Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Artie's Esprit Project Pics - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Artie's Esprit Project Pics

Okay, well I promised some outside pictures now that the car is done being painted! Just a couple I snapped today whilst out driving around. Don't worry I'm not done with the project much more to come.

Artie

lotus407004vv1.jpg

lotus407001gr0.jpg

lotus407003ai0.jpg

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Artie,

Cheers for the pics they look stunning and show every bit all your hard

work and planning the cars upgrades, one thing you need to do to finish

off a this fantastic job is...get on the open road with her and enjoy

the fruits of your hard work :X

Smashing looking car,well done regards danny :yes

A

Great job Artie,

Cheers for the pics they look stunning and show every bit all your hard

work and planning the cars upgrades, one thing you need to do to finish

off a this fantastic job is...get on the open road with her and enjoy

the fruits of your hard work :X

Smashing looking car,well done regards danny :yes

;) Thanks Danny! I got to enjoy er some last evening, wish I could drive her all the time! I can't wait to see your project completed! I'm following along at home!!!!! Are you going to upgrade your front brakes after you finish your engine/trans install/conversion!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Nice Job Art! And beautifully photographed. You've really put a lot of work into your car.

Love the fresh paint and those wheels really set it off.

Good timing as we head into the summer months. I took mine out for a nice sprint yesterday.

I'm still smiling :X

Enjoy!

Ed

Nice Job Art! And beautifully photographed. You've really put a lot of work into your car.

Love the fresh paint and those wheels really set it off.

Good timing as we head into the summer months. I took mine out for a nice sprint yesterday.

I'm still smiling :X

Enjoy!

Ed

Ed,

Many thanks! I considered a full respray in Black much like yours! I put on my wheel spacers today and recharged the A/C, got a small leak so I need a fill every so often. I think I may paint the wheel centers white to match the rest of the car. Every time I drive I find myself wanting to keep going!

Artie

lotus407006yo1.jpg

lotus407007nk1.jpg

whiteworkwheelsdg9.jpg

lotus407008hp4.jpg

lotus407010vw2.jpg

lotus407011dq8.jpg

Edited by Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

WOW what a car !

Looks $1 million, Fantastic job !

Do you run with a front plate there ? Might it be worth sculpting that front bumper over - you can always sticky a plate back onto it.

Def next years calendar material.

:X

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Artie

Yeesh!!!, that is looking good, never really like cars in white (S1 the exception of course), but yours looks wonderful.

You should be very proud of what you have done there, well done.

Seeing yours basking in the sun really makes me want to get my finger out and finish mine.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Artie

Yeesh!!!, that is looking good, never really like cars in white (S1 the exception of course), but yours looks wonderful.

You should be very proud of what you have done there, well done.

Seeing yours basking in the sun really makes me want to get my finger out and finish mine.

Hilly

Thanks guys! I need one more thing to finish the job and that's the SE sills. I just wish I could find a set for a reasonable price! We are supposed to use a front plate but I don't put them on my Esprit or the RX7, I've gotten cited by the police a couple of times but it's a "fix it" ticket so I just go to the courthouse with the plate and a bracket and tell them I am "fixing it" and that's that. NOt a big deal. I don't want to mess up the car with a lame ass plate in front!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

congrats man... beautiful!!!!!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

:X Now I need my SE sills, oh and to put the sport 300 fuel pump in!

Thanks!

congrats man... beautiful!!!!!

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Art, the car looks absolutely fantastic! It REALLY makes me want to finish up mine!!!! I spend at least 2-3 hours per day and 8-9 on weekends working on her in an attempt to get her on the road by the end of next month :X I have been taking pics of mine, but with all of my time spent working on the car I haven't posted any. You have inspired me to start a posting up in here soon with TONS of pics to show the progress from start to "almost" finished.

As for the SE sills your welcome to mine. As soon as the car gets inspected for the road (trying SO hard to get it done before the end of May) I am going to remove the SE sills and install the V8 ones. ;)

Cheers,

Graham

Edited by Drfatz

Art, the car looks absolutely fantastic! It REALLY makes me want to finish up mine!!!! I spend at least 2-3 hours per day and 8-9 on weekends working on her in an attempt to get her on the road by the end of next month :X I have been taking pics of mine, but with all of my time spent working on the car I haven't posted any. You have inspired me to start a posting up in here soon with TONS of pics to show the progress from start to "almost" finished.

As for the SE sills your welcome to mine. As soon as the car gets inspected for the road (trying SO hard to get it done before the end of May) I am going to remove the SE sills and install the V8 ones. ;)

Cheers,

Graham

Graham, I'm glad I've inspired someone other than myself! Your project makes my buildup look like lincoln logs! I'm just getting the car in better working condition, not bringing her back from the dead! Thanks for the compliments. I wish I could spend that much time on my car.... Wife and 2 kids plus getting the RX7 ready for track season....I would love the sills, let me know, I'm not in any huge hurry. I hope the body shop can get them off your car without cutting up too much!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Careful Artie. Bibs has a thing about SE spoilers. Give him 1/2 a chance and he'll nick it!

The car does look gorgeous, inside & out. Find a nice scenic backdrop and it's a cert for the calendar.

More speed, less haste

Artie, would it be wrong to say that your car is arousing? It's amazing mate, looks very very nice :D

Thanks! No it wouldn't be wrong to say that! But I don't think it's just my car that does that, it's the Esprit in general!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

absolutely gorgeous!

cant wait to see it with the sills!!!

shade

Thanks Shade! Are you going to LOG? I need to reserve my room!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

lotus407008hp4.jpg

i love the quilted stitching in that interior and on the seats!!! will get that in mine one day when i get round to it, but make the quit stiches smaller so the square sections are smaller.

but, oh yes i love that!!

lotus407008hp4.jpg

i love the quilted stitching in that interior and on the seats!!! will get that in mine one day when i get round to it, but make the quit stiches smaller so the square sections are smaller.

but, oh yes i love that!!

Cheers Simon, you will get it done!

Ah yes, I wanted something a little more than "standard" on my Esprit! It didn't cost me any more to have the shop stitch the leather quilting! It looks a treat to me!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Superb!!!!Leaves me speechless.... :thumbsup:

Thanks Bernie! I need to get some good pictures up. And to think when I bought the car a year ago I was just going to "put some bigger wheels on it and dye the interior"!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Looks great. Did you also change the headrest from the fold over style too?

Dan,

Yes, I had the shop cut the steel down 2 inches and re-pad the head rest and make it solid padding with a solid cover. Wished I left the height alone as the head rest is about 1 inch too short. My head will hit the window behind me if I slam my head against the seat! Looks better though! IMHO!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm