Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Buckmore Park, Kent - 1200m Go Kart Circuit, 390cc Thundercarts - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Buckmore Park, Kent - 1200m Go Kart Circuit, 390cc Thundercarts

Bibs

Go Karting - Buckmore Park  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Buckmore Park

Buckmore Park is a 1200m go karting circuit in Kent with 390cc 4 stroke Thunderkarts. Not slow, the record lap is sub 40 seconds which is an average speed of nearly 70mph, not bad going!

pic_1200_circuit.gif

I'd like to arrange for LEF members to have a day out here perhaps in June/July/August and the options are dependant on numbers.

If we have 16-30 people, they have a 2 hour Mini Grand Prix. Qualifying, then heats, then finals. The cost is

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaps

Be aware that a guy died last year at this track in one of these karts, ok it was in practice for a race meeting but there are a couple of points on this track that are quite dangerous.

One of my work colleagues was racing that day and saw it all unfortunately.

Regards

Fred

That's sad but people die crossing the roads, doesn't mean we don't do it. I don't mean to be flippant or disrespectful but I certainly wouldn't let that stop me from wanting to enjoy myself in a safe and controlled environment.

I'm sure everyone will be as responsible and as safe as possible. I'll not throw the idea away due to an accident in the past. Buckmore Park is still open and running so I would think that they were shown to be non-negligent in the incident so I'm happy to proceed as long as everyone understands these things are undertaken at their own risk.

That's sad but people die crossing the roads, doesn't mean we don't do it. I don't mean to be flippant or disrespectful but I certainly wouldn't let that stop me from wanting to enjoy myself in a safe and controlled environment.

I'm sure everyone will be as responsible and as safe as possible. I'll not throw the idea away due to an accident in the past. Buckmore Park is still open and running so I would think that they were shown to be non-negligent in the incident so I'm happy to proceed as long as everyone understands these things are undertaken at their own risk.

Bibs, I'm not saying you should and I'm not trying to be a killjoy either, just pointing out the particular danger of this circuit. I like karting very much, but as much as I do I have a wife and daughter to support and they come first in situations like this.

Regards

Fred

Fair play Fred, I knew that's what you meant.

If the majority feel that this circuit is too dangerous, we can always go elsewhere. So long as it's fun, fast and erm, funky, I'm up for it :thumbup:

Just as a quick amendment, the chap who was sadly killed was in his own kart on the track and as stated, was taking part in a race series, for which he was warming up.

http://www.rossfretten.com/adam-goatley.php

The karts available to the public are no were near as powerful as the competition karts and have many more safety features built in.

Sounds like a good excuse for me to head down south in the Esprit again. I have never been karting (unless you count those at blackpool pleasure beach when I was about 11)

I would be up for this, will we handicap the race for those with the more aerodynamic figure like mine? (it has to be as I seem to cause greater down force, any newtonian explantion???) Like they do in Touring Cars.

Alex

Lets face it guys, most sports are dangerous (the most fatal sports are Angling and Golf believe it or not! and thats official!) But thats what the buzz is! As I rode a demo model of my new motorbike today I was cranking it over on a roundabout whilst accelerating out of it the rear end stepped out into a slight slide. Dangerous but I had a huge grin on my face afterwards! It's what we thrive on and I look forward to racing you all.......TO THE DEATH BWAHAHAHAHA........ok, just joking on that bit! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'll go along but tbh those 70mph karts scare the crap out of me !

It's only 4 miles from me house as well so I haven't got much of an excuse.

Think i'm into this too, looks like a good course :)

I do fear the speeds too though. Have been carting several times and am ALMOST WITHOUT

ANY NATURAL TALENT!!!. I come close to last and spend a lot of time driving into the tyre walls

and other people.

Knowing the intense pain on the sides of my ribcage the day after spending an afternoon drifting

sideways into the barriers while driving much, much slower carts. How painful/dramatic is putting

one of these things into the tyres several times, and do they chuck you out if you show no talent

other than destruction???

:)

• 3 weeks later...

plus me :thumbsup:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...
How painful/dramatic is putting one of these things into the tyres several times,

and do they chuck you out if you show no talent other than destruction???

:unsure:

That was a serious question BTW :lol:

Wanna be sure i'm not going to be watching from the trackside because they

have a problem with me clouting their cars into things. The smaller tracks don't

mind as the carts are well fendered, is it the same here?

I'm up for it on fun value alone and am unconcerned with my track position,

as long as amatuer/generally poor driving does not lead to me being told to

get out the car and watch, i'm in, as i like it.

;)

If this gets off the deck gimme a shout - my old man knows someone who organises corperate events there as they use the hotel he works at a sort of staging post - I would have thought an additional discount would be on the cards.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Paul,

Those things really shift and outdoor racing is totally different to indoor racing. There's no skidding and the speed you can take corners is awesome. G force etc is very cool. So believe me you don't want to be throwing it into a tyre wall at 50 mph. It might hurt a little!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer