Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of the Evora in the USA - Page 3 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of the Evora in the USA

Ccd

12 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Sorry mate, $117k is not a bargain here in America. Specially when you can get the new Carrera 911S (widebody), 443 bhp, $113,300.

Of course we can compared 1 and 2 year old used 400. You can find cars for 85k or less and they have no more than 3k miles on them.  Example this one with only 700 miles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Evora/133025958795?hash=item1ef8f70b8b%3Ag%3AwV0AAOSwqU9ct9~T&LH_ItemCondition=3000|1000|2500

There are no more cars advertised at MSRP. All Evora 400 in the states are price at invoice or lower. 

Here is the only one advertised as brand new. 2018 Evora 400 $105,000 from $113,000. Probably by the end of the year this car will be under 100k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Evora-400/254193198478?hash=item3b2f18658e%3Ag%3A-JwAAOSwVZ1cq1-v&LH_ItemCondition=3000|1000|2500

Which shows how overpriced the 400 is at $85k or so when you can get a evora for under $40k

one would expect with how these cars sell, a new GT will be similarly discounted.  As someone stated with the new c8 hitting the showrooms soon and with the price of many of the P  cars.... tough  sell at full MSRP, I just doubt the new GT  will be sold at or anywhere close to sticker.  The evora has never been a $100k plus car despite its MSRP putting it there.

I don’t see how you can compare prices on 1-2 yr old used 400’s and only consider new GT car at MSRP.  Does anyone ever pay full msrp for a evora?  Why would that suddenly change?

Sorry dude, 85k is not a bad price for a Lotus 400 with very low miles and warranty. There are no S1 Evoras NA for under 40k. Unless those have rebuilt titles.

The GT is a different story. It is a new car with plenty of CF. So, they will retail it at higher price. The Evora 400 is not a 100k but it is not a 60k car either. Yes, when these exotic, low number cars come out they are sold at MSRP. You have to wait 1-2 yrs to see good discounts. Unless you are trading something similar. I can compare the Evora 400 to the Evora GT any time. They are about the same.

• Gold FFM

Some additional context to this thread.  I ordered an Evora GT and my price with options was well over $130K US.  The car will not have the J hook brakes or Olins.  Seats were unknown at the time of my order as they still needed to crash test it.  I got a call today and was told that the front splitter did not pass the crash test.  Without that the rear wing was also removed.  I asked for pics of what the car would look like and got some renderings.  The car looks like a 430 sport with a 400 front bumper on it.  Still no word on seats.  Very frustrating.

I asked for my deposit back.

Roy

Instagram: @tpupnomad

1980 Lotus Esprit S2

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Some other stuff  🤠

10 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Sorry dude, 85k is not a bad price for a Lotus 400 with very low miles and warranty. There are no S1 Evoras NA for under 40k. Unless those have rebuilt titles.

The GT is a different story. It is a new car with plenty of CF. So, they will retail it at higher price. The Evora 400 is not a 100k but it is not a 60k car either. Yes, when these exotic, low number cars come out they are sold at MSRP. You have to wait 1-2 yrs to see good discounts. Unless you are trading something similar. I can compare the Evora 400 to the Evora GT any time. They are about the same.

Here is a 400 at msrp, there are numerous others

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=512662090&zip=45410&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45410%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceDESC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Don%26modelCodeList%3DEVORA%26makeCodeList%3DLOTUS%26searchRadius%3D0&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=EVORA&makeCodeList=LOTUS&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=LOTUS&modelCode1=EVORA&clickType=listing

Here is a evora under $40k clean title (according to add) and low miles, under 10k

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=506302951&zip=45410&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45410%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceDESC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D75%26marketExtension%3Don%26modelCodeList%3DEVORA%26makeCodeList%3DLOTUS%26searchRadius%3D0&numRecords=25&firstRecord=75&modelCodeList=EVORA&makeCodeList=LOTUS&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=LOTUS&modelCode1=EVORA&clickType=listing

Here is a $69k 400

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=501298746&zip=45410&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45410%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceDESC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D50%26marketExtension%3Don%26modelCodeList%3DEVORA%26makeCodeList%3DLOTUS%26searchRadius%3D0%26trimCodeList%3DEVORA%7C400&numRecords=25&firstRecord=50&modelCodeList=EVORA&makeCodeList=LOTUS&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=LOTUS&modelCode1=EVORA&clickType=listing

The GT to me isn’t a new car, it’s just a evolution of the platform.  Obviously we can compare them to whatever we want, comparing full msrp to a model that we do not even know all the specs for bs the  street price on a model that seems to have a hard time selling....

28 minutes ago, TpupNomad said:

Some additional context to this thread.  I ordered an Evora GT and my price with options was well over $130K US.  The car will not have the J hook brakes or Olins.  Seats were unknown at the time of my order as they still needed to crash test it.  I got a call today and was told that the front splitter did not pass the crash test.  Without that the rear wing was also removed.  I asked for pics of what the car would look like and got some renderings.  The car looks like a 430 sport with a 400 front bumper on it.  Still no word on seats.  Very frustrating.

Roy

Well that’s a big bummer!  Crazy that they are still working on crash standards/regulations with the car when it’s suppose to be stateside in a few months.  I read it was like $30k for the ohlins suspension..... 

w/o that rear spoiler and updated front end, not sure where the added cost comes from.  30hp isn’t worth a $10k or so premium..... sounds like the car will be very difficult for dealers to move.... 

7 hours ago, TpupNomad said:

The car looks like a 430 sport with a 400 front bumper on it.  Still no word on seats.  Very frustrating.

So basically the closer example of what it will look like and is specified like is the 410 Sport with the GT rear bumper!  For $130k I am not surprised you have asked for your deposit back and to be honest I think you have been pretty poorly treated. Until it can confirm the spec lotus should not be trying to sell these cars in my opinion. it is just going to do them more harm than good in the long run in my very humble opinion.

I do hope you can wait Roy for a wee while until Lotus sort out the approvals and then can order with "certainty" as they really are cracking cars.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yep that is a bit crap from Lotus.  Totally agree they should've have been certain the spec they are selling to customers fully passes the US requirements.  Looks very bad and tarnishes your reputation when people have paid deposits and then you cannot deliver what you have promised.  I presume the US customers putting down deposits where not aware the car was not fully certified and spec could change?

22 hours ago, Luc2000 said:

FYI, a new GT410 costs €180k (~$200k, GBP ~155k) in the Netherlands...

(although to be fair, almost all cars are more expensive here)

It never used to be that way Luc!  For years my Dad used to buy his rhd cars from Belgium and Holland as he would get them 15%-20% cheaper than in the UK. Indeed many dealers had "dedicated" sales staff to deal with Uk buyers and they were quite happy to supply any make of car in RHD format. Maybe those good times will come back with Brexit....    hahahahahaha.......

22 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Sorry mate, $117k is not a bargain here in America. Specially when you can get the new Carrera 911S (widebody), 443 bhp, $113,300.

Yeah, but then everyone would just assume you were a dentist, an accountant, or a plastic surgeon.....    😱😝

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

11 hours ago, NC25T said:

Here is a 400 at msrp, there are numerous others

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=512662090&zip=45410&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45410%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceDESC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Don%26modelCodeList%3DEVORA%26makeCodeList%3DLOTUS%26searchRadius%3D0&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=EVORA&makeCodeList=LOTUS&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=LOTUS&modelCode1=EVORA&clickType=listing

Here is a evora under $40k clean title (according to add) and low miles, under 10k

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=506302951&zip=45410&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45410%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceDESC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D75%26marketExtension%3Don%26modelCodeList%3DEVORA%26makeCodeList%3DLOTUS%26searchRadius%3D0&numRecords=25&firstRecord=75&modelCodeList=EVORA&makeCodeList=LOTUS&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=LOTUS&modelCode1=EVORA&clickType=listing

Here is a $69k 400

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=501298746&zip=45410&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45410%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceDESC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D50%26marketExtension%3Don%26modelCodeList%3DEVORA%26makeCodeList%3DLOTUS%26searchRadius%3D0%26trimCodeList%3DEVORA%7C400&numRecords=25&firstRecord=50&modelCodeList=EVORA&makeCodeList=LOTUS&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=LOTUS&modelCode1=EVORA&clickType=listing

The GT to me isn’t a new car, it’s just a evolution of the platform.  Obviously we can compare them to whatever we want, comparing full msrp to a model that we do not even know all the specs for bs the  street price on a model that seems to have a hard time selling....

Well that’s a big bummer!  Crazy that they are still working on crash standards/regulations with the car when it’s suppose to be stateside in a few months.  I read it was like $30k for the ohlins suspension..... 

w/o that rear spoiler and updated front end, not sure where the added cost comes from.  30hp isn’t worth a $10k or so premium..... sounds like the car will be very difficult for dealers to move.... 

...….The 2011 that you showed is very likely a rebuilt titles or wrecked. I know I live in South Florida and that place sell cars like that. The Evora 400 at $69,995 practically $70k is a good deal. Maybe there are 2-3 at most like that in the whole US.  So, what is your issue with Lotus cars? If you think those are low prices then go for one of those.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

It never used to be that way Luc!  For years my Dad used to buy his rhd cars from Belgium and Holland as he would get them 15%-20% cheaper than in the UK. Indeed many dealers had "dedicated" sales staff to deal with Uk buyers and they were quite happy to supply any make of car in RHD format. Maybe those good times will come back with Brexit....    hahahahahaha.......

Yeah, but then everyone would just assume you were a dentist, an accountant, or a plastic surgeon.....    😱😝

I'm Ok being a Plastic Surgeon. 😁................Accountants can't afford a new 911Carrera S. Unless they are CFO...Dentist? hahaha...they drive the typical BMW, Lexus, Audi or MB.

12 hours ago, TpupNomad said:

Roy

Damn, Sorry about that man....that sounds like a bait and switch to me. I understand 100% your decision to ask for your deposit back.

• Gold FFM

Regarding the car I'll wait and see what the final spec and pricing looks like and then consider it.  Love the look of the 430, 400 not so much.  I agree that Lotus Cars USA and/or Lotus Cars has not handled this well.  I've ordered many, many cars and this experience is not optimal.  In my experience with other brands, primarily Porsche, you put down a deposit on a "hot" car well before it is released.  When it's released and the dealer gets an allocation you build and submit your order.  In this case I put a deposit down on the Evora 430 based on rumor.  I then got a call and an order sheet that had to be back to Lotus in 24-48 hours.  At that point I had no pics and no specs or pricing.  A week or so later I got specs and pricing (I think from another dealer).  In typical Lotus fashion I got the call yesterday regarding the front and spoiler and was told I needed to re-submit or confirm my order in 24 hours.  Again, I had to ask for pics to see what the car would look like and I got a rendering which looks like Photoshop or something.  I know of several US deposits that have asked for their money back.  I think Lotus would have better luck with an organized approach including full specs, pricing and pics.

Instagram: @tpupnomad

1980 Lotus Esprit S2

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Some other stuff  🤠

Goodness. Typical Lotus customer service, and they wonder why they can't sell more than 1600 cars worldwide per year. 

Personally I really like my Evora 400, it is much better than my previous 2013 Evora NA. I don't think I could pay 130k for the Evora GT. I don't believe will have much more hp than my current car and for me the CF is not a must. Actually, I was thinking about a new 2020 Porsche Carrera S (443 hp, MSRP $113,300 plus options) and it comes now like the Turbo, with a wide body. 

20 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

...….The 2011 that you showed is very likely a rebuilt titles or wrecked. I know I live in South Florida and that place sell cars like that. The Evora 400 at $69,995 practically $70k is a good deal. Maybe there are 2-3 at most like that in the whole US.  So, what is your issue with Lotus cars? If you think those are low prices then go for one of those.

I have no issues with Lotus, been waiting on specs of the GT to be released before I decide to go that direction or a 2018, I like all the carbon bits..... 

i have no clue On that dealership in Florida, at autotrader there were a handful under $40k.  

Yes a few at $70k

So the US GT is a disgrace.  I had the best opportunity last week at Lotus.  I signed up for the Lotus driving school.  It was worth every Euro. Get a flight and go take it.

Since I have a Evora GT on order I arranged a factory tour. On the original timeframe. I should have had a car in the middle of production.  I knew it was delayed but the trip was booked.  I’ve dreamed of going to Lotus and it didn’t disappoint. Bucket list checked.

Some really great people work at Lotus. I have met them.  While there I inquired about my car. I was able to see the full US spec. Car. First view I was very disappointed. I still am.  It’s a 400 with a few bits and a new lower price. So basically they are trying to sell a 5 year old model design with a few extra horsepower.  I wanted a 430GT. I’ve waited. I Did put deposit down knowing it only had 422hp for America. Who cares. Horsepower! That’s a easy fix. 

After agreeing to spend over $150k US with Tax (VAT. Let’s keep the number even with europe) I’m not getting anything near what was on the order sheet. Now the car will be around $138k with VAT.  I can order a non optioned version for $120k with VAT. The problem is that it’s the same model now as the 400.  The front bumper is from a 400 then it’s a 400.  I can buy a new 400 in America for $83k with VAT.  Why would I buy this car? It has no collectors value. It’s not the ultimate example of this model Evora. It is not a GT430 or GTsport.  It is competing with cars for resale value that are selling with a $12k rebate matched by another $12k off from the dealer.  

I can’t buy this car because if I sold it. I would take a giant loss. A bath as they say.   So unless Lotus wakes up and gives the US market the correct car, Then this is not a safe car to buy for the money. 

‘This is a bait and switch. 

I’m disappointed.  I’ve even been told buy a Lotus rep that I had the wrong information when I ordered the car.  I have the order sheet. Blaming a customer is embarrassing and wrong. Talk about a spin by insulting a customer.

‘I’ve been told by Lotus employees that they are a great engineering company. Yet, they can’t engineer a car to pass a crash test for America. That is not a loss of engineering expertise. That’s a lack of caring. 

Ive dreamed of owning a Lotus since I was a kid. Now it looks like it won’t be a Evora GT.

Edited by ken2020
  • Like 1

Reading this thread makes me feel that unless you live here and are keen on following the Evora market, you will have no idea how  chaotic it is.  

From what I can glean US delivery of the GT has again been pushed back.  This on a specification I'm still unclear about but  comes off sounding like a US spec 410 to me.  I think that is essentially what the extra carbon infused top spec  '18s look and are priced at.  The real differences start to blur to me which confuses the equation.   Regardless, if one thinks any of these sell at MSRP here, one would be mistaken so adding to the questions are notions that pricing is mercurial if not unstable.  The differences between the '17, '18 and whatever the GT may be  all seem unimportant if what one wants is the driving experience.  The notion of rarity as respects Lotus is a given and the effect on the hoi polloi is the same so poseurs need go no further than the 400.  

At some point good 4xxs of any specification may start to level off or even go up in price but for now and here, pricing for any 4XX derivative has to take into account the price of the  least expensive new '17 Evora 400 because frankly, in this country no matter how much you hold your nose, shake your head and say no no no, it doesn't matter what they call it.  What you are going to get is very (very very) heavily based on the Evora 400.  

The "used Evora 400s" on the market are almost all being offered by dealers.  What used means (in the context of car with 46 miles and a warranty) is a matter for debate.  But nonetheless I think this is what the market baseline is  for late model/new Lotus cars in most American cities.  

It's more of a problem for Lotus than it is for me.  This isn't the time to have been an early adopter and then be offering my car for sale so as long as I enjoy it, the market price this morning  is meaningless to me.  If I was a new buyer in the market, I'd be looking at the new or slightly dusty '17s and '18s that can be had in excellent specification at prices in the mid 70s and up for a new car and just a tad bit less for used ones, whatever that term implies.  As I said, I think It's no time to be selling a 400 as the first owner/early adopter.  Buying a similar one would be hard to do a second time for me.   The new 'Vette could very well be a disrupter but I love my car so I'll keep it for now.  

Lotus has a lot of work here to sell a new car so similar to the old one for more money.  I don't know who the customer is.  

• Like 1

'17 Evora 400 MT 

3 hours ago, ken2020 said:

So the US GT is a disgrace.  I had the best opportunity last week at Lotus.  I signed up for the Lotus driving school.  It was worth every Euro. Get a flight and go take it.

Since I have a Evora GT on order I arranged a factory tour. On the original timeframe. I should have had a car in the middle of production.  I knew it was delayed but the trip was booked.  I’ve dreamed of going to Lotus and it didn’t disappoint. Bucket list checked.

Some really great people work at Lotus. I have met them.  While there I inquired about my car. I was able to see the full US spec. Car. First view I was very disappointed. I still am.  It’s a 400 with a few bits and a new lower price. So basically they are trying to sell a 5 year old model design with a few extra horsepower.  I wanted a 430GT. I’ve waited. I Did put deposit down knowing it only had 422hp for America. Who cares. Horsepower! That’s a easy fix. 

After agreeing to spend over $150k US with Tax (VAT. Let’s keep the number even with europe) I’m not getting anything near what was on the order sheet. Now the car will be around $138k with VAT.  I can order a non optioned version for $120k with VAT. The problem is that it’s the same model now as the 400.  The front bumper is from a 400 then it’s a 400.  I can buy a new 400 in America for $83k with VAT.  Why would I buy this car? It has no collectors value. It’s not the ultimate example of this model Evora. It is not a GT430 or GTsport.  It is competing with cars for resale value that are selling with a $12k rebate matched by another $12k off from the dealer.  

I can’t buy this car because if I sold it. I would take a giant loss. A bath as they say.   So unless Lotus wakes up and gives the US market the correct car, Then this is not a safe car to buy for the money. 

‘This is a bait and switch. 

I’m disappointed.  I’ve even been told buy a Lotus rep that I had the wrong information when I ordered the car.  I have the order sheet. Blaming a customer is embarrassing and wrong. Talk about a spin by insulting a customer.

‘I’ve been told by Lotus employees that they are a great engineering company. Yet, they can’t engineer a car to pass a crash test for America. That is not a loss of engineering expertise. That’s a lack of caring. 

Ive dreamed of owning a Lotus since I was a kid. Now it looks like it won’t be a Evora GT.

Damn, that is just awful. Indeed, a bait and switch. I always said, that Lotus doesn't care about the US market. 

Lotus is dressing the Evora 400 as something else for 2020. I guess they believe US customers are stupid and will get the car just because it is more expensive and a little different? HAHAHA

Edited by CharlieBrown

US customers are stupid if they think Lotus doesn’t care about their market!

Its a front bumper away from a euro GT430 Sport. Ohlins are available for those that really want them from the UK importers, same for J-hooks, they should be available from AP Racing. Failing that, fit even better aftermarket rotors.

If Lotus didn’t care they’d have fitted the rear wing anyway and sold a car with an aero imbalance. Evidently they do because the lack of wing will cost them sales. Which brings us neatly back to customer intelligence again.

Edited by Brian Braddock

We are stupid. You are correct. We are stupid for wanting the same car that the rest of the world can buy.

The problem with the Evora is Lotus and their lack of effort in the US.  Selling a model with a 3-5 year old front end is unsatisfactory at best. Most dealers have 2 cars a manual and a automatic. The manual sold. The automatics didn’t.  The cars are a mix of parts. Then they wonder why. Why do they have 2 year old cars sitting unsold. One 400 comes with one rear deck, then the next 400  comes with a different deck without a update or notice. It’s whatever parts they have in the bins.

American consumers have the internet. We can see what the rest of the world gets for updates.  If they were doing their job, then the 430GT would have been available for the world. Not the world except North America. 

When a company doesn’t update a car for a specific model then the resale market drops.  I didn’t order a 400. I didn’t order a 410.  I ordered and was presented a order form for a Evora 430 with 422hp.  Now it’s turned into a Evora 400 without notice. That is a problem.  

As a Lotus employee commented to me. "The US market. Why do we bother!"

Shouldn't all your anger and frustration be directed towards your Federal crash legistlation? This is nothing new.

1108834-1024.jpg.5d9fb0e97326fab9f9d1e0704a01ebc5.jpg

2N0A6491.thumb.jpg.c2c15413817652f463b69deed9ec085c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

from reading the above post about the us ordering spec, just wow..  surely that cant be right? looks like   chaotic way to run a business.. = epic fail

surely lotus must have an open dialogue with its dealers? to advise on weekly progress and spec so that they can advise the clients..  we have internet and emails last time i checked?

• Haha 1

I know I’ve been hard on Lotus here, but let’s be realistic.  Lotus has a skeletal dealership network in the US and only one car to sell.  And that one car has never sold in any numbers in this country.  There isn’t much financial incentive to do more than the absolute minimum in terms of getting the Evora past US crash regulations because you are unlikely to make the money back.  Given these apparent realities, the Evora GT is not likely to differ much from the 2017-18 Evora 400s.  The GT is just a placeholder for Lotus because they cannot afford to leave the US market again, so they have to have something to sell.

I’m waiting for the first car that Lotus actually gets behind and that car will, at the earliest, be the “new” sports car to be released around 2020.  

So what to do until then?  Prices are lightly used 400s are breaking under $70,000.  Personally, I’d wait until they start breaking under $60,000 before considering one.  Why?  Well what I have seen in looking at Evora prices is that the pre-400 Evoras have dropped to the $40,000-$50,000 range and they pretty much stop depreciating from there.  My guess is that the 400 will depreciate into the $50,000-$60,000 range and pretty much sit in that range, so buying a 400 in that range will offer minimal depreciation if not some appreciation eventually.  I’d go this route or wait for new sports car in 2020.

I am really sorry to hear about the new Evora GT being such a letdown after all.  I was on the early 'preorder' list and when they presented us with the option list, it was apparent that the car just simply wasn't going to be much different than my 400 so I got off the list.  Now to hear that the nose will be the 400 nose etc makes it even more of a letdown.  With very few options as I would have spec'd it, the price would have been about $50k more than I paid for my new 400 last May (got it for almost 1/4 off MSRP) and there was no way that made any sense to me.  

So what is the answer for Lotus in the US?  I think part of it needs to be more brand awareness by getting the car to more magazines and car vloggers.  I let a friend drive mine last weekend, a guy who gets to drive all sorts of hot cars such as GT3RS, Ferraris, etc and he was absolutely blown away by the 400 (he now is genuinely considering getting one).  He had no idea the car was as amazing to drive as it is and that is the problem right there - even big time car guys have no awareness of Lotus.  They need to do a better job with PR basically.

IMHO, if Lotus was going to push the Evora in the USA with PR or other marketing efforts, they would have done so by now.  My best guess is that their push is to re-position the brand.  Hence the hypercar.  The 2020 sports car will probably be part of the re-positioning as well and it is likely to get PR support.

I just don’t see Lotus getting behind the Evora in the US

On 23/04/2019 at 02:35, C8RKH said:

@CharlieBrown your understanding is not correct. As @NC25T says the GT is based on the Evora 410 Sport and is an evolution of it. The main difference to the 410 Sport is the new front and rear bumpers.  So, over the "standard" 410 you get that lovely extra carbon (front flap, roof, ducktail boot), some additional weight loss, retuned suspension, etc. ...

But the 410 released in the US included the cf front flap, roof, ducktail hatch, quarter window inserts, and same retuned suspension and LWT lithium battery as standard.  The new GT  has roof and front flap as options, along with no lithium battery option or quarter window inserts.

Oh wow, so I was wrong - sorry about that I really thought (assumed) the new GT had the carbon roof and flap. Apologies. WTF is LOTUS playing at then.....!

The small print.