Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Three years in a 400 and still loving it! - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Three years in a 400 and still loving it!

Gm77

I'd happily bin the folding mirrors and heated seats to be honest.  I suspect that would save a few KG.

Our car is garaged, so the seats are never that cold.  that said, my back was playing up last week and the seat heating was most welcome!!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

^totally disagree with this, when I'm on my 5 miles commute to the station the heated seats are perfect, and the folding mirrors essential in the station car park!

Depends how much weight would be saved I suppose.

Only had folding mirrors on one other car........haven't missed them since.

Each to his own and all that, but I suspect not too many 400's are being left in station car parks 😄

Can't help but think the heated seats are there partly for the US market.

It's like climate control.  When it works well, it's worth having, but I've never really missed on cars with basic AC

On 20/10/2018 at 05:07, Gm77 said:

Mines in the station car park as we speak! 😉

And a couple of shots of the car too, as requested.

95BA2C08-1A62-4FE7-B621-AEBF8910720A.thumb.jpeg.1f0275240d6f210996bac31154700905.jpeg2CA3ED03-246F-4840-AB00-4463944E7B65.thumb.jpeg.09ce336a4fbf3dd5fea8e95dfd84bce2.jpeg

F2C8D0AB-BFF7-480E-B1C0-55E62DC0EDF1.jpeg

The car looks great in that colour, brochures are one thing however seeing the pictures helps appreciate how good it looks. 

21 hours ago, 122 said:

A heated windscreen would be useful too.

Not much weight in that but wiring and switching add a bit , A/C and heater work a treat here but we rarely get iced screens where I live maybe 5 times a year.

Edited by au-yt

Why not just ditch the heated rear screen as the v6 seems to do a good enough job of clearing that and then very little additional weight for the heated front screen?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 21gg said:

Why not just ditch the heated rear screen as the v6 seems to do a good enough job of clearing that and then very little additional weight for the heated front screen?

I thought exactly that when I bought my V6 Exige, but then was out in the car one day in torrential rain. The water draining through onto the hot engine did a very good impression of a boiling kettle and completely obliterated the rear view by steaming up the screen. I then understood why it had a heating element in the glass. :yes:

5 hours ago, Spinney said:

I thought exactly that when I bought my V6 Exige, but then was out in the car one day in torrential rain. The water draining through onto the hot engine did a very good impression of a boiling kettle and completely obliterated the rear view by steaming up the screen. I then understood why it had a heating element in the glass. :yes:

I often wondered about that with slatted engine covers and  the steam issue fogging the rear screen I hadn't even thought of that,

I happy with my glass engine cover and the letter box view, Did I mention watching the throttle linkage move is fun!

On 24/10/2018 at 01:24, pete757 said:

... are you still alive!

Yes, I got away with mostly a sigh. I had taken the precaution of buying a Mini Countryman for her few months before. She was like, I can’t believe you have heated seats and I haven't.

She took here revenge few months later on a tube platform telling me it was the right time for a second kid like if we were discussing what coffe she will have. 

Now i am thinking how long before i can slot both kids in the back and still carry some luggage.. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The 400 as a daily, fulfils what Lotus planned, a 911 competitor, however for me using something special as a daily makes them just another car, and they loose that special event feeling which I love about the 400.

• Gold FFM

@pete757 I am certainly sad to part with it, as I had a connection with it I'll likely never have again. I doubt I'll be able to afford another new car.

At some point in the new year I hope to be re-united with the old girl, then it will be interesting to see how the car feels after a while out of the saddle.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com