IGNORED

Vacuum Pump

mangel

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some investigating a while ago and found this website.

http://www.ssdieselsupply.com

Do a product search on the keyword 'Vacuum pump'.

What shows up looks a lot like the pump I was looking for. If you contact them and do some questioning they might have what you are looking for.

Good luck

I just bought one a couple of months ago from NAPA autoparts chain here in the US for my 1991 SE and was easy to get. The part # is: 64-1006. It cross references to some 5.7L Diesel engine.

Check with www.napaonline.com.

-Chandra

91SE

If you want I have a used electric pump from my 95 S4 as far as i know its a self regulated deal so just give it 12v and plug it in where the mechanical pump would go. Let me know if you are interested.

From what I remember you can't put in a electric power steering pump to replace a mechanical driven pump.

I dont' even think the are in the same place?....In the 93+ cars have a power steering pump where the Steven's have a vacuum pump.

Even if you could....what would you do with the belt? A comparison of the parts diagram books will show you the differences.

A rebuilt vacuum pump wasn't all that hard to get and it about $130 USD.

-Chandra

91SE

PM sent