IGNORED

LEF on TV!

Loteuk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:coffee:

Those of you with sharp eyes will notice that LEF is now a powerboat racing sponsor and will be appearing on Tony's boat this season. Look out for the series on TV (we're famous!) and in the papers and on the news :cheers:

We're on both sides on the boat and the helmet visors so big, huge thanks to Tony for the publicity.

On a side note, I'm hoping to arrange a day out to watch a race or two later this year. Watch this space :D

DSCF1955.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Very cool.

Nice motor by the way, Tony. Was looking at a speedboat to blast around at Sheringham till I realised that, even with the large discounts staff get, I would have had to pay

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Very cool.

Nice motor by the way, Tony. Was looking at a speedboat to blast around at Sheringham till I realised that, even with the large discounts staff get, I would have had to pay

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

• Gold FFM

Tony, you should have posted a date reminder re Torquay. Would have liked to come down, brought binocculars and spectated.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Tony, you should have posted a date reminder re Torquay. Would have liked to come down, brought binocculars and spectated.

Bugger.......I forgot Ian.....sorry , will make it up to you, you can have a drive of that one as well !!

Seas were pretty rough!

Here's the Season dates,

Honda Formula 4-Stroke

2007 Events Calendar

May 12/13

Torquay Grand Prix

June 16/17

Isle of Man Grand Prix

July 28/29

Lowestoft Grand Prix

August 25/26

Cowes Grand Prix

September 29/30

Liverpool Grand Prix

• Gold FFM

Kin hell! And there was me thinking it was only in Athletics there was a High Jump event.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

TV cover starts Saturday August 10th at 6pm on ITV4 and runs for 10 weeks. I think they are using our 225 Boat for the ITV advertising slot to springboard to ITV4

Also on Sky 1,2 and 3 after the Season but the slots have nt been announced yet.

Race reports on www.jayoffshore.com

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Next year LEF should support the boats on the Isle of Man trip. Have a mega hoon round the island with no speed limits. Get a bunch stopping over for the weekend. Should be a real blast.

Alex

Thats a fab idea Alex....!!!!!

Mine may be working by then...!!!!

Any we know a couple of people who are accomodating....!!!!! LOL

Simon

I'M DEFINATELY UP FOR THIS....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM
Next year LEF should support the boats on the Isle of Man trip. Have a mega hoon round the island with no speed limits. Get a bunch stopping over for the weekend. Should be a real blast.

Alex

Like that idea as well Alex.

Before the idea fades do you have dates for next years race calendar Tony so we can getthe Isle of Man one in the LEF calendar?

Honda won t release dates until they are sure the venue is secured.

I think The IOM is pretty secure but Southern Ireland could be on (decent trip)

IOM this year is just after the TT so its easy to get accommodation. It just clashes with almost every motoring event on the calender (Le mans, goodwood etc.)

The Lowestoft event is during the big air display if you are into planes. 250 000 spectators expected !! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I could be up for the Lowestoft dates, I've never seen powerboat racing before :smoke:

Keep off the straight and narrow

• 2 weeks later...

Race Report - Isle of Man

150 Class

What a great venue. 3rd Season there and it gets better. Always done well in Douglas Bay with a Second and third last year and a 2nd the year before.

This year we posted a 5th on the Saturday and knew the boat was back on form (thanks Mr.Ring).

Sunday saw us in second place on the long start out dragging the fleet.We had problems with the power trim and drove most of the race on revs.

We were caught by the series leader and passed on lap 3 then we saw red :thumbsup: After 4 laps we caught the second place and intimidated them into crossing our wake on a turn buoy (big mistake for us)! and

left them closing the door on the next turn.

It was sh*t or bust to regain second on the next turn. A wash from close quarters had us almost turning the boat over.(see pic)

The leaders gaines 100yds by the time we'd recovered and the chase was on again................... we caught them after a real effort and to our disappointment.....................ran out of fuel.......bollox! 1 1/2 laps from the flag!

Still, after a Winter of prep. we are pleased with the performance.

225 Class

The girls did everything they were expected to do in both races. :rtfm:

Their instructions were to test in race conditions and stay within a safe limit of performance. I know Sarah is well able to wreck my asset but she is still learning the boats limit in those conditions.

She finished 11th and 12th which is great considering the accident in Torquay almost wiping out the Lotus Esprit Forum Logo :) .

Next Race in Lowstoft in July..........

http://www.keith-slater.org.uk/IOM2007FIN1/index.html mg6956

wow what a great picture album, looks like a lotta fun, thanks for sharing

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 2 weeks later...
Holy shit Tony, you wanna get Lotus Ride & Handling involved!

Clipboard01-2.jpg

Just WHAT exactly, are you implying Bibs?

................Searching for lawyers telephone No.

Mike :wallbash:

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

just told the wife we're going to visit her sister 29th and 30th of Sept

She lives in Liverpool!! Just popping out for an hour darling!!!

Edited by mangel