Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supercar Fest, Shelsley Walsh 20 July 2019 - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Supercar Fest, Shelsley Walsh 20 July 2019

LotusLeftLotusRight

18 hours ago, Bibs said:

Sadly I can't make it folks, have a great day! 

Thank you for arranging it and soooo sorry you couldn't make it as......it was f*cking awesome!

Everyone was so friendly....be they in a Lotus, a Ford, an Aston Martin, a Ferrari....etc 

My lad and I politely request to be number one (or two after you) on the list for next year

19 hours ago, Karls said:

Is it going to be ‘supermudfest’ with the amount of rain we’ve had today? :(

It was as dry as a bone

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

This simply had to be the most outrageous car of the day - pictures don’t do it justice just how bright that interior isE496C887-78B6-4069-B8B0-BF3337CC46E1.thumb.jpeg.31890385bbc01b874ea67215b18863ef.jpeg

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

This simply had to be the most outrageous car of the day - pictures don’t do it justice just how bright that interior isE496C887-78B6-4069-B8B0-BF3337CC46E1.thumb.jpeg.31890385bbc01b874ea67215b18863ef.jpeg

It sooo was but did you spot the mini (like three inch) comedy stick on wing they'd added......very funny

But only two Esprits there that I could see......(unfortunately mine wasn't one of them because I needed an extra passenger seat...)

I thought the event was a little lightweight - it may have been better if they actually had more cars on the hillclimb racing rather than just the repeated demo runs. But nice atmosphere, great weather and good to chat to fellow pistonistas.....

My family had a great time in my Evora GTE. The problem they had was congestion in the Paddock. Supercars are pretty wide and not really suited to the tiny pit slots allocated to each vehicle. There was no way my car’s ample derrière was going to fit in mine. This meant that most of us had to park in front of a garage, which took up a lot of free space, adding to the congestion. 

Secondly, when you returned back down the hill, there was more congestion, since everyone in front of you was queuing up to manoeuvre back in their tight garage or space and you would then simultaneously get held up by the queue for the next set of cars waiting for their run. The staff did their best though and I am sure it could be improved next year, now they know what to expect. Maybe they could limit each run to cars from a particular garage zone in the Paddock?

Finally it was a bit of a free for all with the runs themselves. We were supposed to have limited runs in accordance with a number of token discs we were given. In practice though, the starting officials just let anyone go as often as they liked, which is why it did get a bit repetitive for the spectators seeing certain cars go up the hill much more often than others.

All in all it was a good day out and not too crowded for spectating. The weather stayed miraculously dry and I had no trouble getting in or out, even though I was one of the last to arrive at about 10.30am. There was an eclectic mix of Supercars from across the generations from Lamborghini Miura to Ferrari Pista. Other highlights included Metro 6R4, Jaguar XJ220 and Ferrari F40 LM spec.

I've  attended 5 times and to be honest the day was not as exciting as the timed events.

But this is the first time for a supercar day and all in all plenty of cars to see and always lucky with the weather and never seen so many people attend so gives you an idea of usual attendance figures 

We all enjoyed the day and some cracking roads on the way home on Sunday thanks Nick 

IMG_20190720_092938425_HDR.jpg

• Like 1