Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BC Forged Wheels - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BC Forged Wheels

Just about to push the button on a set of the BC Forged wheels:

https://www.tuning-empire.com/bc-forged-rs-31.html

I know that @Seriouslylotus is doing an incredible deal on his forged wheels but I want a different finish.

The sizes that have been recommended are:

Front: 17"x7,5 ET+25 

Rear: 18"x9,5 ET+35

Is anyone running wider sizes and if so with what size tyres? I wonder if 225 up front would be better (currently running ZZR 215).

Obviously wider rims will be marginally heavier but it would be nice to have some more rubber on the track as I'm running an EX460.

Edited by Dunc1

After a quick look, I can't find a decent sticky tyre in 285 35 18 and the choices on the front for 225s are ZZR or Cup 2 (can't find Trofeo R in this size.  On the rear I can only find the Cup 2 in 275 35 18, so that narrows tyre choice down to Cup 2s or slicks.

4 hours ago, 550superfast said:

The wheels look nice - what colour are you going for?

Can't help with size/offset etc, but, if you can run a 225 up front and 285 rear that would be an interesting development.

Matt bronze, diamond cut or brushed silver, am thinking of a colour change on the car to Arianco Borealis Orange over the winter - gulp!

Edited by Dunc1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

On the Cup 380: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres, front: 215/45/17, rear: 285/30/18

Paint or wrap?

Looks like 225/45/17 and 285/30/18 could work then - I'm yet to read any comparison between the Cup 2s, ZZR and Trofeo R.

Paint!

Note that on the front axle you will always have a "centerdrop" wheel in these RS31's to clear the caliper as per the picture Bravo73 posted above.

I know that on request, BC will make your rear wheels with a centerdrop too.  I think it looks funny to have a centerdrop front wheel and a concave rear wheel, albeit I like concave more.

Edited by Kristof Thys
typo

16 hours ago, sieger said:

I've got 17x8 +20, and 18x10 +30

Running 215 and 265 width semi slick rubber with no rubbing (standard suspension though). 

Looks to still be room to go to 225, and maybe even 285 rear.  

I just ordered the RS31s in 17x8 and 18x10, but with the offsets of +25 and +35 respectively. Will that be an issue?

2 hours ago, Kristof Thys said:

Note that on the front axle you will always have a "centerdrop" wheel in these RS31's to clear the caliper as per the picture Bravo73 posted above.

I know that on request, BC will make your rear wheels with a centerdrop too.  I think it looks funny to have a centerdrop front wheel and a concave rear wheel, albeit I like concave more.

I think that the rear is the same:6E6CB90F-E5E4-4976-9708-1DDE58031909.jpeg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

I think that the rear is the same:6E6CB90F-E5E4-4976-9708-1DDE58031909.jpeg

Hi @Bravo73, indeed, these wheels have the centerdrop front and back, nice!

For reference, see here the BC Forged RS 42 on Carsten's car.  Centerdrop at the front, concave at the rear (I think 18x10 ET 35).  Whilst discussing with BC forged this "issue" came up and Ken Chuang, international sales rep for BCEC, explained to me that rear centerdrop must be specifically ordered.

Lotus-exige-v6-bc-forged-wheels-tuning-e

Ken made me a quick render on the concave vs centerdrop rears:

17x8 ET 20 front with mandatory center drop, middle picture 18x10 ET 30 CONCAVE, right picture is 18x10 ET 30 with center drop.

So the middle one is the rear wheel on Carsten's car and the right side is the version you have on your Evora (give or take on the exact dimensions/offsets).

Knipsel.JPG

Edited by Kristof Thys
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

@Dunc1 how about some wheel arch extensions and some much wider wheels and tyres up front and rear?

I don't want to steer to far away from Lotus specs and following the advice here (thanks all) I've decided to go for 10J 32 offset rear (same as CUP 380) and 8J up front, just haven't decided on the offset for the front wheel.  Both front and rear centre drop.  This should allow me to run 285 on the rear as per the CUP 380, a bit risky running 225 45 17 up front but I'll give it a go, hence needing to make the right call on the front offset.

3 hours ago, 550superfast said:

@Dunc1 how about some wheel arch extensions and some much wider wheels and tyres up front and rear?

What whee arches are you referring to I haven't seen any on the V6... you've sparked my interest!

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

What whee arches are you referring to I haven't seen any on the V6... you've sparked my interest!

I'm struggling to find the photo. I think it was on an SSC blog, or pics at the Harrop test facility or maybe Facebook. White car with black and red livery. They were 993GT2 style.

On 07/10/2017 at 13:07, Kristof Thys said:

Ken made me a quick render on the concave vs centerdrop rears:

17x8 ET 20 front with mandatory center drop, middle picture 18x10 ET 30 CONCAVE, right picture is 18x10 ET 30 with center drop.

So the middle one is the rear wheel on Carsten's car and the right side is the version you have on your Evora (give or take on the exact dimensions/offsets).

Knipsel.JPG

very clear explanation, thanks ! same thing with Team Dynamic Race 1.2 and 1.3 wheels, on my car :  

593763IMG4104.jpg

I'm running 18x10 et35 & 17x8 et25 on my car - no issues whatsoever with 215/45/17 & 265/35/18.

Planning to run 235/40/17 & 285/30/18 later on but not sure if that will rub.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...