Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
350 tweaks and mods - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

350 tweaks and mods

MrP_

On 04/01/2022 at 16:24, GoldenGun said:

Thanks @Paul_D.  I've just been trying to keep up the good work that @MrP_ began, so very much in his shadow! 

Thank you sir!  Means a lot coming from you, sincerely.

Have to say that @MrP_ is super good :)

• Like 1

Fantastic looking car, with an excellent set of modifications. I’m interested to know more about the sound with the 380 exhaust. I have a standard 350 V6S, and want it to sound more like an Evora 400. Does the 380 exhaust system make a big difference over standard, and will it sound like the higher powered variants, or does their noise result more from other changes?

• 1 year later...

With a slightly heavy heart, just wanted to close out my contribution to this thread. 

I was very lucky to have bought this exceptional example from @MrP_, cherished it and tried to carry on his great work. 

The car was passed on to its new owner today, who was absolutely smitten by it.  I had actually just installed a set of Nitron 3-way dampers with new springs, to try and finalise the tweaks during my ownership. 

8EBA3CA8-5E64-4463-84B8-7E794DE2B786.jpeg.801b7f126e74a8e1a2e4f6a3344b8ad0.jpeg

B5D30B6B-3B97-4287-BDCC-ED65E015021A.jpeg.ad7785c4da0d52c56183eb4946bdda86.jpeg

The suspension was installed by Bell & Colvill, but I never had a chance to even drive it due to a combination of family stuff, work travel, etc.  

The new owner met me at B&C today to collect the car, and was grinning from ear to ear when he saw it.  I went out for one last drive (as a passenger) and was reminded what an incredible car it is.  

Thanks to everyone on TLF for all the great comments and advice.  I will treasure the time I had with the car, and still think it is one of (if not!) the best driver’s cars I’ve ever owned. 

the new owner sent me the following message when he got home, which perhaps sums it up perfectly…

”…Well….what can I say? I’m totally speechless. I’ve clearly forgotten what’s it’s like to be FULLY in control of a sports car. The feel. The noise. Those nitrons have completed it in my opinion! It’s just mind blowing…”

Enough said. 

750173E7-1C37-4257-B724-FF82D24CC8B2.jpeg.ec9b8166bc246b501a12a87c39b54d41.jpeg

Edited by GoldenGun
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Sounds like that one should have been a keeper! What's next?! :)

Bought an Alpine A110 a few weeks back.  I can get in/out of it much easier and the suspension is absolutely perfect for our rubbish roads. 

Clearly not comparable to the drama, precision and thrill of the Exige.  But I feel like I’m getting too old to fumble in/out of the Exige! :(

1 hour ago, MrP_ said:

Great stuff @GoldenGun glad you enjoyed her and great to see her with another happy owner!

Paul, I still remember how confident I was buying the car from you without even seeing it myself.  You are my inspiration for how to look after and ‘tweak’ cars!!

• Like 2