Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 Parts Cross References - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 Parts Cross References

Hi all! I need a favor.

I am creating a parts cross reference list. As you do work on your V8s I was wondering if you could send me label information from parts like alternators, power steering pumps, fans, etc.

So far, I have most of the A/C components on my list as well as headlamps. If you contribute I will make surethe proper credit is given. Hopefully once I have completed this list, LEW could post it in its parts section. Thank you.

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Okay, I can maybe help on the alternator.

I believe the V8's is from a Vauxhall (i.e. GM) Omega in the UK (dunno the equivalent model in the US). I replaced mine via some random auto parts garage here - they had no probs getting the crap off the old one and reading the cast (i.e. part) number - 111514. 12v, 100A. Might well be different in the US but my main point is I doubt it's a collector's item :-)

Neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Oh, power steering - I think you're out of luck.

The pump might be GM but as far a I know the mechanism was Lotus only from the S4/S I believe. After all it does have to go round corners :-)

So that means selling bodily parts to replace - I think the rack is well over a grand sterling.

Which bodily parts go first? :-)

Neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone,

Here is an addition to my list:

The A/C Compressor is from GM's 3.1L V6's.

1998 Buick Skylark V6

1998 Pontiac Grand Am V6

It is a Delphi 1135153.

The receiver/dryer is a Parker-Hannifan unit.

It can be obtianed from www.drivewire.com (no affiliation)

According to drivewire.com it is from a 1975-1984 Volvo 240/260.

The Alternator:

This is special. It can be rebuilt for around $150US.

I do not know where the casing (aluminum) is from. The internals are from an Isuzu Rodeo.

-- New information: According to sources on this forum; the Alternator is from a Cadillac Catera (US) I'm not sure what this car is in Europe. Perhaps Opel?

Wiper Blade refills should accept 24" refills (according to the Wiper Blade posting from Jun 2006 in this forum).

Edited by actwon

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

• 2 months later...
Everyone,

Here is an addition to my list:

The A/C Compressor is from GM's 3.1L V6's.

1998 Buick Skylark V6

1998 Pontiac Grand Am V6

It is a Delphi 1135313.

The receiver/dryer is a Parker-Hannifan unit. 

It can be obtianed from www.drivewire.com (no affiliation)

According to drivewire.com it is from a 1975-1984 Volvo 240/260.

The Alternator:

This is special.  It can be rebuilt for around $150US.

I do not know where the casing (aluminum) is from.  The internals are from an Isuzu Rodeo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To add onto the list, the High Beams (American V8's) are bulb model 5001.

This can be picked up at any auto parts store.

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

• 1 month later...

The Rochester fuel injectors for the V8 Esprit are from an Oldsmobile Aurora. I've switched to a Bosch injector of the same flow rate.

Secondary injectors are from a mid-1990's Chevy S10 pick up with the 4-cylinder engine. These are the throttle body injectors.

The water temperature sensor and plug are from late 80's early 90's GM cars. Autozone has the plug with pig tail wiring.

The fuel pressure regulator is from a 1992-1996 Corvette with the LT-1 engine.

Mark Pfeffer

Edited by Feffman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all! Here is the official part number for the V8 Air Filters....

<< DRUM ROLL PLEASE >>

The official K&N Part number is :lol:33-2547.. CONFIRMED!!! :lol:

It is from a 1993 Vauxhall Nova.

Have fun!

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed mine last night (cost half the price the usual suspects in the US charge!) Kudos to Nathan!!!

Hey all!  Here is the official part number for the V8 Air Filters....

<<  DRUM ROLL PLEASE  >>

The official K&N Part number is  :blink:33-2547..  CONFIRMED!!!  :D

It is from a 1993 Vauxhall Nova.

Have fun!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• 4 weeks later...

:(

1996 Lotus Esprit V8 Parts Cross Over

Cam belts Gates C918E0298F

Aux belt Goodyear B918E0069F 6PK2072

Air Filters K&N 33-2547

Rear Brake Pads EBC Green Stuff DP 2885 Renault Laguna (JPSR082B)

Still adding

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nathan,

You might want to add this one to your list for the V8 alternator in the US. Evidently it has been cross reference to a 2001 Cadillac Catera, specify the 120 amp Bosch unit....

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...p;hl=alternator

1995 S4s

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know where the header tank comes from, I've been hunting for ages.

Its from a 205 GTI..........................I just bought a bailey motor sport alloy header for mine.

Its listed under replacment for a 205 GTI

Looks much better than the plastic one, even if it cost

Thanks Alex, I did have this listed as a maybe but wasn't 100% certain. Are you saying that if I ordered a plastic one from Peugeot it would be the same tank as my V8?

Its from a 205 GTI..........................I just bought a bailey motor sport alloy header for mine.

Its listed under replacment for a 205 GTI

Looks much better than the plastic one, even if it cost

Thanks Alex, I did have this listed as a maybe but wasn't 100% certain. Are you saying that if I ordered a plastic one from Peugeot it would be the same tank as my V8?

Turbos A918E0060F Direct from Garrett 452218-0001

Turbos A918E0060F Direct from Garrett 452218-0001

I'm Pretty sure.

Reason being, i had a low water sensor go on mine & the tank/sensor was traced to a 205 GTI

Anyway i had got the new sender & it was the kiddy............try & Check a pic out on e bay of a 205 for sale & have a look under a hood

Tell you what though, as mentioned i ordered a pukka bailey header tank listed under a 205 & its perfect........................apart from the fact lotus seamed to have added a second pipe from the plastic stock header tank to the secondary header tank under the rear drivers wheel arch........This being the case you will have trouble fitting the stock item re- plastic welding etc............ I think its prob cheaper to buy a bailey unit & just have the extra alloy outlet cut & welded into the tank(smalll job) & its gonna look a treat on mine as my plenums & c.covers are polished.

I'm getting the extra pipe put in this week & i'l be fitting the tank straight away.

When i do i'l e mail you some photos & let you know if it looks like lotus have added another pipe to the stock 205 header

Regards Alex

The pump might be GM but as far a I know the mechanism was Lotus only from the S4/S I believe. After all it does have to go round corners :-)

So that means selling bodily parts to replace - I think the rack is well over a grand sterling.

Neal

Hi

The steering rack is from a Saab & its standard.............Not quite sure which one but it may be from the 9000cse.................same as where the bottom fogs were derived

Regards Alex

Neal

Hi

The rack is from a saab & its stock.........not sure which one, but possibly from a 9000cse where the lower bottom fogs are derived

Regards

Alex

• 1 month later...

I was talking with Graham Pilkington on Monday evening and he told me the wiper blades on my '98 V8 are from a Renault Twingo. Does anyone have the partcode or any other reference as all my local Renault dealers have more more than unhelpful and tell me they can't look on the database without a chassis number.

Do you mean the wiper arm assembly or just the wiper blade. Rob Ellis (I think) told me the same info but I've failed to confirm whether its' true or not. I will look into it for you.

I was talking with Graham Pilkington on Monday evening and he told me the wiper blades on my '98 V8 are from a Renault Twingo. Does anyone have the partcode or any other reference as all my local Renault dealers have more more than unhelpful and tell me they can't look on the database without a chassis number.

• 2 weeks later...

Lotus Club Los Angeles(under "Parts") says:

Oil filter: Fram PH 3614 or HP10

K&N HP2004

Mobil 1 M1-204

Headlamp motor : Pontiac Fiero

Corvette C5

Any confirmation???

Edited by Bernie

I can confirm the following for sure:

Oil filter: K&N HP2004

Mobil 1 M1-204

Headlamp motor : Corvette C4

Fiero is very likely, as the rebuild parts are the same.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

• 3 weeks later...