Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Now in the club... - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Now in the club...

DJV83

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Stephen. Well... the wait will be well worth it I assure you! ?

I've just spent the entire day clearing the garages ready for it. My wife said it's like I'm nesting in preparation for bringing a baby home ?

• Like 2

Very smart. Welcome to a very fun club.

The V6 revs to 7200rpm in Sport and Race modes, 6800rpm in Tour mode.

I'd drive the car first on track before any mods to have a baseline to compare against. You can also use the time to work out what you want to change or uprate and what you want the mods to achieve.

If you've no interest in trackdays then things like harder suspension and uprated brakes are probably not where you want to be looking. However a soft top conversion might be an idea for more road use.

Some good options out there now for more power and exhaust noise but the latter may restrict your choice of trackdays. I'd just enjoy the car as standard first. In 4.5 years of Exige ownership all I changed was the tyres. It was a brilliant straight out of the box.

4 hours ago, The Pits said:

Very smart. Welcome to a very fun club.

The V6 revs to 7200rpm in Sport and Race modes, 6800rpm in Tour mode.

I'd drive the car first on track before any mods to have a baseline to compare against. You can also use the time to work out what you want to change or uprate and what you want the mods to achieve.

If you've no interest in trackdays then things like harder suspension and uprated brakes are probably not where you want to be looking. However a soft top conversion might be an idea for more road use.

Some good options out there now for more power and exhaust noise but the latter may restrict your choice of trackdays. I'd just enjoy the car as standard first. In 4.5 years of Exige ownership all I changed was the tyres. It was a brilliant straight out of the box.

That's good advice, thanks.

The standard car does seem amazing as it is! 

That’s a stealthy one :thumbup: Welcome to the club! 

The shift lights are in the Rev counter, the red blinking of the immobiliser is one of 3 that light up as you approach the redline. 

I’ve done a few track days in mine and the only mods I’ve done are fit a towing eye (which you’ve already got) and swapping the brake fluid to Castrol SRF. I never got brake fade, but I tend to share the car with my gf at trackdays so I upgraded to make sure. 

Enjoy!

• Gold FFM

Aww bugger. You beat me.

I was going to go:

Dana Dana Dana Dana Batman!

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Congrats on the new car, enjoy!

Mods I've done, listed in order of how much more amazing the car feels to me.

1. 2Bular exhaust, simply the best thing ever for a V6

2. Soft top conversion - adds a whole new dimension to the fun, you also can hear more of mod 1 above.

3. Forged Lotus wheels and new tyres. Never really thought much of the standard P-Zero's and having tried Michelin PS4's I'm glad I changed. Wheel/tyre combo has improved ride comfort, lowered road noise, given better steering feel by reducing tram lining and unwanted 'chatter'. Also increased ability to get the power down, though the rears were down to 3mm.

4. Ticking indicator relay - unless of course you've done mods 1 and 2 above, in which case it's pointless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Link for exhaust, be warned Jim always seems very busy and it might take a while for the exhaust to arrive.

http://www.2bular.co.uk/exige-v6-70mm-bore-system

Hardest part of the conversion is actually finding the soft top, £1000+ from Lotus if they have any in stock. Keep an eye on all classifieds, I got lucky on the playground and found a good one for £400.

Then buy this https://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/14/1389/s2-exige-soft-top-conversion-kit/ and swallow some brave pills as you take a Dremel to your lovely Lotus - it's quit simple though. Measure twice (maybe 8 times) and cut once as they say.

Search on here, there's a few threads on the topic.

Edited by swanny71

You will not be disappointed by this car! I have had my matte black V6 Cup for 3 years and nearly 20,000 miles - every time I get into it all my troubles melt away and I just drive with a big fat grin on my face! As to mods, mine was delivered with a Quicksilver exhaust which sounds amazing but I have to be a bit careful on certain track days. For serious track work I find a harness to be essential. My dealer, Bell & Colvill, supply and fit Schroth harnesses which are fine, so I imagine Howard's Lotus could do similar for you.

Enjoy the drive.....!

• Like 1

congrats and welcome....looks like youre about to be grinning from ear to ear....

I bet you get jaw/cheek ache in the first week......

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)