Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New 2020 Exige images released - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New 2020 Exige images released

stephenwhyte

Ok apologies......maybe a bit of clickbait and maybe I made it upšŸ˜‰.......but if someone had said this was a new Exige Iā€™d have thought WOW &Ā been pleasantly surprised!šŸ‘Œ

To me it does look like it could be a more modern Exige while alsoĀ lookingĀ a little ā€œEvija likeā€Ā at the front endšŸ˜Ž

777548E5-AB85-4349-A98E-71610FA81C7B.jpeg

• Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

it looks lovely but it also looks too heavy for a Lotus

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.Ā 

Ā 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

yeah, but how many owners will ever drive it. Bet half of them get shipped with no batteries!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.Ā 

Ā 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hereā€™s the article - the Hennessey Venom F5 in the article is 1360kg and running a V8. Stick a Toyota V6 in there, trim it down a bit and stick a Lotus badge on itšŸ˜‰

Ā 

C0BE4415-6B49-406E-90E4-1FEEFC1577B4.png

4DF743CC-B77A-442C-8763-BE174267B70E.png

Now now, go and take some hormone tablets :)

• Confused 1

Ā 

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So the first car to come out of Hethel will be presented late next year. It will occupy the Exige segment but do not expect itĀ to replace the exige in all its characteristics...Ā It will be more of a Cayman-Boxster competitor than the Exige is now.Ā But it should use 4 cyl turbo with adequate hp, stunning design and new creature comfort than any Lotus dare I say ever...Ā  Overall a more lifestyle oriented vehicle than the Exige, less track focussed more daily drivable and rumor has it,Ā a different nameĀ Ā to signal a departure from what the Exige is now. Yet I'm clearly hoping that at the top end the car may be just as savage as the current Cup 430.Ā 

Alpine then. Ā 
Ā 

I did say when I sold my A110, that thatĀ car with a Lotus shaped body would have been perfect for road use.Ā 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,Ā Ā Exige 350, Ā Evora 400, Ā Exige V6S, Ā Esprit GT3, Ā 2-11 SC, Ā Evora S, Ā EliteĀ 501

On 18/12/2019 at 21:57, DJW said:

Alpine then. Ā 
Ā 

I did say when I sold my A110, that thatĀ car with a Lotus shaped body would have been perfect for road use.Ā 

When that happens Lotus will have a seriously long waiting list... with my name on it!

IĀ likeĀ Alpineā€™sĀ but donā€™t like the idea of a DCT (no matter how good the Getrag is). Hopefully Lotus will keep a manual option.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by auRouge
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Hussain Alzubaidi said:

HelloĀ 

Apparently it's going to be a new ESPRIT in 2021 and it looks something like this šŸ˜

3-lotus-v6-hybrid-esprit-render-2020-static-front.jpg

That's an Autocar paint shop chop job. It's one of the PR pictures for the Evija. It has nothing to do Lotus as far as I am aware.

Ā 

The small print.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

That's an Autocar paint shop chop job. It's one of the PR pictures for the Evija. It has nothing to do Lotus as far as I am aware.

It may not be exactly the same but I believe it is very close to this one and it has a v6 hybrid šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘ŒšŸ’Ŗ

Some more information about the priceĀ 

šŸ˜

Ā 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-21/lotus-is-gearing-up-to-make-a-car-you-can-drive-every-day

26 minutes ago, Hussain Alzubaidi said:

It may not be exactly the same but I believe it is very close to this one and it has a v6 hybrid šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘ŒšŸ’Ŗ

Some more information about the priceĀ 

šŸ˜

Ā 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-21/lotus-is-gearing-up-to-make-a-car-you-can-drive-every-day

No believe me, the picture you posted was an Autocar generated paintshop - it's the Evija picture chopped up. See below

image.png.794fb2b3bb04de8e5715bd091588235f.png

• Like 2

Ā 

The small print.

I don't believe it will be called Esprit but I do believe thatĀ the Evora chassis based 2-seaterĀ will take a lot of design cues from Evija. Whenever we finally see it.

Plan was end of this year. Looking more like end of 2021 early 2022 now. It was running late anyway, now add corona virus disruptions. They may well can it and decide to go straight to full EV (some sense in that, true mini Evija, market moving rapidly that way, especially by 2022) but that would involve yet futher delays. Don't hold your breath and enjoy the Lotus you have or snap up one of the brilliant current cars while you can.

• Gold FFM

Lotus making a car you can use everyday........ummmmm thatā€™s pretty much most cars theyā€™ve ever made - maybe not the 211 or the 340

• Like 2

Only here once