Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’ve done only a few mods. Have kept all original parts to swap back if desired if I eventually change car. 

1 Went From original to V2 smoked GRP rear lights last year now to new unsmoked V3 lights a few weeks ago. Which look incredible.  

2 Managed to get the wooden surround gear knob same as the Type 25 430CUP.

3 Most recent mod is the mirror and stalk upgrade by GFWilliams and Imran. I ordered immediately having had a chat with them before the orders went live So was in batch 1. There was a delay with mine as they changed the matt black finish on the stalk for the CUP which I am really chuffed they did as they really do look fantastic. I opted to black wrap to cover the third hole and again can be returned to OEM if necessary.

4. Black petrol surround.

I’m keen to get the new AIM dash upgrade but wasn’t keen on the plastic binnacle cover at present so will see if a CUP CF option is released at some point.

142C8168-F45E-4D55-BB5B-4EEE28BF3E8D.jpeg

EAD428D5-942C-4BE6-9BE8-80C3C926CA7D.jpeg

EA4608BB-309D-4000-BC64-CF6483A53785.jpeg

On 16/12/2019 at 07:30, BatMobile said:

Very nice Andy, those upgrades really add to the car, especially the carbon mirrors!

Pop up a few pics from the front please. :) 

what colour is yours?

Hi mate.

It’s Pewter Grey. Yours looks great with those alloys. 

Here is a front shot. 

8DDDD996-DCB1-4186-AD67-E5A55A53DD3E.jpeg

On 15/12/2019 at 20:18, Andy Norman said:

I’ve done only a few mods. Have kept all original parts to swap back if desired if I eventually change car. 

1 Went From original to V2 smoked GRP rear lights last year now to new unsmoked V3 lights a few weeks ago. Which look incredible.  

2 Managed to get the wooden surround gear knob same as the Type 25 430CUP.

3 Most recent mod is the mirror and stalk upgrade by GFWilliams and Imran. I ordered immediately having had a chat with them before the orders went live So was in batch 1. There was a delay with mine as they changed the matt black finish on the stalk for the CUP which I am really chuffed they did as they really do look fantastic. I opted to black wrap to cover the third hole and again can be returned to OEM if necessary.

4. Black petrol surround.

I’m keen to get the new AIM dash upgrade but wasn’t keen on the plastic binnacle cover at present so will see if a CUP CF option is released at some point.

142C8168-F45E-4D55-BB5B-4EEE28BF3E8D.jpeg

A fellow Carcoon user!  I have 2 they are both battered & torn and the zips are both broken as i use them so often. They are very useful esp. as they hide cars from prying eyes!  I need to get mine refurbished though. 

1 minute ago, Bispal said:

A fellow Carcoon user!  I have 2 they are both battered & torn and the zips are both broken as i use them so often. They are very useful esp. as they hide cars from prying eyes!  I need to get mine refurbished though. 

Yeah it’s great until I get a garage. It comes off if the winds are crazy as like you said, it gets battered. 

1 minute ago, Andy Norman said:

Yeah it’s great until I get a garage. It comes off if the winds are crazy as like you said, it gets battered. 

They really don't last, quite disappointed with the long term quality but mine are 3 and 4 years old and they get used weekly so that's a total of 150 &  200+ open & closes.  I guess if its used monthly they would fare a lot better. There is literally nothing else on the market though.  I started putting a lose cover on my cars before i put the carcoon on as I did get scratches on one of my cars with all the rolling on and off and that has definitely helped.  No space for a garage for me so I am stuck with them until I invent something better 😉 

Just so you all know. There is a front lip diffuser recall fix issued from Lotus on the 430. Mine is going in on Thursday for the fix. Also make sure there isn’t a coolant reservoir issue too, mine was ok and it’s car specific so worth asking. 

hopefully it’ll help the issue of the rubber lip mounting plastic bolts unwinding and getting the dreaded skirt droop resolved. 

love the colour, especially with the yellow highlights.

Good to know Andy, mine is at 650 miles so I’ll raise that at the running in service.

yes they had a bad batch of coolant reservoir’s which weren’t manufactured correctly so leaked. Mine had to have a replacement and is now perfect. Believe it took them a while to realise the batch was bad which caused ppl to have multiple failures! 

Does anyone else have issues rev matching in-between gear changes or while heel and toeing?  My car will sometime not respond to the throttle when the brake pedal or clutch is depressed.  Lotus have told me this is legislation called "brake throttle over-ride" which means in some conditions you cannot brake and accelerate simultaneously or use all 3 pedals at once.  I have spoken to some other owners who have experienced the same issues and others who have not.  Seems very random. Lotus have inspected the car and experienced the issue and told me there is nothing they can do.  Mysteriously after they had the car there was an improvement in some modes which leads me the believe they did make some tweaks but didn't want to confess. Its still not consistent though.  It seems a specific issue relating to legislation which Donald Trump (of all people) reversed in 2019 and was due to deaths caused specifically by Toyota cars accelerating while the brake was depressed (later discovered to be floor mats causing the issue)  However Toyota and VW, due to lots of law suits, instigated the legislation.  Seems odd Lotus would not code this out unless Toyota insisted on it for their supply of engines due the the law suits?  Anyone else here experiencing this? 

https://brainonboard.ca/safety_features/active_safety_features_brake_override.php

1 hour ago, Andy Norman said:

Just so you all know. There is a front lip diffuser recall fix issued from Lotus on the 430. Mine is going in on Thursday for the fix. Also make sure there isn’t a coolant reservoir issue too, mine was ok and it’s car specific so worth asking. 

hopefully it’ll help the issue of the rubber lip mounting plastic bolts unwinding and getting the dreaded skirt droop resolved. 

According to Lotus and Silverstone Lotus there is no recall for Lip or Reservoir they were only from Technical Bulletins to be checked 

Just now, BatMobile said:

mine actually heal and toes better than my 350 did, that car could be random and required a good meaningful stab of the accelerator whereas the 430 is very accurate. mine also works in every mode 

This is how my 430 behaves, as you know 😉 My 350 was hit and miss as well but not quite as bad.

1 hour ago, Andy Norman said:

According to Lotus and Silverstone Lotus there is no recall for Lip or Reservoir they were only from Technical Bulletins to be checked 

2 hours ago, schubacca13 said:

What's the fix for the front lip actually?

I’ll let you know Thursday. See the below screenshot of the email I got from Lotus. 

Diffuser support strut and new brake servo clip. 

4 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

I’ll let you know Thursday. See the below screenshot of the email I got from Lotus. 

Diffuser support strut and new brake servo clip. 

Perfect, thank you!

I switched my order from a 410 to a Cup 430.

It should arrive in about 6-8 weeks.

Could you ask the dealer wheter it is fixed for MY20 cars?

• Like 2