Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Manual Evoras are good in the snow.......... - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Manual Evoras are good in the snow..........

Colin P

Autos are less so.........

Trying to get out of Hereford this morning was fun. Ended up on the M5 rather than the originally planned drive up to Chester via Snowdonia.

3772DFE2-5AD3-431B-990F-4CA120341F66.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can also vouch that Cup 2 tyres are not very good in the snow after being caught out in a snow shower after picking the 410 up from a service.  Crabbing along at 20 to 30 mph was a bit too 'interesting' for my liking!

Thanks @Bibs.  This forum has been a font of knowledge for me on my Evora journey so far.

On a related (ish) snow note - has anyone tried fitting skis in an Evora?  I've seen the suction roof racks from the US, but I wondered if getting them inside is possible.  

I've not bought them yet - or I would just try it for myself! - but the total bag will be about 1.8m.

I can confirm that you can fit a Japanese Akita in the back seats of a 2+2 Evora!  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Good effort @Ellievora and welcome :D

Evora_IPS-1-6.jpg

I wish I could do that............but the cars buried upto its middle in the stuff..........lol

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I’ve had a set of barge boards in easily enough. Without passengers I suspect a set would be fine, unless they come from the 70s. 

Fold forward drivers seat, push passenger seat all way forward then lay the back of the seat down, pass long items in through passenger door to far rear corner of cabin then swing bottom in to passenger footwell swing top end back into passenger side.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I'm sure it's possible to get skis in, I've had lengths of timber and a road bike in the back of my Evora (not at the same time!).

IMG_7088.thumb.JPG.21c656e09aacbb5b66ba807e215d442b.JPG

I can also vouch for using suction cups on the roof at motorway speeds :) 

59c2546273f3b_Lotus110_1920x1080(1).thumb.jpg.992db83d85fed7c7db34b9225d49024e.jpg