Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How many kg in AC? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How many kg in AC?

In my esprit I have to fill the air conditioning circuit every year.🙄 An old lotus dealer told me that this happened even when the cars were new.😮( he believes that the loss is too small to be able to find it easily)when I fill it the ac works fine for about a year, what about you?

However, someone knows exactly  how many kg of gas I have to put in the circuit

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had mine completely refilled with the R12 equiv. 1300g

If its just a top up watch the sight glass and do by eye. See here.....

Bottom of page.   

Try Hychill or whatever its equivalent is in Europe. It's an LPG based mix of gases. Refill with 1/3 weight of R12, bigger molecules and lower pressure so less likely to leak. Works for me here in our hotter aussie climate.

DanR

The AC  circuit is too big in the Esprit. I need charge with R134A (brute force over R12) every year, +/- in May.   For me, it is minus onerous recharge the system than dismount, search and repair !      So, with this method, I can survive the days of bigger temp. in Spain.  Probably, the leak at my car is in the evap. but work at this around is inimaginable by me.  New oil in compressor, inspect and change the O-rings accesible and enjoy 4 months, no more.