Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
April Evening Meet - Thu 12 - UK - Bucks/Essex/Herts/Cambs Group - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

April Evening Meet - Thu 12

Now that summer time is back upon us, we are switching back to 2nd Thursday evening meets.

We will start the season with a visit to Cambridgeshire, so hope to see everyone based in the more northerly area of our region.

The Five Miles From Anywhere, No Hurry Inn
Old School Lane
Upware
Ely
Cambridgeshire

https://www.fivemilesinn.com/

7:30pm for 8pm

Hope to see you there.

Interesting location...   I'm working on a contract in Slough Monday to Thursday so heading back towards Ipswich Thursday evenings anyway.  Thought it might be a minor detour but looks like this is a bit 'off-route' but look forward to seeing you there.

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Hibernation !  I'm still running on snowtyres ffs. Just I don't eat breakfast.

20180301_160835.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about this one chaps. Depends on the traffic at the Dartford crossing coming home from work. See how it works out. 

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Nice to meet our American friends in their excel and then had a tour of Cambridge thanks to Mr Ed's

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Cambridge at night ... lovely. I did wonder about the short cut.

Nice to meet another Excel owner, hope to see you at future meets.

We were talking about boot space in the Excel: Here's what we got in with room to spare:

y4mkBtmGU6CFMEA6rfrDtyXIyf3jEQRaHOo8DHK-

y4mwaM1sXEzcElqsasyf6V5JlKrayh5ZGMTeRUj0

• Like 1

Not full either. Room on either side for a couple more squashy bags. Must admit I was a bit surprised 

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey, next meeting is next week, and we haven't sorted anywhere out.

Any suggestions?

@phil flash ??

This May Day on the 7th is getting to be a nuisance !  I'm working in Slough doing 40 hrs a week over 4 days so usually homeward bound Thursday evening so Upware was a bit of a diversion, Finchingfield would be almost on route ...  but next week I'll be working Tuesday to Friday.

Coming from and returning to Slough anything in south west Hertfordshire not far from the M25 is doable... Crooked Chimney near Lemsford wouldn't be too challenging.

Finchingfield was mentioned, but I didn't think anything decided.

Any other suggestions? If not, I'll send out the notification this evening

we went to crooked chimney before, thought that was ok

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Thought we were trying to be a bit further north again.

There's a couple more near me that I've had my eye on - not been to either to these to try them yet though!

Plus

Going to give the Esprit a shakedown run to Duxford to make sure all is well. If so I will make the Thursday meet also. 

Do we have a definitive venue? 

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.