Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora LE Alpine handbook - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora LE Alpine handbook

Hi

Does anyone know if I can download the handbook/instructions for the Alpine unit fitted in LE model Evora? Mine is missing from the history book pack.

Can I pair up my iPhone to this unit to use my music?

Also the radio reception is terrible, not sure where the antenna is?

I am sure I can work it out as only just bought the car but worth an ask from people in the know. 🤞🏼

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

You need to plug your iPhone into the aux socket it someone’s fitted it. In the glove box of mine it has a usb which connects to the radio as iPod.

radio reception isn’t the best - oh and the sat nag is pretty crap but does half work 

• Thanks 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

One day I will actually look at changing it - but to be fair the radio works and the iPod bit does it’s stuff. On balance it’s not a top priority issue

Only here once

System seems ok and never been that bothered by ICE, says you can play a DVD with handbrake on, can’t see that ever getting used these days with kids grown up unless the brake part can be bypassed and the passenger is bored 😐

On 18/01/2020 at 21:45, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Also the radio reception is terrible, not sure where the antenna is?

The antenna is just a piece of co-ax hidden up behind the passenger side a pillar cover, it's really not ideal. We had a lot of threads back in the day about radio reception and the solution most went for is an updated head unit (the Alpine/Blackbird is dire!) and a DAB splitter on the co-ax aerial. That's what I've done. 

• Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks Bibs

I will do some research on the early posts then probably come back for more advice as not really up to speed on this and the head unit issues. 
Are they a simple change as seems quite integrated to the dash? 

Dave :) 

Google this...

evora ICE stereo replacement  site:www.thelotusforums.com

You'll see a ton of options there. Here's what I did...

The head unit was £300 odd at the time and I got a couple of hundred back on the Alpine on ebay I recall. I think Halfords charged £40 to fit and the guy there was fortunately a real geek and car fan so enjoyed getting it installed just right. 

• Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.