Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
why would the BBC print this - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

why would the BBC print this

pete

• Gold FFM

What an utter load of tosh.

The bbc are becoming a complete joke. Folks need to cancel their tv licenses on mass now

• Like 1

Only here once

Instead of leading with the increased investment from abroad due to the weaker pound with the added tax receipts, they go with a teacher doesn't buy a round anymore. :no

And why is that particular couple of any significance to the country as a whole? As they are teachers living in London, I would imagine the majority of their earnings will be spent on living expenses, in pounds. So the only effect for them on a weak pound is when they take trips home to Spain, the same effect as for the rest of us travelling abroad. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Because the Trumpster had put nothing of any interest on Twitter?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just bought a house in Spain and the fluctuations cost me the price of a shiny new Motorbike......

First world problems, I know, but I’ve been carefully following the rate as I now have a Spanish account and Spanish mortgage with my only income from my UK business.

The rate is currently intrinsically linked to Brexit with lows occurring any time a risk of no deal is considered likely and spikes whenever the concept of a second referendum is aired.

I’m not sure why the outrage, the article is factually correct and the case study is just a demonstration of how some people are affected.........

I wanted a f*cking Ducati!!!!!! Dagnamit 

• Like 1

At one time when you read an article on the internet you would cross reference with the BBC to ensure that it was factually correct. These days, if I read something on the BBC I immediately check other sites.

A huge fall from grace.

All bollox anyway, because quite frankly even if the exchange rate was 1:1 unless you are in Norway or a ski resort etc it will still be cheaper to buy a round of drinks pretty much anywhere in Europe than it will be in London.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

2 minutes ago, Colin P said:

All bollox anyway, because quite frankly even if the exchange rate was 1:1 unless you are in Norway or a ski resort etc it will still be cheaper to buy a round of drinks pretty much anywhere in Europe than it will be in London.

Hotel in Reading - £6 for a beer, £12 for a glass of Pinot Grigio!  Not quite Oslo prices but getting close and nothing to do with fooking Brexit!  

It's all just propaganda bollocks in my very humble opinion.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

cheaper for a pint at FOS  £5.50   

• Like 1

All propoganda,   On a serious note the UK Goverment wants out the EU more than anything,    Getting away from the European court of human rights is the main thing and other countries security forces.

The UK goverment over the past decade, has done something that would make the KGB during the cold war era look like angels !

A

2 hours ago, silverfrost said:

All propoganda,   On a serious note the UK Goverment wants out the EU more than anything,    Getting away from the European court of human rights is the main thing and other countries security forces.

The UK goverment over the past decade, has done something that would make the KGB during the cold war era look like angels !

Why are you comparing a government to a security agency?  One sets policy, the other carries it out surely. So are you saying the UK Governments policies are akin to the old Soviet Governments? Which ones? I thought we'd only get these when Comrade Corbyn came to power :)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 05/07/2019 at 12:45, C8RKH said:

Hotel in Reading - £6 for a beer, £12 for a glass of Pinot Grigio!  Not quite Oslo prices but getting close and nothing to do with fooking Brexit!  

It's all just propaganda bollocks in my very humble opinion.

Go out. Plenty of decent drinking establishments in Reading. Never pay hotel prices.

25 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Go out. Plenty of decent drinking establishments in Reading. Never pay hotel prices.

I do!  Spending on average of 3 nights a week in a hotel in Reading for 2 years I can assure you I have tried just about every hostelry, drinking den, restaurant, cafe etc... :)

The small print.

House of Flavours is very good yes!  Start out at Wild Lime as the drinks are cheap, then work done Friar Street to the most superb Thai Corner restaurant!

And not a BBC journalist in sight lol....

The small print.