Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello from Finland 🇫🇮 - Page 8 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello from Finland 🇫🇮

Osku

9 hours ago, Osku said:

At the same time you value your work time etc. you disvalue mine to the degree that you feel entitled to ask money from me for making content. You do you I do me.

You are paying to support the access to the wealth of information this forum provides to us Lotus owners and enthusiasts such as yourself.  You can add lots of content without paying but I don't see why Bibs should pay to host your photos out of his pocket.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I am one of the too few paying members and have been even during the time I didn't have a Lotus as I had found the forum to be so useful when I had my Esprit and didn't want it to disappear.

It is, of course, each member's choice whether or not to become a paying member.  I don't see it as blackmail.  Rather I see it as paying to some benefits such as being able to post more pictures (although it's possible for us all to embed photos from photo hosting sites without being a member) not having banner adverts popping up, access to discounts, etc.

The thing is, we are all Lotus enthusiasts and are following your progress with interest and wish you all success with it.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

You are missing the point, obviously this forum has value. It is obviously fine to pay for content. Just when it comes down to the content, without pictures there is non. Without content the forum is worthless. I do not know about you folks, but would you pay your self to make content, I will not! I have many cars I can always put the effort to some other forum.

Edited by Osku

1 hour ago, Osku said:

You are missing the point, obviously this forum has value. It is obviously fine to pay for content. Just when it comes down to the content, without pictures there is non. Without content the forum is worthless. I do not know about you folks, but would you pay your self to make content, I will not! I have many cars I can always put the effort to some other forum.

OK. Basically what you are saying is that you are happy to sponge off the efforts of someone who has created and maintain this forum. Why should @Bibs do all this for nothing? Would you do all the work for nothing?  If it's not for you then fine. Jog on!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Can’t beat a free ride @C8RKH 

sadly in this world - there are some that never wish to give.

Maybe it’s the cost of beer in Finland that keeps folks away from buying a round.

Only here once

Just get the thread closed then. Personally I do not see what the issue is or do we all need to agree on everything in these modern times?

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!