Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Colchester New Addition V8 Esprit! - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Colchester New Addition V8 Esprit!

CockneyPlayboy

Hi to you all, my name is Paul and I have just jumped onto your forum as I am now the proud owner of a V8 Esprit Twin Turbo!

I purchased her this afternoon and I am VERY happy with it!

I paid just

Edited by Bibs
Sale-Strip22222.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, she looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

SORRY JUST NOTICED THE NEWBIE SECTION!!!

No problem, Paul. We have the power to move you.

Lovely looking car. How does it compare to the Porsche? There are a few people on here who are not too keen on the Boxster.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Welcome Paul. Several of us quite close now, Me and James (Tentenths from your area) normally meet up to travel to our events, look forward to Hooning with you.

Any probs or queries with the site just ask a Mod. Enjoy reading some of the past posts, there are some crackers!

Nice VDub by the way, used to work for them for my sins!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The Boxster I have to admit did lack in the outright power department by I cannot fault the handling. I have had 28 cars now and not one of them holds a candle to the cornering ability or stickyness of the Porker... it seems just so perfectly weighted... I guess thats why they built the Cayman based on it!

Anthony, would be good to hook up when travelling to events etc... will keep an eye out for you both!

In process of changing my insurance company as they wanted EXTORTIONATE rates to swap cars over! Will have a look through the site now to see what are the recommendations... I was with Adrian Flux.

Sale-Strip22222.jpg

Great looking car Paul!

I think Yellow always suits the V8 .

I have replied to your PM ,I am literally the next village or so !

You are welcome to pop over once you get the car.

Well done.

Rich

Sport 350 :thumbsup:

Hi Paul.

Welcome to LEF and Esprit ownership. Looks like you've got yourself a cracking car :thumbsup:

I'm just up the road from you in Manningtree. Seem to be a growing number of Esprits in our neck of the woods. In fact, one or two us have just floated the idea of getting together for an informal natter/beer - clicky. Goes without saying that you'd be more than welcome to join us :rtfm:

As Kimbers has already said, the larger more organised meets are always good to attend too. Feel free to tag along with us on the next one.

James

Yes Im MORE than up for that one!

As I say I was searching for months and months for a TVR Cerbera but to no avail then I saw this and just fell in love with it as it was so well looked after and the owner had it for the last 7 years which speaks volumes in my book. It looks like it has never seen rain in its life! It is so clean and with a tiny 23k on the clock how could I pass it up? lol

I used to regularly attend the GTOUK essex meets so it would be nice to have a local one for the Lotus...

Sale-Strip22222.jpg

• Gold FFM

Hi Paul and welcome.

Looks a beauty from the pics you've posted and with that milage at that price, sounds like you got your self a good buy.

You mention cornering ability of the Porker. How does Esprit compare - would be very surprized if the Esprit didn't come out in the favouability stakes there. Don't think I've been in another road car that holds a corner like an Esprit.

Happy driving!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Paul, watch out for this man......Tentenths

IMGP2932.jpg

My normal view of James..............]

IMGP2889.jpg

Sometimes we hook up with some of the other of the more local members (by local I mean North of Londinium)

IMGP2717.jpg

Ben (lemoncurd) he's at Stanstead....he likes to take the scenic routes "over" rather than round the roundabouts there..... :thumbsup:

IMGP2722.jpg

look forward to adding a Hooning picture of you.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi Paul ,

welcome to the esprit nut house, its a nice looking flying custard V8 pie you have there. A good choice to lose the boxster, I whupped one in my little 2l GT3 esprit the other week and he was a boxster S (S for someday I will come out on top...LOL!)

See ya on a hoon!

Alex

Guest Troy Halliday

mmmmmmmmmm V8, nice!

My parents are moving to colchester on Friday and my sister moved there a few months ago so when I po up and see them I'll let you know.

Welcome to the forum , hope you have lots of fun with the custard Esprit

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Welcome to the Forum. I must say I'm jealous that you buy one and have quite a few neighbors around with Esprits. That just doesn't seem to happen in the States, at least not where I live. I know of one S3 an hour away and thats it! So don't take that for granted. Enjoy!

NSX - ESPRIT SE - 500SL -

FIERO INDY 500 - BMW 850CI(wifes)

10 sec IMPALA SS - TT C5 VETTE -

Very nice car Paul !

Feel free to post some more pictures :blink:

Have a lot of fun with it :welcome:

GREAT WELCOME ALL, THANKS!

yes I certainly will be getting plenty more pics of it up as soon as she's sitting pretty on my driveway!

(This is the man who was so anal he spent 10 hours detailing a car, 4 of which was in the engine bay alone for a Mitsubishi GTO club event!!!) :thumbup:

I'll certainly be hooking up with you guys soon. I have meetings all day tomorrow then at 4.30pm I head over to pick it up and bring it home! CANT WAIT!

Seems like a very friendly club and I'm sure I'll have a proper laugh getting to know all about you and the cars here!

Pauly

Just for your information here are a couple of pics of past motors ive had... (approaching nearly 30 cars!)

PorschePanoramic2.jpg

NewSidePicVAN.jpg

Car2engine.jpg

Car4.jpg

ZXandGTOfront.jpg

MR2rearWeb.jpg

MyJagDrive.jpg

coolzedarse.jpg

Sale-Strip22222.jpg

In process of changing my insurance company as they wanted EXTORTIONATE rates to swap cars over! Will have a look through the site now to see what are the recommendations... I was with Adrian Flux.

Hi Paul welcome. Very friendly palce and lots of knowledge........

I moved my insurance from Flux after some company car hassle, for the Esprit they quoted me

Edited by Setras

I used my Sport 350 as a daily driver last year until Christmas when the tax ran out.It seemed to do it good but Friday nights on the M25 took the enjoyment out of it.Not just the traffic but also people wanting to race ,cut you up etc etc.

Anyway I did 4000 miles 3000 in 3 months ,not the cheapest miles I have ever done but the other choice was my 4.4 Range Rover so either way I was only going to do 17 to the gallon so it may as well be in the Lotus .

They benefit from being used but budget for running a supercar!! I had a late 928 in the early 90's and the Lotus is about 5 times more expensive to run than the porker.

TO SUM UP USE IT !!!!Thats what they were built for,but its a lotus ! ;)

Sorry,forgot to mention Insurance.Last year was