Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Black filler surround - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Black filler surround

Hi all, 

Does anyone sell a black annodised filler surround to match the centre? I've seen a few but never where they are sold - I know there is a filler available for the S2 Elise - I presume that will fit but not sure. 

Anyone confirm?

Also should I get that one - is it relatively straightforward to remove the surround - do all the allen bolts actually work and it isn't glued to the car?

Many thanks

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Is it a case of just unbolting the old and re-bolting in the new, or do you need to be careful that the inner bits and pieces don't fall off or out when all the fixings removed??

thanks

Mark

It’s easy peasy lemon squeezy ;)

It’s the former, just be careful not to over tighten the bolts 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

IIRC, there’s a cork gasket behind it that can get a bit stuck - just take the old one off carefully.

And I think there’s an o-ring that you’ll need to swap too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lo2zz said:

Tried to fit at the weekend....rounded one of the bolts. GRRR

It was totally welded on - will have to get the drill out this weekend. 

Shame,

Did mine with no problem but imagine I was lucky.

It is though a great improvement over stock

5 hours ago, Lo2zz said:

Tried to fit at the weekend....rounded one of the bolts. GRRR

It was totally welded on - will have to get the drill out this weekend. 

To avoid a similar thing happening with your new filler surround, alu bonding to RVS, I might suggest a small dab of copper grease on the seat of the bolt.

Maybe cutting a small slot and then a flat head screw driver does the trick, together with some penetrating oil a day in advance?  

36 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

To avoid a similar thing happening with your new filler surround, alu bonding to RVS, I might suggest a small dab of copper grease on the seat of the bolt.

Maybe cutting a small slot and then a flat head screw driver does the trick, together with some penetrating oil a day in advance?  

Ahh Jesus Christ! I am never buying anything for the Lotus again. This bloody cap! 

Your idea was excellent, but rather than get the dremel out I thought the metal is so soft I can probably make enough of an incision with a flathead. 

Yep guessed what happened

45367222971_e3acf0c22f_k.jpgfuel filler cap.jpg.66kbgaq by mikeharper2, on Flickr

fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..................

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3