Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Boot Release Fix? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Boot Release Fix?

A few folks seeming to have the dreaded boot release problems. Always something that worry’s me! 

I did read that Lotus had a fix so thought it wise to start a new thread to ask what the actual fix is... part codes... work involved. 

Can anyone advise?

www.alias23.com

It’s a metal backing plate attached to the lever to stop it bending. Had mine done under warranty...

cheers

1 hour ago, Mark030358 said:

It’s a metal backing plate attached to the lever to stop it bending. Had mine done under warranty...

cheers

So does the handle plastic actually break then when it lets go?😳

@stephenwhyte TBF mine was fine, but I believe they bend and can sometimes snap, its a very flimsy lever as you know and still feels like it will snap every time its used... :( 

Oakmere just did the modification at the 1000 mile service as a precaution. However it is on the Lotus warranty list, so you should be entitled to it. 

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

Is it classed as a recall? For instance eligible to be fixed at no charge of the cars outside of warranty.... or only for cars still in warranty?

Is there a part number for this metal thing?

www.alias23.com

Asked silverstone re my 380 and they just rerouted cable so it had less stress on it.  Never had a problem 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Does this apply to cars with handles on the passenger side or drivers? Both my Club Racer & the Sport 350 that replaced it have handles on the drivers side, but I looked at a couple of other Sports with the handle on the passenger side.

Did I read somewhere that the backing plate mod is only for the newer type of lever which are susceptible to breaking?

I think if your lever is on the passenger side then you’ve got the new type.

https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=11364&MAK=1&MDL=40&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

No 24 and 24a on this. VIN HH_10835 was when it changed.

The recall is only for a select few exiges 350,380's. Only with the passenger side boot release handle.( the fix involves strengthening the handle with a metal plate..to stop the cable pulling through the plastic handle.

if your handle is on the drivers side. There is nothing to worry about but it is advised to (fit the plate into the boot latch) to centralize the striker pin.

As the biggest issue is the orientation of the pin(on the tailgate) into the latch as there is a flat edge that locates into the latch and when this pin twists it jams the boot.!!

• Like 2

Yorkshire's only Main dealer Lotus technician.