Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eltech front access fitted yesterday... - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Eltech front access fitted yesterday...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That looks very, very nice Dirk. If you don't mind me asking what was the lead time from order to delivery?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Well , mine was the  first to be made, so he had to make the molding (took several months) shipped to me with UPS , came home damaged,shipped it back to Italy , repaired it (took 2 months) shipped it back to me with UPS ,came home broken again , shipped it back to Italy , made me a complete new one for free , and 3th time shipping was a succes ,so all together it took me around 14 months :-) ..Eltech products are really nice but I think you have to wait at least 2 months (if you're lucky)

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, dixie v6 said:

Well , mine was the  first to be made, so he had to make the molding (took several months) shipped to me with UPS , came home damaged,shipped it back to Italy , repaired it (took 2 months) shipped it back to me with UPS ,came home broken again , shipped it back to Italy , made me a complete new one for free , and 3th time shipping was a succes ,so all together it took me around 14 months 🙂 ..Eltech products are really nice but I think you have to wait at least 2 months (if you're lucky)

14 months?? Many people don't keep these cars for that long! I admire your patience!

13 hours ago, dixie v6 said:

Yes , I'm a patient guy , but it was mainly the fault of UPS , took them 3 times to ship to me without breaking it ....

How long would it have taken had they not broken the first one?

Ciao a tutti

the normal delivery time is 3/4 weeks from confirmed the order.
the problem have with Dixie is very particular,in first is new parts and to realzied the mould, the first front access sent, was in perfect delivery time to according!

but with problems to broken,more time for received the part from UPS and insureance have passed more time!

i have realzied the big box dedicated for the front access and garantie the correct shipping processing!

best regards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, wheel arch liners must be removed to be able to remove the left and right black plastic thingy.  The upper left and right pins are reused, as is the locking pin.  For the front, your new access panel should come with new pins as the original ones are bonded to the to-be-removed mesh.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2019 at 17:21, Kristof Thys said:

Saw this in person; great quality stuff!!  Fits very snug (I guess somewhat "lower" than OEM, but that's a good thing in this case).  We might do a side-by-side comparison with the WinAce front access panel 😉

Can you describe what you mean with "lower" than OEM? 

The elise shop panel looks like the red part at the front is higher than OEM 🤔

Eltech acces should be the same as the oem Lotus one,because I bought the fiberglass one at Komotec (and this was advertised as oem)sended it to Italy and Matteo made the same one in carbon fibre for me.....

• Like 1