Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 33 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

4 hours ago, Martrack said:

According to TonyKL (see post above), we should get an update for the GPS and possibly the reverse camera, perhaps all their support guys do not have the same level of info !

I was told an upgrade is planned that might turn it into an mx2e clone but there was no eta. Could be waiting forever ☹️

• Sad 1

Try ordering one with a longer lead - these will be in less demand, so there might still be ones with Gen A firmware... I ordered one with a 200mm lead (which was all they had here in Australia) and it is the older Gen A one.

Ok got out on the weekend, so an update from me on my rev limit issue.

Turns out there is no 'issue'. Contrary to what the owners manual states (rev limit 6,800rpm in all modes) it does hit the limit at about 6,600rpm in tour mode, but revs out to 6,800rpm in sport mode (and I didn't try it, but surely race and off also).

Interesting, and easily missed as it's only 200rpm, but not unwelcome I guess.

Thanks to Paul_D and Inversed for their info. 👍

Hi, new to this forum, but really looking for some good advice, but it might already be too late!!!!

I have just purchased this dash for my Elise 111R. Toyota engined, on a 54 plate. Having read the headline specs I was aware of the need for an additional harness on airbag equipped models as per this quote.

• Adapter Harness: Elise/Exige model years 2004-2007 (version with airbag only)

I thought nothing of this as I don't have an air bag.

BUT,

Having a trial fit today, I found 2 connectors at the rear of my original head unit. Also, the dash would not power up, the car would start, but not turn off!! But dash remained blank.

So. Have I just wasted my hard earned cash 'cos it will never work?

Or. If I purchase the optional harness it will work?

I appreciate that there are issues with the cowl, and buttons, but thought that this might be worked around using some of the tips listed earlier in this forum.

Any thoughts are most welcome, cheers guys.

On 11/04/2022 at 09:29, Yann430 said:

So guys we will never have an update to make it work 🤬

This is 100% an issue caused by Lotus and their short sightedness in specifying a product with restricted functionality that I would guess, i think pretty accurately, that they never had any intention of providing long term support for. It's a shit situation and I think you should all be writing to Lo9tus to say WTF were you playing at and WTF are you going to do to support your loyalk customers?  I suspect their answer will be along the lines of AIM's, "we have a wonderful new product called an Emira and we suggest you upgrade to that model and enjoy the nice new TFT screen and functionality that that provides". This will fit nicely with their new Lotus 2.0 commercial model.

Sorry if this is not helpful, but having a go at AIM is wrong, they supplied the product to the specification that Lotus provided. They did their job just like the component supplier for every other part on the car.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes you MUST use the adapter harness on the white dash cars. Just hope you havent fried the dash as the feed and earths are in different locations on early cars compared to later hence the harness

guess that is a big oops! The Aim site is very misleading then, as I said, I did not think it was applicable because I don't have an airbag.

harness sourced. Will have to wait and see I guess.😢😢

On 24/04/2022 at 06:28, Wantalotus said:

guess that is a big oops! The Aim site is very misleading then, as I said, I did not think it was applicable because I don't have an airbag.

Its pretty clear sorry :( image.png.ef9b6ba8a3ead69c07cb0851758420c9.png

On 23/04/2022 at 19:28, Wantalotus said:

Not misleading really. They don't make a dash for the 2004-2007 white dash non air bag cars, The binnacle is different and doesn't fit so technically they dont make one for that car. However the cluster itself will work but needs some tweakage for the install. Hence why some retailers offer a kit with remote buttons

I had a 500mile round trip with the EliseFE and I love the dash, I really do... BUT... I wish it wasn't hamstrung.

I was on track at Anglesey and would have loved the GPS module to work, but can only order verB now :(

Would also love the reverse camera to work too :(

Really hoping AIM see to it that these functions will once again work.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Well, all good ATM. Thanks to Dave @Seriouslylotus, the harness and buttons arrived VERY quickly, and much help given re-connecting the pins on the supplementary Harness.👍 .

The dash would not boot up, and was unresponsive to buttons, which really got me twitching. But the dash was still under warranty, and I live close to Aim. So after a bit of diagnosis via mobile I dropped the head unit off with those guys. 3 hours later its fixed and installed, and WORKING........☺️.(dry joint on l/h button connector in head).

GREAT service by guys at Aim!!!!👍.

So thanks to the guys at Aim, thanks to @Seriouslylotus, great service guys, well done.

I do still feel slightly misled, but that is really a matter of interpretation of the specs...

• Connectors: 1 Delphi 12040722 connector & 4 binder 712 connectors
  • Dimensions: 191 x 114,2 x 26,4 mm
  • Weight: 640g
  • Power consumption: 400 mA
  • Waterproof: IP65
  • Adapter Harness: Elise/Exige model years 2004-2007 (version with airbag only)

I still read this as "adapter harness required for version with airbag only".

but hey, all good in the end, just need to sort the install into a car it was not designed for!!!!

Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2022 at 01:07, Martrack said:

What you can do through Race Studio 3 with MXLOTUS is :
- managing your tracks (delete tracks, upload new tracks) ;
- downloading your data (which contain car' sensors values, localisation, lap-times...) for post-analysis.

There's no customisation of FE dash available, so no custom shift light scale.
As shown here, there's a button to refresh expansions list (this is where I see my newly installed GPS09), but not sure additional sensors would work, as, as per the MX2E user guide, they need to be properly declared and configured through the CAN Expansions tab, which is not available with the MXLOTUS device (brake pressure sensor would have been nice, most important missing IMO for track data analysis).
I however suspect SmartyCam would work, as, as per the MX2E user guide, no configuration is needed. They should then work out of the box (I'm not thinking about testing this by myself though 🙂).

There's no Reverse Camera menu, as on the MX2E, so I'm not so surprised 😐

I have a 420FE and have the GPS module installed, I can connect to the dash using race studio 3 however it keeps stalling and giving an error mid transfer and the wifi connection is then dropped.  Did anyone else have a similar issue?  I can see the files there in the dash, and also in race viewer, however transfering them across and keeping a consistent connection is proving difficult.

34 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I have a 420FE and have the GPS module installed, I can connect to the dash using race studio 3 however it keeps stalling and giving an error mid transfer and the wifi connection is then dropped.  Did anyone else have a similar issue?  I can see the files there in the dash, and also in race viewer, however transfering them across and keeping a consistent connection is proving difficult.

Also I am using a Mac via bootcamp to boot windows. Might be the issue?

@cafe_racer I also use a Mac however as I'm on an M1 I run Windows 11 via Parallels Desktop - works a treat and have transferred many large files (hockenheim track day) from the AIM into race studio.  I've always been in the car when I've done it so close to the unit - I've not tried connecting the car to my home network but that might also be another option?

• Like 1

I am fed up of leaving the indicator on as i am slightly too tall to see it flashing, so i have added the on/off feature when the indicators are on. I wondered if there is away of adding the lights on buzzer sound when the indicator is flashing ? Might be annoying but may be safer. 

20220418_143514.jpg

@lotuslee281275, I was also accidentally leaving the indicator on as my quick release steering wheel does not always cancel the indicator. So have added a buzzer to the indicator relay to help with this.

1271.jpg.62e87db9b7669bd1391057750409bb02.jpg1272.jpg.c350b8e0c9888e34ff155d1716692306.jpg

Bought the buzzer from eBay and connected it to the relay by watching this YouTube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8zzDeWfm80

The guy in the video uses a piece of tape over the buzzer to control the sound level. I 3D printed a small bung to partly block the sound outlet hole but tape works just as well.

Hope This Helps.

On 29/04/2022 at 19:48, Jonathan E said:

How do you add the on/off numpty guide if possible?, I have lowered my unit so I can see the indicators but I still manage to leave the damn things on every now and again…I’m thinking belt and braces🙄

Sorry only just seen this

Go on race studio 3

Click on gear wheel

Tick box neside MX2E

Double click on MX2E

Click on display 

Channel groups click on add channels 

Click on channels 

Highlight any box on screen 

Click on left indicator

Repeat for right indicator

Save

Save as 

Ensure connected to sash wifi

Transmit 

You have to do this for eash screen colour either in road and race.

Hope this helps fairly easy once youve done the first one

20220504_195350.jpg

I have also lowered the dash in the housing by simu slotting the screw holes and that makes seeing the shift lights and indicator easier 

20220501_095300.jpg

20220501_161655.jpg

• Like 1