Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
dashboard light bulbs - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

dashboard light bulbs

Giniw

Hi Everyone,

Is it normal the dashboard lights (especially the indicators and main beam tell tale) are very, very bright? The main beam one is so bright it almost blinds me — OK blinding is too strong a word but still, it's very bright (the gauges are nowhere near as bright even at max brightness and the airbag and oil and ABS tell tales seem OK though)

I haven't checked the bulbs yet but I would be curious to know if it's worth checking it.

Thanks in advance!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I replaced ALL my dash telltale lamps about 20 years ago (back before LEDs were invented, LOL). '194' series bulbs, IIRC.

I found out later that the ECON lamp in my HCI's display was supposed to be a 24V bulb in a 12V circuit. That one is annoying at night, now. :cry:

I was perturbed by the Main Beam indicator brightness, too.  So years ago, I inserted a square of grey filter into the light housing.  Can't remember if I replaced that one or if it was original, though.

• Thanks 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

When I replaced all of mine with LEDs the main beam tell tale was also incredibly bright. I think that the colour filter on them is less dense than the others. I Tippexed over the end of the bulb and now it is fine.

• Thanks 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)