Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Elan M100 30th Birthday Celebrations - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Elan M100 30th Birthday Celebrations

theelanman

Castle Combe 24/25/26th May

a Celebration of the 30th Birthday of the Lotus Elan M100

Castle Combe itinerary .
FRIDAY. 
For those who are around we have an early evening beer in town at the smoking dog pub. has a garden beer festival and foodie thing.

SATURDAY 

TO CELEBRATE THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE LOTUS ELAN M100.........AND
FOR OUR 20th ANNIVERSARY OF LOTUS ELAN CENTRAL WE ARE PLEASED TO CELEBRATE THE LAUNCH OF THE ELAN M100.

JOINING US FOR THIS VERY IMPORTANT MILESTONE IN THE HISTORY OF LOTUS AND THE PRODUCTION OF THE M100 WILL BE :-

MIKE KIMBERLEY : EX LOTUS CEO 

PETER STEVENS : STYLIST

BARRIE WILLS : M100 PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR 

PHILIPPE ADAMS : LOTUS TYPE 109 FORMULA ONE DRIVER AND M100 OWNER

Amongst the 30+ of us signed up for the M100 show area, there will be 4 featured cars :- TO BE USED IN 3X MAGAZINE ARTICLES 

Initial Build 10 - One of the first cars built and thought to be the last Elan to leave the factory Justin 
1 (of the 129 built) Normally Aspirated Elans CAR STILL WANTED PLEASE 
1 (of the 3726 built) SE Elans Trevor 
1 (of the 801 built / 500 RHD UK - JAP - OZ Spec) S2 Elans Nick 

Possibly en route 
1 (of the 801 built / 300 LHD European Spec) S2 Elans Philippe 

BREAKFAST / CONVOY / DAY / CURRY

Schedule for the day :-

08:00 Convoy congregates for Breakfast at M4 J17 http://www.chippenhampitstop.com/our-menu#.XK-GBK3Mw1g

09:00 Convoy to Castle Combe. Elan M100 convoy to Castle Combe via some beautiful Cotswold villages Enright to Co-ordinate 

Arrive Castle Combe , Park in Elan only section (left hand side) Put Kettle on , hand out purchases , have a good ole chat / catch up 

10:15 M100 best in show award. ( hopefully awarded by VIP's if they are out of bed !)

10:30 - 11:00 Informal talk with featured IB10, NA, SE, & S2 on M100 and LEC in the M100 area.

11:00 - 11:15 The cutting of the 20 years / 30th years cake(s) . Kettle on again .

11:15 - 12:15 M100 photo opportunity for Car + Owner + VIPs via Jim Gainsford ( Circuit photographer ) Back row only. photos developed on site for signing later.

12:30 Line up for M100 featured car track parade lap x3.

14:30 - 16:00 M100 presentation at the Strawford Centre. Short introduction by Mike Kimberley then presentations by Peter Stevens & Barrie Wills.

16:00 - 16:30 Q&A With Mike Kimberley, Peter Stevens, Barrie Wills, Philippe Adams and possibly others.

16:30 - 17:00 VIP photograph signing.

19:00 Curry Club with VIP's and Clemo's super LEC/M100 quiz with Prize . at the SpiceMerchant

http://www.spicemerchantrestaurant.co.uk/index.html

SUNDAY . Breakfast club.

To complete our wonderful Elan weekend what could be nicer that saying goodbye over a cuppa tea / coffee and a bacon ( veggie version if required ) sandwich on Sunday morning.

Well as luck would have it we have a wonderful opportunity for such a thing . With help once again from our in house organiser Saltire / Jonathan. He has organised :

- table for as many people as we want (within reason) in a private room
- orange juice, unlimited tea/coffee/toast, full English breakfast (veggie options available)
- all food cooked to order
- flat cost of £10 per head (normally £12.95)
- secure, off-Street Elan parking, plus photo opportunities in front of a listed Cotswold stone building
All this and charming intelligent company as well. What more could you want?

Final numbers will need to go to the hotel a week beforehand, so still plenty of time to join in.

Really looking forward to this . Thank you everyone for being part of it and making it happen . A gathering is nothing without the people .

For those of you interested in the posh camping at Burton Hill, Malmesbury (as opposed to the not so posh camping at CC circuit :lol: ) there is a big field with great views of the town, clean showers and bogs etc.... If there was enough interest I'm sure we could get a corner, or the whole overspill field reserved for us. I spoke to the person that ran the site last year and already primed her for an influx of LEC'rs and they don't mind large, well behaved "mature" groups of people. There are electrical hook ups too for those coming in their Winnebago's, Hymer's, caravans etc.... It gets an 8/10 rating and well deserved at that 😉

http://www.burtonhill.co.uk/

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Looking forward to this. 👍

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Looks fantastic, hope you have a great time.  If anyone spots my old BRG M100 SE registration J294 JUF I'd love to hear news and see pics.

On 15/05/2019 at 01:10, TomE said:

Looks fantastic, hope you have a great time.  If anyone spots my old BRG M100 SE registration J294 JUF I'd love to hear news and see pics.

MOT expired 20/12/18 and with only a few days to go is unlikely to be there.

• Thanks 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• 2 weeks later...