Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 14 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

4exige

Thanks, An interesting perspective, all the other reviews I have read / watched were simply re-hashing what was obviously the Lotus press release, well done, hope Lotus have you back to review the 430 Evora.

14 minutes ago, NANO said:

Nice ... very nice ... I appreciated and read carefully how much you wrote ... the pictures are amazing ... TOP professionality ...

You were impressed by this new "monster" ...

The thing is, this car is no monster, it's actually quite easy to drive!

1 hour ago, Arun_D said:

Nice writeup, George. Slight detail correction though, the front spring rate is 550 lbs/inch.

Quite right, I've fixed it :)

• Like 1

Out of interest George, was the brief for the pics to use historical Norfolk buildings as a backdrop?

George has used 2 of Norwich's greatest buildings as a backdrop for his photographs. The last photo shows the Exige in profile with the City Hall behind. The City Hall is Art Deco and was completed in 1938, one of the best inter war municipal buildings, with a 280ft frontage including a huge 200ft balcony and famous clock tower. The 2 prior photo's of the Exige are in front of the west end of Norwich Anglican Cathedral which dates from 1096. The interior is hugely impressive, with the best proportions of any English Cathedral. Especially interesting to hear the views of a 460 Exige owner.

Good review George .  If Lotus were clever they would do everything possible to get you in one of these.  The photos you would take of your car over the year, the circle of Supercar owners you mix with , would make it a very worthwhile marketing investment for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Completely agree Dave. Hugely better use of their time and money than whatever they spent on Seb Delanney.

I only ask @GFWilliams because the historical Norfolk buildings backdrop has been their schtick for a while now. Lots of 'I told you so's' going on up there this week I imagine!

I was hoping for a shot of the rear of the car with tyre smoke pouring out of the wheel arch vents! I'm sure they are delighted with the shots so you can save that for next time!

:thumbup:

Although we did some sliding about, the Exige still has no LSD so isn’t great for it!  They also didn’t want to kill the tyres as there were people driving it the day after.

I personally think Seb was terrible for the brand. He cheapened it with his childish persona.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Although we did some sliding about, the Exige still has no LSD so isn’t great for it!  They also didn’t want to kill the tyres as there were people driving it the day after.

I personally think Seb was terrible for the brand. He cheapened it with his childish persona.

+1.

Well done on your work, top drawer.

57 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Absolutely agree ... glad he sold the car and is now going for a Ferrari ... 

The Cup 430 really makes me proud to own a Lotus ...

Surprised Lotus has not made you an offer @GFWilliams that you couldnt decline ...

Good review GFwilliams. Thanks for spending time writing it. Great pics as always.

What makes you say you couldn't create the car by adding parts? I completely understand that in terms of true provenance, that is impossible but would you not be able to add the relevant  seats, suspension etc to yours or are you saying that is not possible?

It seems a pretty futile exercise bothering to do that but surely it's eminently possible.

Excellent review and brilliant photos as always.:unworthy:

I got a quote for an Exige 430 with a xtrac gearbox installed by the dealer. But really too expensive for me specifically revision cost. I wait for an automatic version. I am quite sure that we will get more than 430hp during the next months, and I don't think that Lotus will keep with manual.