Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mjk Finaly Finds A Car He Can Fit Into - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Mjk Finaly Finds A Car He Can Fit Into

OK, as a Lotus enthusiast I have to say that I support all British Car manufacturers.

This is sweet.....was taken outside my place a few minutes ago after I took the old man to pick his new wheels up yesterday.........

IMGP2730.jpg

It sounds so fantastic I fell in love instantly, build quality is great, not keen on the interior and the gearbox is poo (this is my opinion not the old mans....he thinks the car is great, but Lotus could make it greater still). It has it's shortcomings but, at 6ft 6in the old man struggles to fit in most sports cars.

Oh yeah.....before you all start shouting traitor, it's a loaner! :)

Oh and thats my new ride in the background.....same as the old one, just a different colour.....

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

No traitor about it at all. Everybody able to choose the wheels of their choice and I for one am quite jellous - well actually quite a bit jellous. Don't think you will find a single Lotus owner/enthusiast who will not like the Aston :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

All,

What a great picture. I trust "GUV" is product evaluating rivals / benchmarks ? I know he was a fan of the Excel, be great if next projects could be as exciting as this car. Imagine a new Excel / Elite that would be lighter, cheaper, faster and sweeter than the Aston. Mr Carr's got a job on his hands to make it look as great as the Aston - I want one in White ( when I'm 50 - unless of course there is a better car to rival it from Lotus! )

I am delighted to see he's back in the office, and trust that he will deliver the renaissance for Lotus Cars that I feel is on it's way.

Great to see he's a car guy - but I never doubted that !

A.T.B

Scott.

DB9 :)

Has it had the unofficial 'fix' to the exhaust restrictor valve/flap thingy? Mate of mine has had it done to his... now get to enjoys that awesome sound even at urban speeds :)

Edited by Tentenths

Nice - not jelous at all :)

End of the day NO-ONE doesn't like an Aston so it's all good - Lotus probably had a hand in it's concept anyways ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

might explain what the cammo car is.....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Lotus probably had a hand in it's concept anyways ?

Didn't Lotus Engineering help with the structure of the current models, made from bonded extruded aluminium sections...?

(Found some bedtime reading for you, Jono - Aluminum Now!, the online magazine of the (wilfully dyslexic) Aluminum Association :) )

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Tony,

As long as he gets rid of the Aston when the new Esprit arrives ;-)

I'm also of the view about supporting all British sports car companies (even TVR when they existed). Wouldn't it be great if David Richards and consortium also purchased Lotus. That would be one hell of a car company to make us Brits proud.

Regards,

Peter.

still cant beat misses 13yo supra on a dual carriageway,,,,ponce car

(but they sound unreal!!!!!)

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

LMFAO!

Fight fight fight fight! :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Nice ride Mike! :)

I had a pre-production Vantage around for a while too and liked it alot (but liked the DB9 better)

The lighting on the Astons is done locally to me in Belleville by Decoma-Autosystems, my friend Don was CEO of the company at the time , and I was involved in some of the work done on those headlamp (and tailamp) clusters.

You need to be talking to them about your future lighting needs, as I have noticed that the design and quality of the lighting used on the Elise/Exige/Europa was lacking (to say the least).

The new stuff you are developing deserves some decient lighting!

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

DB9 :)

Has it had the unofficial 'fix' to the exhaust restrictor valve/flap thingy? Mate of mine has had it done to his... now get to enjoys that awesome sound even at urban speeds :P

Thats an AMv8 not DB9. Great choice by the way!

Didn't Lotus Engineering help with the structure of the current models, made from bonded extruded aluminium sections...?

(Found some bedtime reading for you, Jono - Aluminum Now!, the online magazine of the (wilfully dyslexic) Aluminum Association :) )

This is true.

Karl, its a no contest event, the Aston is a british car and would not even matter if it did not have and engine it would be way cooler than any japanese car..

read somwhere the other day that Aston Martin is now considerd the coolest brand in the world..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

was only messing, there lovely cars and noise is stunning, they need to make a quicker

one, then again its more a prestige thing than a supercar thing.

(btw not all british cars are cool)

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Gold FFM
So true.

bristol_blenheim_3g_16_10_02.jpg

OK, its been hit with the ugly stick, but lots of luxury on the inside. Not a place to be found on the 'cool wall' though.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!