Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Back on Track OR Bell and Colvill? - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Back on Track OR Bell and Colvill?

BatMobile

Hi gents,

Having had a spell where I had fallen out of love with my Exige and having subsequently come incredibly close to parting ways and buying a 991 GT3, I realised I absolutely love this little car to a point where its not logical and that the source of my frustration was actually the ability of my dealer to resolve the issues it had and give the car back in the same condition I gave it to them. 

So....I live close to both these companies and have heard great things about them but from a maintenance, service, ability to resolve the niggles a Lotus has....which is the better one for me?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Have used both and my vote is for Back on track taking mine there Saturday 

Just more personal can discus what oils you want used etc and you can talk to the lads who do the work and you get good honest answers 

Hanger 111 also good 

• Like 1

I've used both and have been well looked after in equal measures. I found Bell and Colvill to be more expensive but that was expected. Phil was always willing to do what he could to keep things under control.

I don't think you would be disappointed whichever one you chose.

cheers

-Chris

• Like 1

thanks for the comments gents - for back on track I assume as long as they use genuine parts it won't void my warranty? Car is just over a year old. 

I like the idea of them being able to service it but also able to do track geo, install arbs etc 

19 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

thanks for the comments gents - for back on track I assume as long as they use genuine parts it won't void my warranty? Car is just over a year old. 

I like the idea of them being able to service it but also able to do track geo, install arbs etc 

If doing setup, Jez @ BoT is great and really transformed my car.  Bell & Colvill seem to keep things too safe, which means chronic understeer.

I don't see why using Jez would void your warranty, give him a call and ask :)

3 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

If doing setup, Jez @ BoT is great and really transformed my car.  Bell & Colvill seem to keep things too safe, which means chronic understeer.

I don't see why using Jez would void your warranty, give him a call and ask :)

Thanks George, funny enough just came off the phone to Jeremy and he does a service for an hours labour where he will inspect the car fully and then take anything warranty wise to B&C and manage them for you; a dealer has to do the work to reclaim it from Lotus.

Great guy, very open and it seems I am not the only one to switch from the same place! He was quite shocked at my story but I get the feeling if he does something he does it properly which is all you can ask. 

Will be getting a whole bunch of work done through him provided that first experience is good - feeling excited again which is a nice change from just being pissed off constantly. 

• Like 1

"maintenance, service, ability to resolve the niggles a Lotus has....which is the better one for me? "

If it's just the above then B&C are better placed. Seems most of the answers above are centered around upgrades and geo which isn'tt B&C's area. If that's what you're after then BOT probably good.

Trevor.

• Like 2

I'll get around to it at some point.

I'm going to be making this decision soon.

I has 3/3/3 with my Exige so 3 years free servicing which has been carried out by Bell & Colvil (supplier) and can't complain, they've looked after the car well.

Now that I will have to pay I may return to BoT (Jez used to service my previous 2 cars and was very happy with the service!)

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, I would highly recommend Jez @ Back on Track.  Great guy, really knows his stuff and always reasonable pricing.  Have been going to him regularly for around 6 years now for my VX220 Turbo and now my Exige 350.

Currently also having a very good experience with Dave @ Hanger111 as needed some work done under warranty.  Will deliver final verdict once all work is completed as the car is currently still there with work ongoing!

Have only had v limited exposure to Bell & Colvill, but what I did see was positive too.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of them - although I imagine you can expect higher prices from B&C.