Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Series/Boxset Topic - Page 3 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Series/Boxset Topic

Kimbers

Babylon Berlin on HBO. Impressed by the scenery. Well made, both crime series as well as a portrait of the Weimar era between 1st and 2nd WW. Eagerly awaiting a third season now.

Holy Fuck! Binged watch all 8 episodes in 2 nights. Now desperate for series 2!! 

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Enjoyed that too but took me 3 nights. I'm not hard core like you @Kimbers

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I had a lot of Alcohol to dispose of before stopping drinking for January

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

1 minute ago, Kimbers said:

I had a lot of Alcohol to dispose of before stopping drinking for January

Like last year, I've stopped drinking alcohol for January too.

Like last year, I have made it to the first Friday night of the new year without a drop of alcohol.

Like last year, I will likely be pissed on the first Friday night of the new year as I'm off for dinner with my game keeper mate and at this time of the year all of his French millionaire clients have left him with a glut of wonderful, expensive, french wine that he cannot drink on his own!

Flooking tough life but hell, you only get to live it once which is my new attitude for 2020 so watch this space for a new car too this year! Might even px the wife in...... :popo:

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Just watched 'Unbelievable' on Netflix, was a good series :thumbup:

Preposterous!

• Haha 1

The small print.

• 3 months later...

I did it. Bought Disney + and tonight I shall be feasting on Mandelorian! Can't wait.

• 4 weeks later...

So, about 7 years ago, before Netflix etc really got going I used to buy "box sets" from Google play. Basically they stay linked to your google account for ever.  One I watched back then was Person of Interest.  I've just logged on to my Google Play account at the weekend and saw it was still there. It had been a while (well, er, 7 years) so I have started to watch all 6 or 7 seasons again. No idea if it is on Sky, Netflix, Prime, HBO, Discovery whatever, but is you want to watch a well made, thriller type of series (think a toned down Jason Bourne meets superhero does good modern A Team thingy) then I really can recommend it. Typical US show - find a format and cycle through but actually the series gets darker, twists and turns and really does get better and better to a climax that is actually, bloody good!

Anyway enjoy your lockdown activities. I'm just back on S1 episode 9 and at the same time running an experiment to see if alternating between white and red wine (of course, a bottle at a time) in the same session gives a worse or not hangover than sticking to multiples of either red or white wine in one session...  Wish me luck.

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

If you got a hour and half spare, Netflix Apex: The Story of The Hypercar is worth a watch, I only got half way through and it does have Chris Harris in it which will put some off. I am so far really impressed with Christian Koenigsegg very clever self taught engineer. 

• 3 months later...

Just finished Cobra Kai season 1, true bit of 80’s nostalgia albeit a little predictable, mind kept me watching they whole thing last night back to back following minor hospital operation so not allowed in garage to play 🙄😁

Easy watching and only around 30 minute episodes, Season 2 today 😉

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 2 months later...

Netflix has every Star Trek Next Generation! I was up till 3am this morning getting re-addicted and falling in love with Marina Sirtis all over again!

Marina Sirtis

• 2 weeks later...

No way can I compete with above. Please supply season, episode and timestamp for further research.

Anyway  two items I have been enjoying on Amazon Prime Video:

Hell on Wheels - USA post civil war a former southern sodier searches for the yankies that murdered his wife and son set among the construction of the first trans US railroads.

Hell on Wheels

The other one is Comrade Detective A parody of an 80's Romanian detective series. Worth a viewing.

Comrade Detective

@100th_Idiot - hell on wheels. Bloody brilliant. Watched it first time round when it was on Channel 4 (I think it was 4).  Absolutely loved it, a cracking series and the "Dutch", what a character he was...

I might have to go back and watch it again now that you have brought it up...

The other series I absolutely loved was "Person of Interest". A wee bit dated now, but great watching.

Final "old series" I would love to see again, but not sure it is showing anywhere is "Space: Above and Beyond".

The small print.

21 hours ago, C8RKH said:

@100th_Idiot - hell on wheels. Bloody brilliant. Watched it first time round when it was on Channel 4 (I think it was 4).  Absolutely loved it, a cracking series and the "Dutch", what a character he was...

I might have to go back and watch it again now that you have brought it up...

The other series I absolutely loved was "Person of Interest". A wee bit dated now, but great watching.

Final "old series" I would love to see again, but not sure it is showing anywhere is "Space: Above and Beyond".

Never got into Person of Interest. Watched a few episodes but it just didn't grab me. I'll have a look for Space: Above and Beyond