Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

AiM have just launched a specific plug-and-play dash and binnacle / GPS logger/laptimer combo for 2011 onwards Lotus (Elise and Exige)

https://aim-sportline.com/en/products/plug-and-play/mx2e/index.htm

I've definitely been impressed with their Solo2DL datalogger in my Cup (which this would render redundant), and was tentatively looking at dashes. This is mighty tempting.

• Like 2

Nice bit of kit. Likewise have been impressed by my Solo2DL, would be nice to pair it with the SmartyCam but the price of the thing! And will likely be worthless when they bring the next gen out.

Presumably this would be compatible with a 3rd party ECU?

It’s pretty pricey at €1700.00 and I’m waiting on the reply about being able to see the variable traction slip setting in the Cup variants. I’m not sure they’ve thought of that. 

also, how does gear select Image read out work which shows which gear you’re in? I don’t understand. 

Would also be nice in CF binnacle but they said no. I guess if I buy I will keep all the original parts anyway so if I move on the OEM parts are available. 

26 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

also, how does gear select Image read out work which shows which gear you’re in? I don’t understand. . 

It Will be a function of speed and rpm. It works in Harry’s laptimer so fairly straight forward I think. You need to enter all the gear ratios in Harry’s Laptimer 

Edited by RedViper

3 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

It’s pretty pricey at €1700.00 and I’m waiting on the reply about being able to see the variable traction slip setting in the Cup variants. I’m not sure they’ve thought of that. 

also, how does gear select Image read out work which shows which gear you’re in? I don’t understand. 

Would also be nice in CF binnacle but they said no. I guess if I buy I will keep all the original parts anyway so if I move on the OEM parts are available. 

They're certainly aware of it from their vehicle protocol file for the Solo2DL. They specifically list ECU Channel 29 (LTC 5 Step) and Channel 30 (LTC 10 Step) as channels that can be displayed on the Solo2DL. Whether this dash will have a readout covering those channels depending on model selection, they'll have to confirm. You'll at least have to select your model to get the correct fuel gauge reading, that's for sure.

Regarding gear position, the ECU Channel 2 that outputs Gear position is only applicable to Automatic vehicles, I've not seen any other way in the Solo product for it to display (i.e a user input based on ratio). I'll have to read your notes again, @geartox

5 hours ago, W31SSN said:

Nice bit of kit. Likewise have been impressed by my Solo2DL, would be nice to pair it with the SmartyCam but the price of the thing! And will likely be worthless when they bring the next gen out.

Presumably this would be compatible with a 3rd party ECU?

For me the price for the smartycam is complicated to justify when you compare the image quality with a gopro.

At this price I prefer to make the overlay myself with RaceRender.

As far as I know @BAS, mileage is stored in the dash module. Hence AiM have confirmed they would have to input mileage into the new dash prior to shipping. Therefore, I believe you would revert to the old mileage if you retro-fitted the original clocks.

A dream would be the AIM MX2E with rearview camera in combination with the picture quality of a gopro for at least 1 camera pointing to the front of a total of 4, paired with the reliability and self start mechanism of VBOX/AIM and working with an intuitive software like circuit tools from VBOX ... 

So less or no cables lying around indoor + less of a mess fixing, overlaying and analyzing vids.

Not sure if i capture this thread by this comment or change the topic, but with the release of the AIM MX2E dash logger i started to think about alternatives for predictive laptiming as a tool for fine-/tuning my butt 😉, which is included in the MX2E. 

From other companies i found VBOX OLED black/blue, for example. 

and Apex Pro Digital Driving Coach https://apextrackcoach.com ,which tries to show u grip-lvl´s by a horizontal led in green and red - red lights should be the remaining unused grip while cornering. 

Guys from rennlist discussed it vs the AIM solodl2 in this thread, but im still not convinced ...  https://rennlist.com/forums/data-acquisition-and-analysis-for-racing-and-de/1144551-help-me-decide-upgrade-to-solodl2-or-apex-pro-2.html

I would be interested in ur opinion, how useful u think it might be in becoming a better driver?