Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Marques - Monaco - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Marques - Monaco

Had a good time last Friday at the Top Marques event in Monaco. Completely mis-billed as "the only LIVE supercar show". In fact its very like the MPH show hall. About the same size and the same number of awesome cars. One difference is that while some cars were in action on stage at MPH, if you can convice anyone at Top Marques that you are a serious punter, you get to passenger in a test drive around Monaco in your selected model. Sadly I didn't have quite enough front, but got pretty close for the comparatively downmarket Atom and Carver. That said it was a real mecca for petrolheads.

Gembella did a "middle east" take on a Porsche Carrera GT with gold carbon fibre against black metalflake

138fs426614_th.jpg

Then there was straighforward but mouthwatering diplays of the SSC

138fs426776_th.jpg

a beautiful orange Koenigsegg

138fs426833_th.jpg 138fs426912_th.jpg

An Antas - evocative of elegant Bugattis

138fs434770_th.jpg138fs427063_th.jpg

The Weismann looked like a BMW Mpowered modern cross of the early XK Jags and big Healeys.

138fs437881_th.jpg138fs437918_th.jpg

If you can afford a Lambo....dont get a sky blue Gaillardo

138fs436960_th.jpg138fs437013_th.jpg

When a Pearl white and Orange Mercialargo looks so much more like it

138fs437163_th.jpg138fs437767_th.jpg

...more to follow...

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and the next bit...

[ahhh - tried to add a few more pics and it wont let me, says my combined posts have too many images. Anything I can do about that???]

Meanwhile....Two things stay in my mind.

1. I consider myself a bit of a petrolhead but I hadn't even heard of most of the Exotica on display. (Some were really impressive Gumpert, Moesler, Beck Engineering, etc)

2. For those considering interiors - "quilting" appears the only way to go.

Not worth going unless you're in the area anyway....but a great half day out if you are.

Cheers Mike

Many thanks Bibs......

Then there were two Zondas stealing the show

138fs434855_th.jpg138fs435057_th.jpg

I preferred the carbon fibre roadster

138fs435113_th.jpg 138fs436734_th.jpg 138fs436825_th.jpg

...and inevitably the complete pup. Couldn't see any merit in any aspect of the Weber

138fs438036_th.jpg 138fs438299_th.jpg

Moment of the show for me was listening to the Mosler (650BHP GM V8) giving it some in the beachside "pits". Wish I could have recorded it! :unworthy:

Mike

Edited by MPx

Nice pics Mike :unworthy:

Very short notice I know - and don't even know if there are spaces left - but the East Anglian PistonHeads crew are visiting the Mosler factory (East Dereham, Norfolk) on Sunday 29th April. More info here

James

Would love to go and listen when they fire it up....but I'm off in the opposite direction this w/e - Tiverton! Maybe we could get a LEF run out there sometime?

Mike

• Gold FFM
Would love to go and listen when they fire it up....but I'm off in the opposite direction this w/e - Tiverton! Maybe we could get a LEF run out there sometime?

Mike

Tiverton!!! Welcome to the County! Are you bring the Esprit Mike?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Tiverton!!! Welcome to the County! Are you bring the Esprit Mike?

Sorry Ian..will need extra seats while I'm there so I'll be in the Carlton. But part of Sun/Mon is driving round looking for a good location to live cos we're thinking of emigrating to the west country - so you may well see us out and about.

Cheers...