Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Recommendations for treating leather - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Recommendations for treating leather

Hi,

It is winter season and a tough one here. So, it is the perfect time to spend some time inside the car. Doing something different. :-)

I would appreciate some basic advise on products and "techniques" to treat/protect the leather of my Evora S. 

I assume it is not rocket science, but this being my first car with leather (yes, really) and having significant amounts of it, I would be really grateful for any tips and recommendations of products.

I have also now excluded swissvax from the list. I ordered some of their products in October, chased them for two months (through e-mail and over the phone) and they will not even tell me why my order is not honored...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I used it on my Esprit, it's excellent. If you'd like to have it shipped to me, I'm happy to send on if it helps :)

You can only clean the leather, conditioner is a waste of time on all cars since the late 80's as legislation dictated that leather in cars but be sealed so you treatment won't soak in, it'll just dry out. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I've used Leatherique which I believe is available from Denmark. A lot of people swear by it. 

Also McGuiars leather cleaner and conditioner worked some serious magic on my SE and old XKR. Took the dirt right out of the pores of the beige leather. 

• Thanks 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM
On 17/12/2017 at 19:41, Bravo73 said:

Look no further than Gliptone’s Liquid Leather cleaner and conditioner:

https://www.liquidleather.com/leather-care-c57/accessories-c59/repair-products-c71/gift-kit-p239

Next! ;)

works very well but am i the only one that thinks it smells like TCP disinfectant for the first few days?  have a brand new used only once kit in the garage.... for that very reason..

What about old school Connoly hide food for older cars?   I no longer have a leather vehicle and the stuff I had lying around for years separated in the jar over time, but seemed great at the time.

Edited by comem47

Keep calm, gents. I shall provide an independent appraisal in no time. :lol:

3 hours ago, andyj007 said:

works very well but am i the only one that thinks it smells like TCP disinfectant for the first few days?  have a brand new used only once kit in the garage.... for that very reason..

18 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

You’re the only one. ;)

• Gold FFM
Just now, Arregueti said:

Keep calm, gents. I shall provide an independent appraisal in no time. :lol:

ha ha, now ive sowed the seed all your going to think about is 

TCPV166854357.jpg

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

You’re the only one. ;)

Agreed. It smells exactly nothing like TCP to my (admittedly old and pretty knackered) nose.

• Gold FFM

tbh i got it about two years back based on all the great reviews. so couldnt quite  believe it myself.

i then went and got some autoglim which smells brilliant..

so either i got  duff bottle,, , or im smell blind (like colour blind) ... i suppose this is a possibility, as i think my own flatulence doesnt smell bad at all  whilst everyone else is running for fresh air :lol:

Edited by andyj007
  • Haha 1

On 17/12/2017 at 20:13, Bibs said:

I used it on my Esprit, it's excellent. If you'd like to have it shipped to me, I'm happy to send on if it helps :)

You can only clean the leather, conditioner is a waste of time on all cars since the late 80's as legislation dictated that leather in cars but be sealed so you treatment won't soak in, it'll just dry out. 

random acts of kindness... flipping awesome Bibs?? 

as a solution to this sealant issue, I'd recommend calling and having a chat with Paul. 

he's done a few of my cars over the years, amazing results! It's like artwork... he also does boat and aircraft! ?

http://www.leatherrevive.co.uk/

IMG_3952.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@Arregueti very happy with the swissvax products (used on the Evora by the Lotus Service point, by myself on other cars since 18 Years)

Thank you, @Snoopy1969 the issue with Swissvax is that there was no way of processing the order... I gave up after three or four attempts asking them to receive payment instructions... they were not too interested in selling me their products. :angry:

@auRouge wow! That is quite some attention to detail.

• Like 1