Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Sport 350 Orange - "Carl" - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Sport 350 Orange - "Carl"

Friend made me some last minute decals, ready for a show tomorrow. Always wondered how it would look so had a go.

The Lotus on the wing is a pain in the arse to photograph. No angle makes it look 100% as it follows both the curve and shape of the wing - being wider in the middle by the T, and curving up at the top if the letters. I can assure you they are all correct and straight, we spent an hour making sure and tweaking - its an illusion.

If you take a photo from the left by the L the U looks wonky as hell. If you take a photo by the S then the L looks wonky. Bit mind bending.

Matches my tyre writing nicely 🤣🤣

I can hear George's rage from here about my brown wheels too...

20190727_220053.jpg

20190727_220029.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Oh my.... not sure what to say! It’s certainly different. Can I ask, why do you want stickers of car part manufacturers? You do seem determined to cover your car in stickers! 

I originally thought you were joking and playing to the crowd on here ... clearly not! Bravery indeed!

at the end of the day, it is your car and if you like it that’s all that really matters. We all like different things in life. 

It's fine  - coming from a different car scene I guess I'm used to it, and it's easily reversible so that's fine by me. Might like it for a week cause its new and fresh, then after another week I might hate it. Just simply peel it back off :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2018 at 22:20, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Got my car today, trying to think of a good or funny name... Mrs noticed the plaque " built by Carl Knights" so, the car is called Carl now :P

IMG-20180807-WA0087.thumb.jpg.f0f478fec8e5656de7d74ae2466fa524.jpgIMG-20180807-WA0091.thumb.jpg.611d68581abda68b9a217359fcf01327.jpg

First planned mod is to change the steering wheel - All alcantara hopefully by D class as per @GFWilliams's recommendations *( I saved your interior as inspiration for what I want to achieve )

This won't happen for a while, maybe a birthday surprise from the Mrs and family, or I'll do it near Xmas. Going to pop up there after the B&C open day as its quite close and have a chat.

This is going to be a slow burner thread I'm afraid, funds are limited now the beast is here but by god my face hurts from laughter and smiling.

Happy first birthday! 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Realised I never posted an update on my lights which I got early November. Went for a drive today to get some updated photos and location hunting for when a photographer friend comes to help out. I'll spare you the other rubbish photos 🤣

20200208_135248.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Do you still have all the stickers on the car @RoflOnMyWaffle?

Yup 🤣🤣 coming off soon, waiting for my friend with the vinyl cutter to remake them in black and the LOTUS on the wing is being made a bit smaller to fit better

• Like 1

Knowing my air filter needed replacing in my service, I ordered the @alias23 intake as a christmas prezzy to myself. OEM filter wasn't too bad, considering 3 years of daily use, in horrible conditions at times but still nice to upgrade. Using man maths, it made more sense to spend the money on the upgrade!
OEM.thumb.jpg.d347de6fef169e2375108792376af82c.jpg

The Alias23 unit arrived, very well packaged and with rapid shipment. Sent out Friday and arrived Monday. All the little fittings were in a labelled envelope sealed nice and securely. I was in the middle of work, but needless to say this took priority!

Desk.thumb.jpg.5107c5d2cbe381b0173b33176f698366.jpg

Now, me being like a giant man child decided to print the instructions and read them first... until I opened the box. I just had to assemble the filter - carefully as to not crush the internal cage - which was fairly easy if you have patience and don't man handle it. Once you learn how the silicone likes to move it's less infuriating. Here it is, next to the OEM unit, bearing in mind the OEM unit has that feeder pipe, which you no longer need. The instructions recommended taking the wheel off if you can't get the OEM box out from the top but as my driveway is gravel and a total pain to work on I just spent a bit longer fiddling to remove things. Still easy as anything. Imrans instructions were clear and pictures helped greatly to understand what you are looking for.

Cropped.thumb.jpg.0721393f41e540b050405958c269683c.jpg

I'd say if I wasn't doing this in the middle of this sodding storm I could've done this under an hour, no problems. But because of the wind and rain I had to keep stopping every other step.

In the instructions, re fitting the shroud at the top of the photo is optional, you can save some weight by removing it, but I prefer the look with, so back it went.
If you look at your OEM set up, and now my photo, there is SO much more room for activities down there now!

Bay.thumb.jpg.9bd6fac1040bfff5d27d00cadc84cb29.jpg62275330_Closeup.thumb.jpg.c3520c861eb7af4797e8f205116834db.jpg

Overall, one VERY happy customer, and couldn't recommend this enough, I only wish I did it sooner. The noises you get now are insane, and to be honest I feel the car is more responsive/alive now, but that could be placebo. 

I'm lucky in that this weekend I'm going for a drive with a club and there is a tunnel run - hopefully I can get some footage and add it here :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Gave it a long overdue wash, and removed the stickers. Got fed up of waiting for them to be made in black so this "faded" look will do!

Paint correction and bandit mask in gloss or metallic is next on the list for summer. 

20200507_152729.jpg

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

The Matt black paint looks absolutely shot to me ? Not just where the stickers have been, but the general appearance looks very faded? I know it’s a challenge to keep it looking good. 

Yeah it's ruined. I've tried so many dressings and waxes etc to try and make it black again, but it never lasts. 

Getting it resprayed slowly over the coming months, hopefully!

2 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Yeah it's ruined. I've tried so many dressings and waxes etc to try and make it black again, but it never lasts. 

Getting it resprayed slowly over the coming months, hopefully!

Are you sticking with the Matt black or trying something different? 

1 minute ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Are you sticking with the Matt black or trying something different? 

I'm toying with the idea of body coloured front panel and roof, and gloss/metallic for the others. But need to do a few renders and see which is the best combo.

Luckily now I have the soft top I don't have to worry about the roof for a while 😂

• Like 1

Slight "mod" but hey.

New plate arrived and fitted - I wanted V6 MVV but the owner wanted "over £1000" before he'd consider the offer - sod that!

There are 4 small changes in these photos, most won't notice but hey.

I've added eyeliner to the headlights using vinyl - didn't come out quite as good as I hoped but that's mostly my fault. They are fine from a few steps back though. 

The second change is front access panel is now gloss black, not by choice. Had a slight mishap that meant it needed touching up - so I went full commitment and just did a rattlecan job 😂🙃. It's not good, but it'll see me through untill I get it painted along with the rear bandit mask, which leads me to my next sticker.

I removed the chrome Exige logo, and replaced it with a white gloss decal. Much better and matches the 350 logo. Kept getting caught on my wash mitt and towels so I got fed up 😂

I can't be bothered to correct the marks around the old rear plate, so it's going in to be sprayed gloss/metallic black for the bandit mask and most likely will re do the front panel in body colour.

I also painted the inside of the exhaust satin black, as I was fed up of trying to keep it clean!

20200519_113943.jpg

20200519_113958.jpg

• Like 1

There wasn't much residue, but they are still stained/faded from 6 months of sun/wear.

The residue from the Exige logo was a pain, took nearly an hour. 

I used an IPA wipe on the car and plate, then put 3 strips of double sided numberplate tape. Strong as anything, sticks fine.

• Thanks 1