Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 24 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Love it. Great pictures Jimmy. That has to be THE most striking GT430. Nice one.

• Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Wow, jaw dropping, thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoyed some epic drives this summer.

• Like 1

Dear Lotus TLF GT430 Club members,

I need help!

I just picked up my US Evora GT and purchased a GT 430 CF wing for the rear louvre! I have been trying in vain to have Lotus help me with a template to drill the CF and bolt on the OEM CF wing. Has any member here taken the wing off and can help with a template I can use to drill the rear louvre? I even reached out to the manufacturer of the louvre with help from Jonny but to no avail. Anyone have a contact at Lotus factory I can reach out too for help?

Any help would be appreciated.

40DAD49F-2C8C-417A-877F-4CC9623F08D6.jpeg

@KG I'm not sure anyone from manufacturing would help you out there as their "advice" could end them up in a whole lot of trouble if things went wrong, and let's face it, 'Muricans are renowned for the speed at which they reach for their lawyer and sue!

I'm sure someone with a GT430 may be able to help, the other thing would be to order a GT430 ducktail from Lotus and then sell on your current one to anyone with a S1 or 4xx Evora who wants a genuine carbon ducktail.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, KG said:

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy to take some close-up photos of the wing mounting points and provide measurements if you'd like. Great colour combo on your car BTW.

@blindside

I appreciate your offer and looking forward to the measurements, if possible take a picture as you measure 

the original CF Tail is around 5100 pounds from Deroure and I would also consider selling it and buy the OEM one with holes.

anyone wants to buy it let me know. 

Edited by KG

• Gold FFM

@KG

Kostas, I've PM'd you photos of the mounting bracket measurements. Give me a shout if you need any more pics. 

• Gold FFM

I’m glad that Lotus got back to you. It is very apparent that the wing has been engineered as an integral part of the duck tail and is built to withstand a fair amount of stress. (Not least from dropping it from a decent height to allow gravity to close it properly). The whole thing is quite heavy in part due to the base reinforcing of the wing struts. It’s definitely not a ‘rice rocket stick-on’ part!

Expensive undertaking this mod, but you will have saved yourself a pile of grief by getting the right spec parts to do the job properly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KG said:

TLF members,

Thank you for responding to my request for help. I have finally received more specific information from Lotus about the rear hatch and the wing. 

The GT 430 rear hatch is re enforced to sustain the downforce of the CF wing and is structurally different than other rear hatches. This means that you cannot boot on the wing to any other rear hatch safely.

The CF wing also requires additional modifications to aero parts of the car, mainly the front number and the rims and tires. I am waiting for additional data.

Thus, I will be ordering a GT 430 rear hatch with the holes for the CF wing and already have the CF front bumper. More on this later.

Appreciate all the help and will let you how I progress.

Out of curiosity can you please weigh the parts, including what you remove.

50 minutes ago, london_v said:

Hold item on scale and then deduct your weight ;)

or make yourself a steelyard, but out of timber.

Long pole with a known weight suspended  at one end. Suspended for overhead as a  pivot point, unknown weight suspended at other end.

Use high school physics/maths to move one weight away from the pivot point and calculate the unknown weight.

https://www.pennhenry.co.uk/steelyards.php

Wow! Stunning spec Kostas. It's only going to get even better looking from here!

Someone will buy that tailgate, completely transforms the car.

Thank you @The Pits

will get this car to GT 430 spec, work in flight, front bumper, new CF rear hatch and CF wing, GT 4 vents and CF GT4 air dam on roof, Ohlins just purchased thanks to @ken2020 ! Debating on jhooks and likely will wait till current ones require service and of course titanium exhaust! 

With parts already here and coming it’s going to be a 3 month upgrade project!

Will send pics at different stages!

GO LOTUS!

• Like 1

Wow, GT4 roof scoop too?! 

No half measures.

So it's going to look more like this when finished then!

1099296854.jpg

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

@KG Are you going all the way with a GT 430 engine map or similar from Komo-Tec, traction control & baffled sump?