Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Castle Coombe Hotels - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Castle Coombe Hotels

Kimbers

Please list where you are staying for the Castle Coombe event so that everyone (me and Bibs included) can come see you if they want to. Also helps those still looking.

I'm still yet to book as is Bibs and Laura, so it will be posted when I've found somewhere.

[Yes I know some have already stated it in a previous post but this makes it clear.]

[name and address or web link only please, no chatter]

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so you either don't want to have a drink with me or no one else is staying!

Sod the lot of you, I'm throwing a girlie strop! :coffee:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Ok so you either don't want to have a drink with me or no one else is staying!

Sod the lot of you, I'm throwing a girlie strop! :coffee:

A bunch of us are staying at the White Hart at Ford which is a 5-10 min drive from Castle Coombe.

Great food and big car park but I think accomodation is fully booked but it would be great to see some more of the guys there.

Kimbers - I'll even buy you a pint !!

Bazza

Cheap and cheerful guys and dolls.

probably in a field nearby ( small green tent, black turbo outside)

what time are you setting off phil fri or sat ? i cant pm you at the moment my site/computer is playinig up again

Well, I was aiming to get there between 8 and half past, but I just realised that'd mean setting of at about 5:30. Then Bibs mentioned the magic word, and being a curry monster, I'm now tempted to take Friday afternoon off and pitch a tent instead. It's forecast to rain on Friday night, which suggests it's my destiny to be in a tent! I'm not sure my liver (or my wallet) can stand two nights in succession drinking with Bibs though :)

When were you planning on going? If you're heading down Friday, we could take the scenic route.

If anyone else is camping on Friday night, where are you staying?

More speed, less haste

See some of the above Phil. I think Bibs is staying at the Travel Lodge.

Cheers Kimbers,

I was actually asking about camping, but decided to try the Travelodge anyway. Unfortunately, the online booking is broken, so I'll have to try again in the morning.

More speed, less haste

tried to book last night and the Westbound one is full. The Eastbound, however, has space with Doubles, ensuite, at

Change of plan for me. Had intended driving down early doors on Saturday, then staying overnight. Now driving down Friday afternoon, staying overnight at Travelodge and returning home Saturday evening. Lure of an LEF curry night just proved too much :) (lack of accommodation availability on Saturday and other BH weekend plans also had a small part to play).

Nice one, I'm in Travellodge to, Eastbound (Westbound wrong side and full anyway). What time you leaving James? I am looking for a hoon down there.

Don't forget to put your name down for the curry (under Castle Coomb thread)....might move it actually....

Being a greedy bast*rd I've actually got a room booked each side at the mo :)

Wasn't sure which was the best option so booked both on basis that one can then be cancelled.

Having looked at a detailed map, and spoken to a very helpful lady at the Travelodge, really don't think it makes a huge amount of difference which side we're on. But in terms of accessibility to/from Castle Combe and Chippenham (? by taxi) the Eastbound side seems to have a slight edge. So I'll probably cancel the Westbound reservation.

But, for anyone who has booked the Westbound side and can't be arsed to change their booking there is a footbridge connecting the two.

As to ETD haven't made a final decision yet. But want to reasonably certain of clearing the M25/M4 junction by no later than 4 o'c in the hope of avoiding the worst of usual Bank Holiday exodus out of London/the SE. To achieve that would need to be at Stansted/M11 by no later than 2:30 - 3 o'c. Any good for you Mr K?

James

Bibs,

You have a room as well as me and sam at eastbound travelodge...

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Cool, eastbound os the lodge to be in!! Bring some bottles and it's back to mine till you puke! :welcome: Actually, being a lightweight these days I might retire early, say about 2am? Think the last time me and Bibs drank it was 4am, James was there too!

So, James, I was palnning to leave early too, so tell me a spot and a time and I will build my day around it (was thinking of leaving between 12-1 as well!)

TK, how about Stansted Airport Services (just off M11) at 14:30 then? Even allowing for fairly busy roads - but assuming no major problems - that should put us on the M4 by 15:45, with a Travelodge ETA of 16:45 - 17:00.

Or maybe 14:00 to allow time for a coffee and bite to eat?

James

A bunch of us are staying at the White Hart at Ford which is a 5-10 min drive from Castle Coombe.

Great food and big car park but I think accomodation is fully booked but it would be great to see some more of the guys there.

Kimbers - I'll even buy you a pint !!

Bazza

Kimbers, dont believe him, he's never bought anyone a beer in his life!

Ps. I'm staying there so you can buy me a pint of 6X (superb beer)

Edited by esprit22

Kimbers, dont believe him, he's never bought anyone a beer in his life!

Ps. I'm staying there so you can buy me a pint of 6X (superb beer)

Is that deflamation or something?

Deflamation? Did he burst into flames?.....or is that something else?

Deflamation? Did he burst into flames?.....or is that something else?

Think that as the word has "de" at the front, then It could be that he did burst into flames somehow, either by spontaneous combustion, or a self inflicted "sexual fetish" but clearly de-flamed himself. The method he used is not clear but I favour he used a large tin of talc powder,a bag of coloured marbles, and a bottle of ordinary household bleach.