Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Loxus Eclat V8 - Page 7 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Loxus Eclat V8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Nick, congratulations on your build. I have been toying with the idea of a v8 conversion in my Excel, in part because Australia isn't exactly the easiest place to get parts for the excel and secondly I just want to!! Now that you are able to drive it, are you happy with your decision to go the Lexus route or with the benefit of hindsight would you have chosen a different v8? I'd love to get your opinion.....Kemal

9 hours ago, Doc711 said:

Hey Nick, congratulations on your build. I have been toying with the idea of a v8 conversion in my Excel, in part because Australia isn't exactly the easiest place to get parts for the excel and secondly I just want to!! Now that you are able to drive it, are you happy with your decision to go the Lexus route or with the benefit of hindsight would you have chosen a different v8? I'd love to get your opinion.....Kemal

Hi Kemal,

The Lexus was the only V8 I considered due to its popularity for conversions which meant it has great parts availability. I did consider a V6 Jag but went the whole hog and plumped for a V8. The later/larger 4.3 3UZ is a no brainer over the earlier 4.0 1UZ and should be easily sourced in Oz. You'll want a rear sump setup, Soarer exhaust manifolds and a 5spd (Getrag 260) forom a BMW E30 with its overdive 5th gear. The front crossmember will likely need modifying to get the engine low enough and it position will be dictated by the steering rack and the propshaft hole in the chassis. If I were to do this again I'd definitely start with an Excel rather than an Eclat as I reckon it'd be much easier with its Toyota links.

Cheers,

Nick

2 hours ago, Nickp1 said:

Hi Kemal,

The Lexus was the only V8 I considered due to its popularity for conversions which meant it has great parts availability. I did consider a V6 Jag but went the whole hog and plumped for a V8. The later/larger 4.3 3UZ is a no brainer over the earlier 4.0 1UZ and should be easily sourced in Oz. You'll want a rear sump setup, Soarer exhaust manifolds and a 5spd (Getrag 260) forom a BMW E30 with its overdive 5th gear. The front crossmember will likely need modifying to get the engine low enough and it position will be dictated by the steering rack and the propshaft hole in the chassis. If I were to do this again I'd definitely start with an Excel rather than an Eclat as I reckon it'd be much easier with its Toyota links.

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks for he reply Nick. I'll let you know which way I go.