Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus in the Peak 2018 - UK - Midlands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus in the Peak 2018

deanb

Lotus in the Peak will take place on Sunday 15th July 2018.

Save the date!

More details to follow - keep an eye out here, at midlandslotus.co.uk or on the Lotus in the Peak facebook page

Dean B

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

2 weeks after the 15th running of the Serpentine Run......a charity run through the Peak District.....for all Classics as ell as any Lotus........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

16 hours ago, scotty435 said:

One of the biggest and best events of the year.

That's very nice of you to say Scotty, thank you.  We have a very large team of volunteers now to put the event on and they are a great bunch.

• Like 1

Great to hear Dean, would be more than happy to help in what ever way I can, looking forward to one of the biggest lotus days of the year and it's Lotus 70th Anniversary this year, would be great if we could get them to show up with something special.

Let's not forget some of the best driving roads in the country and the organised runs are something that you will never forget and cater for everyone's  needs, from dare I say Sunday drivers lol to the more spirited drivers. Great weekend and newcomers are made more than welcome, please put this one on your calendar. Great Venue in stunning grounds, great driving roads, great cars and great fellow enthusiasts, what more do you want.

So more news ....

LitP 2018 will include a Friday (13th July) night pub meet at the Charles Cotton hotel, Hartington, nr Buxton.

For those that have never visited Hartington is a picture perfect Peak District village and the Charles Cotton is a beautiful old stone inn situated right in the centre of the village.  Room rates are very reasonable and if you tell them you are with LitP (ask for Joanne) and you will get a further discount.

A weekend away in a nice hotel in the Peak District?  Maybe some quality time with your better half? All day Saturday to do as you please before lots of Lotus fun on Sunday?  What's not to like? 😁😁

• Like 1

On 16.3.2018 at 00:57, deanb said:

Lotus in the Peak will take place on Sunday 15th July 2018.

Save the date!

More details to follow - keep an eye out here, at midlandslotus.co.uk or on the Lotus in the Peak facebook page

Dean B

Sorry folks, my Lotus in the peak day was June 15, 2017, when my 3-Eleven lifted me to Cime de la Bonette (2,802 m). This year, Dolomites are on schedule. will keep you posted ...:ph34r:

Peter

IMG_6860.JPG

• Like 2

Would be a thrill to be the only 3-11 at LitP, traveling from Germany. But July is already packed with family stuff. Cant't believe that British 3-11's wouldn't find the way, too.

Dolomites is scheduled for 5 days starting from June 18th. Would be nice to meet some Lotus people there.

Peter

Sounds great. Very little else seems to be going on to celebrate the 70th tragically so I hope you get an extra good turn out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We, that is the LitP team, have been working hard devising some new run routes for this year's event. We reckon they will be our best ever 😊

There will be a choice of start points - Ashbourne for the most challenging and technical run, Matlock Bath for a slightly easier run and Baslow for the new-for-2018 'Classic' run which we hope will appeal more to owners of older Lotus models who might prefer something a little shorter, a little more leisurely and that doesn't start quite so early in the morning.

As usual all runs will converge on Hassop Station Cafe for breakfast before heading on to Peak Rail Rowsley Station for the rest of the day.

The event will be available to book in the mloc online shop this week.  I will let you know when.

Thanks for looking

Dean (on behalf of the LitP team)

• Like 1

As promised LitP is now available to purchase in the mloc online store - please visit midlandslotus.co.uk

You must be an mloc member to buy but it's free to register on the forum and only takes a minute or two.

Don't forget the best way to enjoy LitP is to make it part of a long weekend break in the Peak District, not least so you can join in the fun at the LitP Friday night pub meet. Discount rooms are available at the Charles Cotton Hotel, Hartington (LitP HQ) and there are plenty of other hotels, inns, B&Bs and campsites in and around Hartington and the wider Peak District.

We look forward to seeing you there. 

Thanks

Dean (on behalf of the LitP team)

• Like 1

So in the first three days of this event being able to buy in the mloc store 25 people have purchased it, with all but one taking part in the early morning runs 😊

It's early days yet but it looks like it could be a bumper year!

I've attended this event for the last 4 years, and for me it has firmly established itself as one of the highlights of the Lotus calendar every year.  

It starts with a great (optional) early morning run in the Peak District (which sports some of the best driving roads in the land) followed by breakfast parked amongst about 150 other Lotuses, then moving on in convoy to the main venue itself.

This is one not to be missed - tickets are selling fast!

Over 40 booked on now  😊

We're quite pleased with that for the first week. Almost all have chosen to take part in the runs too  😊😊

• Like 1

Well we are reciving a steady number of bookings for this event through the mloc online store. I think we are up to 46 cars now, and 43 of those are all booked to take part in the runs and the procession after breakfast. This is up a little on previous years at this early stage so we are hopeful of having comfortably over 100 Lotus cars in the procession and over 150 at Peak Rail Rowsley.

We are particularly pleased to see a strong early take up of the new 'Classic Run' for older cars - we have a mint elan sprint (a very well known car in Club Lotus circles) and a nice s1 esprit booked on already;  we think the Baslow classic run really is going to be great 😊

See you there folks!

Dean

• Like 1

On 20/04/2018 at 18:26, soldave said:

I need to get myself booked in, but will be going with the Eclat on the Classic run. FIrst time attendee but have heard good things :)

Great stuff!

Classic Run will be perfect.  We have one Eclat booked on already I think.  Love the wedges - I don't think we have ever had an Elite 501 though, which is a shame as I have a real soft spot for them because my mate's dad had one (well two actually as the first one set itself on fire!) brand new when i was about 8 and already mad on cars.

Anyone on here got an Elite they might be persuaded to bring along?  😊😊😊

Once again we will be holding our raffle of Lotus-themed prizes, thanks once more to the continued generosity of our many supporters.

Here's the list as it currently stands:-

2018 Raffle Prize List

• A day for two people with the National Motorsport Academy Race Team from Central Lotus
  • ‘A’ Service or equivalent from Allon White Sports Cars
  • ‘A’ Service or equivalent from Unit 4 Vehicle Services
  • ‘A’ Service or equivalent from Jon Seal Sportscars (Inc. Lotus Hard Tops)
  • ‘A’ Service or equivalent from Jon Seal Sportscars (Inc. Lotus Hard Tops)
  • ‘A’ Service or equivalent from HPE Automotive
  • ‘A’ Service or equivalent from Foulds Motors
  • £100 Voucher from 2Bular Exhaust Systems
  • Omex shift light from Hangar 111
  • Accumate battery conditioner from Hangar 111
  • Classic Team Lotus Race Shirt – size XXL from Classic Team Lotus
  • Classic Team Lotus Race Shirt – size S from Classic Team Lotus
  • £50 Voucher towards any repair or servicing work from PJS Sports Cars
  • £50 Voucher towards any repair or servicing work from PJS Sports Cars
  • £50 Voucher from Monster Motorsport

More prizes still to come!

Tickets are on sale now in the MLOC store and will also be available to purchase on the day.

A massive thank you to all the above companies for their extremely generous support of MLOC and Lotus in the Peak

56 cars now booked and paid!  A pretty good first three weeks  😊

If you fancy it pop over to midlandslotus.co.uk and navigate your way to the online store.  You will need to be an mloc forum member to purchase the event but it's free to join and only takes a minute or two. It costs £10 or £9 for fully paid up members and we will be making a charitable donation again this year once costs are covered.

Thanks!

Dean & the LitP Team

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks.  We now have over 60 cars booked on to the event, and a nice mix of old and new.  If you fancy joining in the fun why not book your tickets early by heading over to midlandslotus.co.uk today?

Early bookings make it much easier for our team of volunteers to organise the event  😊

Thank you!

Dean

A bit more LitP news - Oakmere Lotus will be attending with at least one car and some merch. It's good to welcome them back, they were regulars in previous years and I remember well their black and gold Evora GTE  😊

Also, we have a good number of Esprits booked on already (including two v8s and an s1) which is great news!