Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
'Lectric Porsche - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

'Lectric Porsche

https://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsche/e-performance/~report~/mission-e-turns-taycan/uk~en~e-performance-mission-e-name-reveal/

glad to see theyve done now but changed the 911 abit.........again......

there really must be no one in the porsche design office........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It looks shite and just like every other Porsche currently on the market, but obviously that is my very humble opinion and probably supports Gareth's observation re no-one in the design office...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

It looks shite and just like every other Porsche currently on the market

Ah, interesting. I've tried to do my best and look at the rest of Porsches - closest one is probably Panamera (for obvious reasons there is not much in common with SUVs or 2-door cars). Looks quite different to me:

c799bb7144a54718d817014164e6377d.jpg

As for your assessment of its attractiveness - this is very subjective and looks like a bit of a teeny reaction. It certainly looks not worse than Tesla Model S and probably better than most of the electric cars that are produced at scale currently.

Of course it's subjective, that's why different people like different things - e.g. in women some like blondes, some like brunette, etc - it's all subjective!

Saying something looks shite doesn't mean you're being "teeny", it just means your expressing your opinion in a short and snappy summary :)

I could of course have gone on to wax lyrically about the design flows, the lines, and all the other technical jargon but, as I was short of time, and you seemed to not have understood @theelanman humour or the irony I thought I'd provide a more simple, more direct, summary.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Saying something looks shite doesn't mean you're being "teeny", it just means your expressing your opinion in a short and snappy summary :)

Ah, I see. No problem then - being a smartest ass around here, you must know more about "shite" than I care to. Good luck with it!

@vd9, your response is what I expect from you as it seems just about everything I post seems to piss you off based on your various previous comments to my posts on different threads.

I might be a smart ass in your mind, but in my mind you come across as one right miserable @@@@er. But hey, I'm done mate, let's agree to not agree and have a good night and have a good life.

I'll not respond again to anything from you so you won't have to deal with a smart ass!

The small print.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Of course it's subjective, that's why different people like different things - e.g. in women some like blondes, some like brunette, etc - it's all subjective!

Just as long as the collar and cuffs match eh?

:lol:

In my case that is less important. A creative hairstyle is fine by me Tim.

The small print.

I think in this case it was behind.....  no, best stop, their might be children reading....

The small print.

On 07/09/2019 at 19:57, vd9 said:

Ah, I see. No problem then - being a smartest ass around here, you must know more about "shite" than I care to. Good luck with it!

erm.........Im not sure I meant to cause distress......

I just cant see any spark of ingenuity or flare..........

40 minutes ago, theelanman said:

I agreed with you, so no distress from me. :)

The small print.

17 minutes ago, theelanman said:

No worries at all, it is really subjective and obviously tastes differ. My reaction was only linked to a patronising and unnecessary tone employed by a specific contributor. :zorro:

It looks better than a Panamera but then so does an elephant's arse.

"The first electric sports car with the soul of a Porsche" apparently.

Along with the Turbo and Turbo S nonsense it shows complete contempt for their customers intelligence to me but that seems to be the way they like it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Pits said:

"The first electric sports car with the soul of a Porsche" apparently.

Ah Soul of Porsche...........I understand now.......:lol:

• Like 1

In other words a domestic appliance with the soul of a food blender!

I'm sure it will be fast though and for many actually preferable to a fast diesel. I think I'd probably rather have electric Taycan to a diesel Panamera myself, I'm not actually anti-electric at all. If it meant we could still have Ferrari V12's and Lotus/Toyota supercharged V6s I'd be all in favour of a widespread switch over to electric for daily runners. Trouble is I don't think we'll be able to have our cake and eat it. Once electric takes hold and the infrastructure starts to switch over, road legal ICE cars will quickly become socially unacceptable, very expensive to run and soon after banned altogether. Track use will continue I'm sure so if you're looking for a petrol keeper make sure it's decent on track. Fortunately all Lotus cars are.

The coolest car, bar none, according to the kids at my son's school is a Tesla. Any Tesla as long as it has the big ipad in the dash. Sign of the times folks!

My new Volvo S90 daily diver has one of those. Does that mean it is now a cool car according to the kids?  15 years ago my new XJ Jag had a TV receiver in the dash and twin DVD screens in the rear headrests and I have to admit, my kids thought it was cool as fcuk, as did their mates who always seemed up for a drive to anywhere in it. If only kids could see back to the future eh?

image.jpeg.466a17567952f4c7459a06d364ef06e5.jpeg

I'm not sure electric is going to win the long game to be honest. The national infrastructure costs are just shite as the housing density in UK cities and towns makes it currently horrendously expensive to put the correct charging infrastructure in place for a mass EV rollout.  I can absolutely see a time within 5-7 years when all diesel vans/buses/lorries are forced off the city/town streets and replaced with either hydrogen (as is currently happening in a trial in Aberdeen using legacy gas network piping and local authority buses) or EV.  It makes sense. Large distribution centres and depots are already strategically placed outwith the major habitation centres of towns and cities so they act as the local hub for EV fleets to deliver in congested urban areas and these will also be the first fleets of truly autonomous driverless vehicles. Again, in my humble opinion.

The average UK vehicle is kept for 4 years (6 years in Europe) so realistically it will take between 8 and 10 years before we see the volume of EV cars on the road tip over the number of IC vehicles (not helped by the UK Government scrapping or reducing the EV incentives), but more likely 12-16 years which takes us nicely to the 2035 zero carbon targets.  However, as long term Tesla owners will tell you, it is getting harder for them to use the network of fast chargers as more Tesla cars = more demand and sometimes they are 2 or 3 behind in the queue as assuming an average fast "top up" of 20 minutes that's between 60 and 80 minutes to charge on a journey! Indeed, for many, Tesla no longer offer the "free" charging for life deal that they used to get, and of course, for non Tesla EV's the situation is worse as at the last report almost 25% of the "commercial charging" station, e.g. Ecotricity and the ilk, were either broken or not compatible. However, as if often the case the news and everything focuses on the hype, as opposed to the reality so this is not often reported but is a common theme when you talk to owners who use their EV's for more than the supermarket or hairdresser run.

None of us can ever predict the future (unless of course we voted Remain but that's for a different thread) however what we can do is to try to assimilate the facts from as many sources as possible to then allow you to draw an informed decision. A bit like mine re the Taycan being a "shite" design that just looks like every other Porsche.  I looked at loads of pictures and concluded, as per the OP, that the Porsche design team must surely be on holiday. And I guess that neatly brings us full circle and back on the original topic!  That's a change for me for sure!

The small print.

On 07/09/2019 at 13:43, C8RKH said:

It looks shite and just like every other Porsche currently on the market, but obviously that is my very humble opinion and probably supports Gareth's observation re no-one in the design office...

Hahaha totally agree 👍👍👍😆😆😆

Oh. You must be a fellow smartass then lol.

• Love 1

The small print.

Here's the Daily Telegraph's review.  Makes a couple of interesting comments about how it's not going to save the planet.  I particularly liked the line, " Because nothing sets new standards of sustainability like many thousands and thousands of unnecessary miles travelled by road and air, "when the writer refers to the plan for the journalists to drive the cars from Oslo to Berlin.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE