Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 23 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430

53 minutes ago, Tex said:

Just received quote from Lotus Dealer for the replacement of discs and pads all round  £3,600. 

Seems pretty steep !

Source the parts from @Seriouslylotusand you can upgrade to larger discs and better pads while also saving some money.

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/braking/exige-v6-343mm-upgrade-alcon-front-brake-disc-rota-s

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, will take a look at these discs,  but having tried the Performance Friction pads previously I found them noisy and they whistled on the road.

They were though good on track !

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/06/2018 at 18:49, Tex said:

Took delivery of my Cup today and very quickly broke the engine cover release lever, so all my luggage remains locked away. I know it’s been covered before but it really is a pretty weak design.

Looks like a trip back to the dealer !!!

Main point really was to establish a thread for the foibles on a new Lotus.

I had air bag delete which included the harness brace, but it would appear the plastic cover behind seats gets removed showing all manner of Cables. I was assured this was normal but would appreciate views on this. Looks a bit naff really but maybe it is the only solution

Also Really would have liked the switchable exhaust button, as on my 380 and will look to see if this can be retro fitted.

Will up date again once I retrieve my luggage and start to enjoy the car for the reasons I bought it.

22908A23-FEE2-4740-AD55-FC6DA81827A6.jpeg

Is it true that if you opt for the harness bar, it's the dealership that has to install it after the car has been registered, and that the part is sold as "track only" from Lotus ?

The full A frame harness bar that comes with the pack is factory fitted. You then apply for the Schroth harnesses post sale which your dealer supplies.

I know some folks opt for the half harness which is a dealer fit or whoever you prefer to

• 1 month later...

Had these new wheels delivered and just applied C5 Gtechniq ceramic wheel armour. Good product and easy to apply.

Rears weigh in at 20.9kg on Cup 2s with Fronts at 16.4kg.

My identical original OEM’s are 21kg and 16.5kg on worn Cup 2’s though 

Will keep these for just road use now.

C6191308-F8A9-45DF-B82C-E654F9EB5441.jpeg

D745000B-02B1-42A7-892D-28E5FC72994D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I am considering changing over from Cup2’s to Pirelli Trofeo R’s but it appears you can not obtain them in OEM sizes as below :

285/30/ZR18 97Y XL Cup 2’s  

215/45/ZR17 91Y XL Cup 2’s  

7.5J x 17 ET26

10J x 18 ET32

The equivalents are 225 fronts and 295 rears. Clearly a size up but not necessarily any wider to foul the arches as Michelin’s do appear to come up larger against Pirelli on other sizes 

So if anyone has any  experience would be good to know 

Trofeo-R in OEM proper sizes are available since around mid-2020, see this topic :
https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/107089-semi-slick-tyres-for-sport-410-cup-430-and-some-others/
They do not seem to be available everywhere online, at least I found the official dealer in France which sells them :
https://ivalto.com/boutique/
You should then find them in UK for sure 👍

• Like 1

I adjusted the camber - 1,4 at the front and - 2 at the rear for the moment. This was the same setup I was using on the previous V6S I had that I am using as a start point now.

Now I am trying to find a proper setup for the suspensions on track

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tex said:

In any event Simon gave me his settings based on the 1,100’s and his experience.  At Donington last week i had the opportunity to try them out and it handled better than ever.

Compared to the factory settings ?
Of course feel free to share, if possible :)
Many thx 👍

Never seen any settings for track from Nitron or Lotus and not sure why there would be as it is a personal preference. The settings I used were tested at Donington and I imagine good for Silverstone and and other fast circuits.

There are of course road settings given by Lotus which are what the car is set at the factory and these are on the firm side so usually best to soften them slightly. 

E00B27EB-09EC-4585-A809-1338B831B09E.jpeg

And then by how many "clicks" (compared to the factory spec) did you soften front/rear high/low compression & rebound for track use at Donington ?
So that it could help others :)
Thank you again 👍

4 different settings.

Factory, My Road, My Track and Simon’s Track.

All personal preference and worth experimenting yourself but perhaps a good benchmark 

E170B0F8-F0CD-4A42-A0D4-4FC3D14893D5.jpeg

• Like 1