Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A Small, Small World - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

A Small, Small World

Tentenths

As some of you know, Penny (my wife) bought one of those new fangled Mini Cooper S's a couple of months ago. She's not generally a car person but is well and truly smitten with this one. So much so that she's recently joined a Mini Forum is busily making lots of new friends (sound familiar?).

Anyway, tonight we went off to our first Mini meet. 15 or so Minis in convoy from Colchester to Frinton, where we parked up by the greensward, did the usual tyre kicking and chatting thing, followed by fish and chips out of the paper.

Chatting to the guy we'd parked next to, who'd turned up in a shiny new ragtop Cooper S. Talking about where we'd come from and what we did for a living etc (as you do). Mentioned that he came from Maldon where he runs a precision engineering company. Vague bells began to ring.

"Don't suppose you've ever owned a Lotus Esprit?" asked I. "Err, yes...two actually" he answered, looking completely perplexed (we'd never met before).

As some of you will have guessed by now, it turned out to be Paul Webber.

Weird or what?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul had the green NA with huge exhaust (I've followed him in convoy, my car shook!) and the yellow 96 V8 if I remember right, lovely guy :wallbash:

Very small world, true story. <_<

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I was looking for a socket to fit the gearbox drain plug ,and as I was heading in the direction of PNM decided to call in at Beeston market as there are usually quite a few tool sellers . The first stall I enquired at ,asked what I needed it for ,when I said it was for an Esprit,his reply was I`ve got an Esprit! So I told him about the social scene with NMEG and about LEF and LEW,

Trevor.

logo_01-2.jpg

Well done Trev.

Keep spreading the word.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Well done Trev.

Keep spreading the word.

Graham.

Seems how I got my infection too! I've rubbed salve on it buy it won't go away. It's also sucking the money right out of my wallet too! This is the best infection ever!

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• 2 months later...
This was Paul Webbers' first Esprit: Blue N/A. Don't think he did a page for his V8.

deffo a blue N/A Used to meet up a lot but havent seen him for a good year now. Infact many of us from the old days went to his wedding

U1Banner-160.jpgU1Banner-160.jpg.bc7c3472b0f84b8d560785ff40408ffc.jpg Esprit renovation Playlist : Car Events
Drive with a smile

Hi Steve... was wondering what had happened to you. Everything ok?

I've still been around just not within Lotus circles. As you know Loti is actually dead atm although I believe I've discovered the problem and have a easy solution to fix. Should be finding out about parts today hence sparking my mind to checking the forums to see whats been going on.

I was cleared of having cancer and now have another child on the way. This has so far been less than smooth and had an amnio test last Friday which is not an easy decision to make and are awaiting for the result today( has a 1 in 200 locally and 1 in 100 nationally of directly causing a miscarriage). Hopefully no majour genetic issues will be found and we can 'carry on as normal'. We have past the 4 day mark now so are unlikely to be the '1'.

I hope to get along to a few meets/Hoons soon even if without Loti. In any case we should do something given we practically pass each other every day.

U1Banner-160.jpgU1Banner-160.jpg.bc7c3472b0f84b8d560785ff40408ffc.jpg Esprit renovation Playlist : Car Events
Drive with a smile

Hello Steve, nice to hear from you and congrats on the new addition to the family and being cleared of cancer :thumbup:

Nice to hear the car is going to be back on the road soon, you've been missed on the hoons! :harhar:

Talking of small worlds, I've just called up the company that supply my most excellent recruitment software, Recruit Studio. Charlotte who is half of the company and I were discussing migration of the software to my new PC and somehow Lotus was mentioned. Her husband has an S2 and is hopefully joining the forum later today! Small world indeed! :whistle:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Steve-o !

Nice to see you're still around and still have that car of yours.

Doing my best to rally the troops - I think some wild night out is in order !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk