Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Air Intake System - Page 9 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Air Intake System

On 17/12/2019 at 08:32, Arun_D said:

@RoflOnMyWaffleGet it done Mike. I've just fitted one over the weekend, with Imran's silicone intake elbow. The supercharger noise is laugh-out-loud addictive, much louder than I was expecting, but in a good way. Great piece of kit and the powdercoat finish is spot-on. I'll get some photos this coming weekend hopefully.

Forgot to follow up with photos.

49258534273_b0ec12133d_b.jpg

49263288571_536d6d9476_b.jpg

I look forward to hearing the latest dyno feedback, Imran. My car certainly feels peppier. 

Edited by Arun_D
  • Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Just now, Five50 said:

Would the intake kit work on / be an enhancement on a 380?

I've not personally tested on a 380 so couldn't confirm one way or another. However I am aware of one customer who has installed on a 380 at his own risk and was positive on the result.

www.alias23.com

Hi Imran

i know you did a considerable amount of research into this but did you ever consider trialling a ram air type scoop and filter similar to this...? Just thinking in terms of heat soak and air path, which I’ve not looked into on these cars yet...so maybe they’re not starved in any way like other cars can be...

F15AB8C6-0C51-4FDB-BCF7-D793A6726FD0.jpeg

(happy for this to be deleted if it gets in the way of thread discussion)

Edited by Woots
Added info

23 hours ago, Woots said:

Hi Imran

i know you did a considerable amount of research into this but did you ever consider trialling a ram air type scoop and filter similar to this...? Just thinking in terms of heat soak and air path, which I’ve not looked into on these cars yet...so maybe they’re not starved in any way like other cars can be...

F15AB8C6-0C51-4FDB-BCF7-D793A6726FD0.jpeg

(happy for this to be deleted if it gets in the way of thread discussion)

The position of the filter is directly on top of the exit of the side intake scoop so it’s getting a lot of air already, it’s also far away from the engine bay, so heat soak isn’t really noticeable.

Dont get me wrong I’m sure there’s some but on track (15 min sessions) I’ve never noticed any decrease in performance or times through out the day.

The other challenge is as you add more ‘design and functional’ bits you complicate and in turn increase costs. So it’s a balance :)

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

15 minutes ago, alias23 said:

The position of the filter is directly on top of the exit of the side intake scoop so it’s getting a lot of air already, it’s also far away from the engine bay, so heat soak isn’t really noticeable.

Dont get me wrong I’m sure there’s some but on track (15 min sessions) I’ve never noticed any decrease in performance or times through out the day.

The other challenge is as you add more ‘design and functional’ bits you complicate and in turn increase costs. So it’s a balance :)

Thanks bro

Out of interest have you got a pic of the exit of the side intake without the filter in etc? 

3 minutes ago, Woots said:

Thanks bro

Out of interest have you got a pic of the exit of the side intake without the filter in etc? 

Here’s a pic of the back of the scoop, filter sits directly above the pipe coming out the top: 

YryQYys.jpg

OEM airbox has a pipe that attaches the the snorkle and into the box

• Like 1

With the KT air box there is a flexi pipe after the carbon filter box which is secured onto the “pipe” so the air is I guess forced in.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I think it makes no difference at all. The 'pressure' will be neglectible, especially because of the SC sucking in air. It might even create a venturi effect but evermore so much more turbulence. As most commercial aftermarket solution available don't use an air straightener, the MAF will read data in a turbulent airstream for the short term fuel trims to behave erratic. 

What is true is that the intaketemps go up on the CAI design whilst idle vs the OEM design or closed air box design. However, I see they drop down immediately when you start driving.  

IMO off course...

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, mikey k said:

When's the next batch of intakes please?

Hi unfortunately we sold out today... will look towards another pre order for a new batch when I get time. Ping me a message with your email and I’ll let you know when I do as they go quick! Thanks

www.alias23.com

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve opened another pre order of intakes, I’ll be limiting this batch to just five as it makes the production cycle easier for everyone. Thanks guys for the continued support.

www.alias23.com

Hi Imran, I fitted the air intake that I recently bought from you.

Great high quality product, easy to follow instructions although I managed without jacking the car up and taking the wheel off. 
My next order will be for a pair of those side mirrors as I hate the standard ones. I assume the installation is pretty straight forward again.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, notabene said:

I am going for dyno and remap this friday, I often get P0174 and P0171 so I hope we fix this with remap. 

Overall very happy with intake

Was it already leaning out or is this new with the intake? 

@notabene as per our messages some time back. I believe based on the map you have from Lotus (there are many many variation of maps on the V6S), it would seem it doesn't like the ITG. I've had a similar problem with a minority of folks who have bought the intake circa 6 people out of around 80 kits sold.

We have a second filter type which is less enthusiastic lets say than the ITG, I've found this generally resolves the problem, the replacement filter is a free of charge replacement. Ping me if you'd like me to send you one :)

www.alias23.com

20 minutes ago, alias23 said:

@notabene as per our messages some time back. I believe based on the map you have from Lotus (there are many many variation of maps on the V6S), it would seem it doesn't like the ITG. I've had a similar problem with a minority of folks who have bought the intake circa 6 people out of around 80 kits sold.

We have a second filter type which is less enthusiastic lets say than the ITG, I've found this generally resolves the problem, the replacement filter is a free of charge replacement. Ping me if you'd like me to send you one :)

Thanks for info buddy. I already decided to do the remap, its 800eur for 2hrs on dyno.. I am also going to corner weight the car etc.. 

will. post results

9 hours ago, notabene said:

I am going for dyno and remap this friday, I often get P0174 and P0171 so I hope we fix this with remap. 

Overall very happy with intake

If you don't mind me asking and my lack of knowledge :). What does P0174 and P0171 stand for? Also, what will be done during the remap? 

1 minute ago, PJ said:

If you don't mind me asking and my lack of knowledge :). What does P0174 and P0171 stand for? Also, what will be done during the remap? 

I think its system too lean. So more fuel during remap should fix it..