Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 26 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430

@Tex @Toqcars

Just for your info, this is what my tank looked like after the first limp mode. The tank was clean up until that point.

IMG-8641.jpg

The coolant was obviously getting hot, and pressure had built up. Either the cap is leaking, or it genuinely did its job and relieved the pressure at 16psi. Either way, when this pressure relief happens it must throw up some code. 

What was weird, was the level seemed low when I first looked at it and then slowly went back up to the line as it sat there. I still can't understand that bit at all.

I've just cleaned it up and tried to re-tighten the cap, but it jumps threads before it gets to what I consider to be properly tight. I've ordered a new cap and a new tank. (The tank part number is now on it's FOURTH revision. I'm not sure what version I've got fitted)

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Paul_D said:

@Tex @Toqcars

Just for your info, this is what my tank looked like after the first limp mode. The tank was clean up until that point.

IMG-8641.jpg

The coolant was obviously getting hot, and pressure had built up. Either the cap is leaking, or it genuinely did its job and relieved the pressure at 16psi. Either way, when this pressure relief happens it must throw up some code. 

What was weird, was the level seemed low when I first looked at it and then slowly went back up to the line as it sat there. I still can't understand that bit at all.

I've just cleaned it up and tried to re-tighten the cap, but it jumps threads before it gets to what I consider to be properly tight. I've ordered a new cap and a new tank. (The tank part number is now on it's FOURTH revision. I'm not sure what version I've got fitted)

I had a new tank fitted last year as does appear they do leak presumably from the pressure 

• 4 months later...
On 16/08/2022 at 14:16, Paul_D said:

@Tex @Toqcars

IMG-8641.jpg

Just noticed both my Charge Cooler and Engine coolant are low.

Lotus Recommend for both Petronas Paraflu UP red is this what you used.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125669773158?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xPv1kB-VTm-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=ZvJ2wB4fTpC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

@Tex

I didn’t actually use any fresh coolant to be honest. I used a syringe to empty the old tank and put that back in the new one. To bring it up to the line I just added water, as it was only a very small amount needed. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Running a full 2bular exhaust system and interchanging the OEM Ti back box with the 2bular QT for tracking.

System is great quality and Jim has been very supportive, particularly supplying a new cat/y pipe gasket at short notice.

Have recently adapted the hangers and replaced the bolts holding the diffuser on which means a swap over under 30 mins including jacking and unjacking. 

Still a bit of a pita but the Ti box does sound brilliant on full chat on road so has to be done. 

Edited by Tex
  • Like 2