Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
About To Join The Cup 250 Club - Page 5 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

About To Join The Cup 250 Club

Peapod

Stratton have an Elise cup advertised, you can probably go and have a test drive if you give Alex a call. I don't think the new Colchester dealer have any demonstrators yet, they had an Elise Sport 220 in the showroom when I went in early December but couldn't do test drives. I wouldn't bother with Castle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted this 250 in the iconic colour ( Isotope) today  probably the only Cup in this colour and have to say A052s look good on the car, looks like the tread pattern makes the tyres look like wider than the A048s.

0EA37AD7-FBCD-46BF-84C8-F0891914F17F.jpeg

• Gold FFM

It must be a typo. 

I have most of the options on mine, including Carbon Aero Pack (£3500), Light weigh brakes (£1500), AC (£1200), Red Callipers (£350), Hard Top (£1200), Exclusive paint (£2200), Full Carpets (£350), Mats (£100), Sound Insulation (£350), Cruise (£100), Stereo (£400) and Interior Colour Pack (£450, i think). 

And i think that lists it at about £61,500 ish. 

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know a date yet, but with no overlap, I am Lotus-less now for the first time in over 33 years 😢

By the way, is it true that there are no sun visors ? However small they were on the S2 Exige, they were handy at times with the roof off

And no PPF ahead of he rear wheels ?

Edited by sjw

Lotus dealer Leven have a toxic green 2017 Cup 250 just under £43500 with less than 1000M 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

7 hours ago, sjw said:

Don't know a date yet, but with no overlap, I am Lotus-less now for the first time in over 33 years 😢

By the way, is it true that there are no sun visors ? However small they were on the S2 Exige, they were handy at times with the roof off

And no PPF ahead of he rear wheels ?

No sun visors and no PPF. The latter is a must add. 

It’ll be worth the wait 👍

agree with above, adding ppf to the area in front of the rear wheels is essential. It’s disgraceful that Lotus removed this to save a few pennies. When getting it done you may as well add it along the whole lower sill.

• Like 1

On 24/02/2019 at 10:57, Neal H said:

adding ppf to the area in front of the rear wheels is essential. It’s disgraceful that Lotus removed this to save a few pennies. When getting it done you may as well add it along the whole lower sill.

I am aware of how vulnerable both the front clam and ahead of the rear wheels is. 

Collecting from the factory, do I take some extra thick cling film and gaffa tape with me and apply on Potash Lane.😀

Edited by sjw
  • Haha 1

Mine came with the front clam protected, and I "think" yours should as well, but you had better check.

The dealer forgot to do the rear part but has said that they will repaint any chips if I get any before it is fitted. However, I have fitted some myself for now until it is professionally applied, just to be sure. I have a pattern if you want a copy.

Given that they STILL claim on their website under Features - Exterior:

• Clear sill stone chip protection fillm 

I would contact them to get them to confirm that they will be fitting it to your car as you're not collecting from a dealer. Also, I don't think the front clam comes with ppf as standard either.

I'm sure they will hide behind the "errors and omissions excepted" phrase 

PPF on rear arches gone the same way as sun visors, tpms, engine cover, USB port only on near side, etc ☹️

It really is taking the proverbial on a £50k+ car

Peapod, I don't believe any cars come from the factory with ppf on front clam. Its not an option, but even Scott Walker thinks it is essentlal

Edited by sjw
  • Like 1

Hi,

The driveway I have has a relatively steep incline and then levels out before the garage. Anyone know how much ground clearance there is with the Cup 250, if I reverse it on? I’m assuming i’ll need ramps, but I can’t try this out during a test drive, so trying to cover every base!

thanks!