Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 21 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

15 hours ago, Bispal said:

Lotus made and sold 3,350 cars in total from 2017-2021 when the 430CUP was available. So any Lotus is rare as they have only averaged about 650 cars a year for the past decade.  Usually the UK market share for sports cars is 10% of global, that works roughly for every manufacturer. However USA and many other markets did not get the 430CUP, or any Exige. There were around 50 sold in the UK so 150 world wide sounds about the right number including Europe, Australia and some far east markets? 

3350 units over that period of time is not many at all. No wonder I rarely see a Lotus. 

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, pete said:

My car. Miss it already. 

• Love 1

23 hours ago, Citizen said:

Why did you sell? P/xed for something else?

I’ve bought a McLaren 570s Spider. I did have a deposit down for an Emira but fancied a change (and something with a removable roof!). :)

The first thing I noticed was how familiar the steering and interaction with the road feels at speed. It’s obviously less analog but the paddle shift is very rewarding. A few weeks in I don’t miss the Exige as much as I feared I would.

The Cup 430 still holds a dear place in my heart but the 570 is a worthy replacement and an equally impressive piece of automotive machinery. 

• Like 2

A well trodden and logical step as so much Lotus DNA in McLarens which is partly what Ron Dennis wanted.

I did similar but have managed to hold onto my 430Cup.

My 570s was a Track Pack but moved to a 600LT , then 720s. 

The 570s was imo the most rounded and I enjoyed it more. Hopefully you will to 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That is very insightful actually! 

A couple of last questions for the McL guys. What would be the extra maintenance and running costs in terms of £££ per year?

Also I have seen some in the market and they tend to have way to many prior owners.. why aren’t people sticking with them?

Lots of McLaren owners used to use NFU as did I and they are amazing, great customer service. But prices shot up so many switched to Admiral, as did I. So far all OK, customer service seems better than average and they are very reasonable on premiums.  What macca are you getting? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 21/04/2022 at 00:00, Nathan Pitman said:

My car. Miss it already. 

I’ve had a massive crush on your 430 Cup since seeing it brand new “in the flesh” when I picked up my GT430 at Levens in Edinburgh a  couple of years ago. For me it’s the perfect spec & colour combination for a hot Exige. Timings not right for me otherwise I’d be in there like a shot with an offer.

I think that was the “other” type 25 here in the UK, the one that ended up on Collecting Cars. Mine was sold as new by Bell & Colvill here in Surrey. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey 430 fellas, 

An American budding in here. Apparently, the US govt has allowed the exception to import Exige Cup 430 final editions to the US for street use under 'show and display' exception, which basically allows you to register the car and drive it within 2500 miles/year. Given this info, I've been really interested in pursuing this but realizing that it'll be extremely expensive and hard to find one to buy. So I figured I'd start out in the forums here to see if I have any luck. Any idea where I could start on my search, what the best place would be to find one and what price I could expect?

Thanks

• Like 2