Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 Parts Cross References - Page 2 - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 Parts Cross References

• 1 month later...

Mark, Are you sure this is the correct Gates cambelt part number as it looks like a Lotus Part number to me?

Dave Walters

:D

1996 Lotus Esprit V8 Parts Cross Over

Cam belts Gates C918E0298F

Aux belt Goodyear B918E0069F 6PK2072

Air Filters K&N 33-2547

Rear Brake Pads EBC Green Stuff DP 2885 Renault Laguna (JPSR082B)

Still adding

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just installed a new V8 alternator. ;)

Its from Bosch for Opel Omega, 14V, part #0986039 250-093.

It fits perfect without any extra work.

Raymond

Here is a photo of the new and old alternator.

Raymond

Raymond

Yellow V8 in HK

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
Oh, power steering - I think you're out of luck.

The pump might be GM ..... Neal

You can also use the ZF-Powersteering pump :

ZF Number 7691 955 1?2

[as reference: Ford Number 95GB-3A674-AC]

same pressure, same mounting face for the Belt Weel [triangular], same working direction, the only thing to do is: -turn the inlet pipe slightly in position and use a file to give more space between the pump casing mounts [there are not all necessary], or use a grinder and cut it off...

by the way,

..i'm still on search: What is the original flow rate for the main V8 injectors [Rochester] , and which Bosch spare part is equal ? Does anyone know the partnumbers for Rochester [original] and Bosch version ,or any equal manufacturer. Hase someone done yet a E85 or pure Ethanol modification y

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

NB - Very important...

Item posted by Gunter (March 16 2007) - Power Steering Pump.

The Saginaw Pump on the Esprit has unique calibration specified by Lotus.

Any other pump (Saginaw or ZF) is unlikely to have a suitable output characteristic to generate the required steering assist.

Using such pumps (which may have identical body and mounting arrangement) could produce unacceptable steering characteristics.

Lotus would never recommend the use of alternative / unspecified components on a vehicle steering system.

Another item under Parts Cross Reference (silver bullet - Aug 12 2006) claiming that the steering Rack is 'Stock' SAAB is incorrect. The Rack Body is Saab but the valve gear is not.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Cross-reference Fuel/Gas cap for Lotus V8 - ACDELCO GT172

After some research, it appears that the ACDELCO GT172 fuel cap is what is used on the Esprit V8 (at least on my 2001 Esprit). I just purchased one from the local Chevy dealer ($11) and it even has the

JoeyO

2001 V8 - Silver

2007 Ducati 1098

• Gold FFM
NB - Very important...

sorry, but it was not my intention to make troubble!

What are those "specified caracteristics"?! The labeled pressure rate said 100bar and the original belt weel is of same size [and the original Engine "Ford V6 Cosi" has nearly 6500 rev/min max.], so what is the problem? I use this pump now over two or more years. Does have Lotus also enough money and time to create a special pump, instead of using ordinary devices from other car-/part makers... ?

sorry it was only a lucky chance that i found these pump as i once needed a spare. It is not a general recommendation from my side!

Edited by G

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Spare Wheel is an ordinary steel type . Mine was 175/70 SR14 (inset +2mm)with 5bolt in 105mm diameter mounting-face. It depends on VIN number: 175/70 SR14 or 125/80 R16(inset+14mm)

i think u can use anny Peugeot 607 Coupe; Jaguar XJ-6; or other steel rims with the rigt dimension and mounting-face and a old 175/70 tire... :whistle:

• Gold FFM

"service notes" said: prior VIN* R 1443 (non USA, July'94) and [s 1391 for USA, June '94] is 5.5Jx14 with inset +2mm the 175tyre under 2 bar pressure. from VIN* R1443/ S1391 is 4Jx16 with inset +14mm the T125 tyre under 4.2 bar pressure [always not more than 80km/h, short distance...]

any questions :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

does anyone know the reference for the passenger compartement heating/ventilation outlet in the dashboard middle of later Esprit (after 1998). I know the buttons for light's an so on are from Peugeot compact car's, but the air-outlet seems do bee from different sources?

• 2 weeks later...

auxiliary serpentine belt

Has anyone found a cross reference for the auxiliary serpentine belt? Does anyone know the length/pitch/width etc for the belt?

One of the friends just had one break and he could not find a listing at the auto parts store. Which meant he needed to get his car towed back to his house (lotus dealership was closed).

It would nice to know if there is a cross reference to a common car so if one breaks unexpectedly everyone would know what the cross-reference to a suitable replacement would be.

JoeyO

2001V8

[quote name='G

JoeyO

2001 V8 - Silver

2007 Ducati 1098

• Gold FFM
Anyone have the O2 sensor number? Bosch universal?

*Bosch OX 104-B* :(

do you mean this ?!(for additional questions watch out UNI-FIT Katalysatoren GmbH-"www.uni-fit.de")

Edited by G

Power mirror switch is a Vauxhall part - early 90's Cavalier(with the single led in there for night lighting), but a Saab part also could be used if you don't need the light. The bonnet and boot switches for the alarm/and lighting are also Saab (with GM marking on it)

Edited by Paul93Lotus

• Gold FFM
Power mirror switch is a Saab part, and the bonnet and boot switches for the alarm/and lighting are also Saab (with GM marking on it)

To specify more exactly "SAAB" means the "GM" Ownership in the 90' . Steering column switches are GM/Vauxhall/Opel (Kadett,Vectra) also Mirror Switch mounting and Door opener. The Diesign of Window lift switch is nearly the same as in my Ford Scorpio from mid 90'

hafe fun on "scrapyard hunting" :P

• Gold FFM
Window switches are from GM. My wife has the same switches in her Vauxhall Calibra Turbo.

Regards,

Peter.

If you say so, maybee .

but the design of late Lotus (after '98) and the Ford look equal to ?! I do not proof Ford's OEM sources , the function is only "up and down" , so what....

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http...l%3Dde%26sa%3DG

http://cgi.ebay.de/Schalter-fuer-elektrisc...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.de/Opel-Calibra-Schalter-f...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 weeks later...