Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1976 Elite restoration. - Page 2 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1976 Elite restoration.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

lol.......isnt that the excuse we give DVLA for retaining vehicle ID's...........

:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:

and 'cut the body off'............is it that bad???

oh wait.....you mean the one thats 'had it'.....phew

• Haha 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

On 03/02/2020 at 14:39, mikeeech said:

The number on the subframe (which you may be confusing with a chassis) is not the chassis number. This is on the plate rivited to the body. 

Anonymous quote from May 2014...

"yes - I've changed the chassis for a 2nd hand galvanised one which has a chassis number stamped at the front off side just rear of the front suspension mounting point. I'm not sure what is actually original on this car now - even the wheels show signs of being bought later."

Then we can debate, chassis vs space frame vs subframe 😉

Or Elite; Eclat, vs Seven; 11; 23 vs Elise; Exige

Neil

29 minutes ago, Neil D. said:

Anonymous quote from May 2014...

"yes - I've changed the chassis for a 2nd hand galvanised one which has a chassis number stamped at the front off side just rear of the front suspension mounting point. I'm not sure what is actually original on this car now - even the wheels show signs of being bought later."

Then we can debate, chassis vs space frame vs subframe 😉

Or Elite; Eclat, vs Seven; 11; 23 vs Elise; Exige

Neil

It's amazing what 6 years of knowledge of these cars can do for you.

• Like 1

Hi Rob - foam is OK, it's the leather that's poor.  The passenger side seat isn't too bad and the driver's side back is reasonable, but the driver's side "squab" is quite worn.  It will eventually need recovering but I can't afford that yet!  If I could find a good base - squab - I would have a serviceable set.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...