Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Looking for roadbook Hethel and surroundings - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Looking for roadbook Hethel and surroundings

Jan Blom

Hi all,

I'm organising the Jim Clark Memorial Tour 2018 for Dutch Lotus owners. We're going to make a tour from Amsterdam to Duns. After the memorial program in the weekend of April 7th we will go on to Hethel to do the factory tour and visit Classic Team Lotus. 

When we are in Norfolk we want to make a tour around Hethel - maybe something like 60-90 miles or so. Can anyone here provide me with a roadbook for a route with nice driving roads and scenery? And/or a file for navigationsystems? That would be great.

Cheers,

Jan 

Jan

Don't know where you will be staying or how many of you there will be but maybe we  could organise a meeting for some lunch with some of the guys from the Norfolk group. If you have the time? The pub very close to the factory is our meeting place.

Phil

• Thanks 1

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply. It would be lovely to meet you guys!

The dates for Hethel are not 100% sure  yet, but we will probably arrive on monday April 9th afternoon. Tuesday April 10th would be the day to visit the factory and CTL.  We will probably leave from Harwich back to Holland that evening.  So it looks like meeting would be possible on monday evening. 

It depends on what our group decides about the trip from Borders Region to Norfolk. It's about 850-900 km (we want to go via Nidderdale (Area of Outstanding National Beauty) en Peak District) and that may be a bit too much to do in 1 day. So if we take 2 days for this trip then we have a day less in Norfolk than I had in mind. Once we have made up our minds I will make hotel reservations.

This will get clear in the forthcoming weeks, once the plans are made I'll get back to you :-).

Jan

we normally meet in the pub by the factory every 3rd Monday of the month but with all this notice I'm sure the 2nd Monday of the month would be doable for most so It could be a nice evening welcoming you all from The Netherlands. Pub also has a very large car park. Peak District to Norfolk is a long way. Especially if you stop for lunch or to sight see. I agree probably too far for one day. In the week traffic in the uk can be very bad which has the potential to delay you a lot. 

April will also be a time when cars are coming back out after the winter so we could get a good line up. 

Let me know 

Phil 

Hello Phill,

That's very kind of you and we  - I'm sure the group agrees with me - would like to meet you all Monday April 9th in the evening in this pub. I'll put it in the program for the trip and inform the others. We'll stay in touch, I'll PM you when the date is getting closer.

Btw, the group is 13 people / 8 Lotus.

Thanks again, Jan 

Jan,

I'll be at the Bird in Hand tonight so I'll make a provisional booking for about 20 people (with maybe more from here) for 9th April.

Also, for a group of Elan M100 owners from Belgium, I provided a suggested route from the Dartford Crossing to Hethel that kept away from motorways and boring dual carriageways and went through some of the more interesting villages in East Anglia and included suggested refueling stops.  Do you want to use in the opposite direction ?

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 14:07, phil flash said:

Jan,

I'll be at the Bird in Hand tonight so I'll make a provisional booking for about 20 people (with maybe more from here) for 9th April.

Also, for a group of Elan M100 owners from Belgium, I provided a suggested route from the Dartford Crossing to Hethel that kept away from motorways and boring dual carriageways and went through some of the more interesting villages in East Anglia and included suggested refueling stops.  Do you want to use in the opposite direction ?

Hi Phil,

I wanted to let you guys and gals know that our group will stay for the night at the Bird in Hand on Monday 9th April. It will be a Dutchies place for 1 night - 7 out of 8 rooms are booked by us - so bring your wooden shoes for some dancing ;-).

We will have the factory tour and CTL tour that afternoon from 13.00 hrs onwards.

It would be great if the meeting is still on for that evening, we're looking forward to meeting you all!

• Like 2

Jan

For sure the meeting is still on.

All 

As I'm sure you will have read  previously our friends from The Netherlands will be visiting in April 2018.  The idea is to move the usual meeting on 3rd Monday to 2nd Monday of the month.  Up to now there have been no objections so I shall assume that is accepted.  Last month Phil (other Phil) booked 20 places for eating at BIH for 9th April.  To be fair to the pub I think we should try and give the pub an updated eating figure by end of February.  I therefore ask you all to put your name down for this event.  Please encourage anyone else  not normally in attendance to support this evening.  I'm sure it will be very good meeting Jan and friends and we could get a great line up of cars.

Thanks for your support.

1. PhilW

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Stuart Monument said:

I will probably pop along Phil. My birthday is on the 8th and my mum on the 9th so providing there are no family commitments then I will be there.

.. and mine is the 10th ! I'm starting a contract based in  Slough in January that will run through to September so I'll have to be a 'possible', rather than a 'probable,' so won't add myself to the list.

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

All 

As I'm sure you will have read  previously our friends from The Netherlands will be visiting in April 2018.  The idea is to move the usual meeting on 3rd Monday to 2nd Monday of the month.  Up to now there have been no objections so I shall assume that is accepted.  Last month Phil (other Phil) booked 20 places for eating at BIH for 9th April.  To be fair to the pub I think we should try and give the pub an updated eating figure by end of February.  I therefore ask you all to put your name down for this event.  Please encourage anyone else  not normally in attendance to support this evening.  I'm sure it will be very good meeting Jan and friends and we could get a great line up of cars.

Please add your name to the list below.  Thanks for your support.

1. PhilW

2. MJK - Likely

3. Stuart M - Probable

4. Phil Flash - Possible

All 

1. PhilW

2. MJK - Likely

3. Stuart M - Probable

4. Phil Flash - Possible

5 - Clive F

All 

1. PhilW

2. MJK - Likely

3. Stuart M - Probable

4. Phil Flash - Possible

5 - Clive F

6 - Ant K - very likely

7 - John Mountain

• Thanks 1

All 

1. PhilW

2. MJK - Likely

3. Stuart M - Probable

4. Phil Flash - Possible

5 - Clive F

6 - Ant K - very likely

7 - John Mountain

8 - JayEmm - Likely

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:52, PhilW said:

1. PhilW

2. MJK - Likely

3. Stuart M - Probable

4. Phil Flash - Possible

5 - Clive F

6 - Ant K - very likely

7 - John Mountain

8 - JayEmm - Likely

9- Chipp

On 13/01/2018 at 15:08, chipp said:

1. PhilW

2. MJK - Likely

3. Stuart M - Probable

4. Phil Flash - Possible

5 - Clive F

6 - Ant K - very likely

7 - John Mountain

8 - JayEmm - Likely

9- Chipp

10 -  Kevin H -  Likely

On 13/01/2018 at 15:08, chipp said:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I have responded to a request from Jan Blom (Netherlands group) about meeting/eating times.  I called the BIH over the weekend and spoke to them re eating times etc.  Phil Flash very kindly made a provisional booking sometime ago when he was at the pub.  We have confirmed the eating time to be 7:45PM.  This gives maybe a little longer in the carpark to see what should be a good line up but also to allow people a little longer to get home from work, do what needs to be done and get to the pub!

They have requested that the meal order is given to them 1 week in advance  as it is likely there will be around 20 eaters hopefully, so by 2nd.  12 from The Netherlands.  I am happy to do this so will find a simple way for everyone to let me know what they want.  Plenty of time yet.  

Please make sure this is in your diary and note it is the 2nd Monday of April and not 3rd as usual.  This is a one off.

1. PhilW

2. MJK - Likely

3. Stuart M - Probable

4. Phil Flash - Possible

5 - Clive F

6 - Ant K - very likely

7 - John Mountain

8 - JayEmm - Likely

9 - Chipp

10 -  Kevin H -  Likely

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

An enjoyable evening last night at The BIH. 7 attendees. Unfortunately with winter repairs underway and rubbish weather no Lotus cars on display. Just a reminder though Aprils meeting is the 9th as the group from The Netherlands will be joining us. This is the second Monday of the month and not the third. Hope to see as many as possible there. Check pervious posts re eating that night. Put it in your diaries!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1