2) for the Drexler plate-type LSD as offered by KomoTec.

How are you finding the LSD across the different DPM modes? 

I generally drive with traction all off but do like the extra security of RAce mode in the rain on track!

www.alias23.com

At the end of the Camel straight in Spa the difference in top speed is: 219 standard gearing  - 230 close ratio final drive. The advantage in sec: 0,9 - initial speed out of Eau Rouge was comparable

To gain 11 km top speed on the camel straight without any power enhancement actually is a lot (although frankly speaking less than i expected). I estimated a more significant impact on the lap time (2 sec) than it actually is....

First time on the track with close ratio and LSD in Dijon the LSD initially intemidated me to an extent that I decided to remove it instantly after returning home - even with the race mode on you had to be prepared for considerable oversteer exiting corners (dry conditions)

After getting used to it and regaining confidence in the car's reactions on track in Spa I really like the cornering feel and the LSD will stay - but it's a change to get used to.

The close ratio final drive whereas is improvement without disadvantage.